• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I counter Duck Hunt projectile camping?

Laraso

Smash Rookie
So I just played a game in For Glory against someone. He wasn't very good, and I was consistently two stocking them with my Bowser. Then the guy decided to play Duck Hunt, and literally all he did was roll to the edges of the stage and throw frisbees and cans. It was exceedingly difficult to approach him, because I had to shield every half second, and when I got anywhere near him he would frametrap me with his frisbee into a grab. This is the main problem I was having, the frametraps really screwed me over. (I'm not sure if they were really frame traps, but with latency it sure did feel like one). I tried approaching from the air but he threw cans up and then punished me for airdodging it when I landed, If I got around the can he simply rolled away, which was very difficult to punish but I did successfully manage to land a few hits on him in that state. The battle dragged on forever, he literally didn't do anything but throw out projectiles and grab, and I didn't die until I reached around 280% damage. This dragged on until sudden death, where I died to a frisbee.

I feel like the dumbest person alive right now because I legitimately can't figure out how to get around these projectiles. Can somebody else give me a few tips on how to deal with this?

Last edited:

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
You don't son.

*Machine gun fire spells "DUCK HUNT" into the wall and dramatic brass instruments blare*

Naw, just keep pressure on him and don't let him set up. If he's rolling a ton, work on punishing rolls. As a note, you can hit those cans, and if I remember right, a decent section of Bowser's moves can break frisbees. Like your fire for example.

Laraso

Smash Rookie
I don't understand why this was moved... This was really better off in the Bowser boards.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
He suffers lag after launching the Clay Pigeon (disc), so he can't act for about a second after it comes out except for pressing B. Just jump over it.

The Trickshot (can) can be knocked back with Bowser's ftilt. If it's coming at you through the air, just stand still and bait it to come close, then run under it and close in on him, since the can is already going in an arc at that point. He loses to fast characters that put pressure on him...considering Bowser's speed, I'm not sure that this would be a good matchup.

Source: I play Duck Hunt

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why this was moved... This was really better off in the Bowser boards.
nah your looking for duckhunts weakness right? so it doesnt matter what character you use so the question isnt specific to bowser. granted by telling us who you use we can narrow down what you need to do to deal with him.
normally "weakness threads" go in the characters forum that your trying to find the weakness of

anyway the projectiles duckhunt has are weak they can either be destroyed easy or hit back the frisby has 2% health if i remember right and the gunmen have an average of about 5% each so knocking them down is easy with a heavy hitter like bowser. the can, can be hit back but i dont know if thats the best thing to do? maybe i would stick to dodging them though. your heavy and slow though so the match up might just not be in your favor

Spirst

nah your looking for duckhunts weakness right? so it doesnt matter what character you use so the question isnt specific to bowser. granted by telling us who you use we can narrow down what you need to do to deal with him.
normally "weakness threads" go in the characters forum that your trying to find the weakness of

anyway the projectiles duckhunt has are weak they can either be destroyed easy or hit back the frisby has 2% health if i remember right and the gunmen have an average of about 5% each so knocking them down is easy with a heavy hitter like bowser. the can, can be hit back but i dont know if thats the best thing to do? maybe i would stick to dodging them though. your heavy and slow though so the match up might just not be in your favor
If he's complaining about it being moved from the Bowser boards, I think it's safe to say he was using Bowser as the basis of the thread and thus, uses Bowser.

The issue is that Bowser has a large hurtbox with generally poor options for dealing with Duck Hunt's projectile camping since he has no projectiles of his own other than Fire Breath and that won't do much given the transcendent priority of the gunmen shots. This is a MU where the Bowser should perfect their perfect shielding and try their best to stay on Duck Hunt without giving him space to breathe. Try to keep DH around the ledge where you can threaten him with the possibility of getting thrown offstage/horizontally KOd. I don't think this MU is a good one for Bowser so you'll have to be very patient and take any opening you get if you decide not to switch characters altogether.

Top Bottom