• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I change port/shield colors?

GreenBread

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceformation
3DS FC
1203-9525-6346
I was wondering how to change the port and shield colors. I was hoping to make them purple, orange, or a crimson red. Thanks.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Extract PlCo.dat from the menu section of the iso in DTW, then get program called HSDraw, open up the .dat menu file and you can change the colors there, shield and port are pretty clearly labeled. Shield works 100%, but I can't get port to work even tho it should be the exact same process. I just want a plain gray/white/black port so the alt colors better match themselves, these boldass red, blue, yellow, green ports are KILLIN me.

If you get lost go to the melee workshop discord, theres resources for HSDraw there, but they're limited.

ar-o-matic

mid tier enthusiast
Ofc. Should you ever find out how to change port colors, please report back.

I'll do the same =p
After some digging I was able to figure it out. Will update later when I have a chance to make a write up!

EDIT: Too lazy to write anything up,
but I made this, so that's something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom