• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I deal with Corrin & Palutena as Lucina?

TASpeedbinge

Smash Rookie
I'm labbing some stuff now and I'll post anything I find. In the meantime does anyone have some good basic strategy I can use to approach them and what to do when they're offstage? All help is much appreciated!

TASpeedbinge

Smash Rookie
Or maybe if a decent player would be kind enough to play as Palutena and Corrin against me so I can get some directed practice against her I would be forever greatful.

Gamrage

Smash Rookie
I would say in order to deal with Palutina, you need to force your opponent to whiff a lot. I'd say dash dancing and jumping a lot is important. If a projectile comes at you, you can full hop or short hop towards her. If you're not dash dancing, block and spot-dodging is still viable. Palutina might have larger hitboxes but she's a lot more punishable because of Lucina's superior framedata. If she whiffs a F-Tilt, blade dance isn't a bad punish, If you jumped, you can try to cross-up aerial. There's a lot more to be said, but I don't want to ramble on too much.

In short, Force whiffs with short and full hops. Punish them with your superior and safer frame data.

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
I say that beating Corrin is easy but you need to be careful. Corrin has a good advantage state and Lucina's advantage state isnt that good.

Palutena and Lucina matchup is difficult. You need to try to punish her neutral options by shielding and replying with something quick like Nair or up tilt/Jab

Its difficult to edgeguard Palutena but you can 2 frame her if you are really good.

Really its all about microspacing in neutral well with your fair or bair.

Espadaend

Smash Rookie
Best way to deal with Palutena is to force her offstage and above you. Above you, you should have an easy time juggling them, until they use teleport cancels to get away from you. When they start doing those, you want to observe how they use it, and then punish it when you need the damage or the kill. On the ledge, you want to either hold shield to react to their options, or be standing outside of their getup attack/aerial attack range, and react to their options in that position. You may want to mix up the two spots to get them off balance. When they have you in disadvantage, your main focus should be getting back to ground safely, dont try to reverse the situation from a bad spot. Most of the times when youre above them, you want to go to ledge and try to reset neutral. Other than that, make sure you attack their shield safely with down tilt, forward tilt, falling forward air/Neutral air/Back air. If they make themselves easy to read while you play safely and with a plan, they try going for some reads to finish them off early.

Top Bottom