• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I counter Richter/Simon with peach?

T3RT1S

Level Up!
NNID
pokeLogZ
Hi everyone, I can never seem to close the gap between me and Simon/Richter. I usually play as Peach/Daisy, Young Link and To be decided (TBD). I can imagine that I should just short hope with peach/daisy and float down air them but every time I try they use their holy cross. Thanks you for the help in advanced.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
If the belmonts are dedicated to keeping you out flying down with dair between the onslaught of flying **** is probably only going to happen once or twice as a break through into their space.

If its match start you may be able to get in quickly with a dash attack or dash grab or dtilt but if not and you get pushed back you want to grab a turnip and get ready to creep your way in. If you can parry the cross great but if not bair can push it back as well as tossing a turnip at it but try to parry/block/bair because you want that turnip to knock him off balance and create an opening for you to break into his space.

We can float over ground cross height but if hes only using it when you get close from floating you can drop your float and airdodge to the ground past the cross and you should have time to close in and only have to worry about the whip and holy water till the cross comes back

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Don't forget you have a counter - if someone is spamming projectiles, you can rush in on the ground or low in the air and utilise it. She has good range with her counter. It might dissuade them from spamming, giving you more opportunities to make use of your aerials.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Don't forget you have a counter - if someone is spamming projectiles, you can rush in on the ground or low in the air and utilise it. She has good range with her counter. It might dissuade them from spamming, giving you more opportunities to make use of your aerials.
That's only if you're in range to hit him with toad spores and hopefully not far enough where he can still whip you for trying. And unless he gets knocked far offstage it may not help much

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Try grabbing them after throwing a Turpin. Wait till they are furnable, only go short hop floats when they are in hitstun and you need a follow up. Maybe this way you’ll get camped less. Also, your edgeguarding will be deathly to them.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
I've had some success floating above the cross. You can also get above the holy water this way. Make sure you grab a turnip before you start approaching. If he jumps to get you with whip or cross, fast-fall and catch his landing with turnip. Otherwise, you can come in with fair, nair, dair, turnip, toad, or bomber, and he can axe, whip, or shield, so you have fairly even options in that state, maybe even favoring except that you're forced to act in a particular window of time. Also, the float height that lets you dodge cross while landing bomber is very narrow, so if you're uncomfortable with it, float further up and fast-fall when you want to use bomber.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Its tough to get in for most characters. Turnips, Shield, Dash attack and Dash Grabs are about all i can think of

I imagine really good peach players can thread the needle mobility wise and move in with fast fall floats and cancels to close the gap while dodging the projectiles and still being able to throw out aerials to cover the approach

I'd have to see it in action to know if that actually works though

Top Bottom