• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do i become the best smash player in the world?

Bex D

Smash Rookie
hello. i would like to become the best at melee, and better than everyone else. how can i do so? i used to play as young link, but people said that he was bad, so i switched to sheik, because people say she is cheap, and easy to get good at with. there isn't a big melee scene where i live, and my computer is too slow and not very good, so i can't use dolphin emulator and play online, so i can only play on real gamecube against cpus.

The Cutting Edge

Smash Apprentice
practice tech and comboes vs CPUs as Fox or Falco. These characters will give you more to practice and improve upon when you're alone. If you have a job, save up for a good enough PC to play Dolphin online. Get a wired connection or at least big router antennas to reduce lag. Actively compete at tournaments for at least 5 years. Accept the reality that you very likely won't fulfill your dream. Enjoy competing and improving because they're fun

Dragonhunter970

Smash Apprentice
NNID
dragonhunter970
3DS FC
3368-2516-8545
practice tech and comboes vs CPUs as Fox or Falco. These characters will give you more to practice and improve upon when you're alone. If you have a job, save up for a good enough PC to play Dolphin online. Get a wired connection or at least big router antennas to reduce lag. Actively compete at tournaments for at least 5 years. Accept the reality that you very likely won't fulfill your dream. Enjoy competing and improving because they're fun
Or you know- you can always cheat.

PixelSun

Smash Apprentice
hello. i would like to become the best at melee, and better than everyone else. how can i do so? i used to play as young link, but people said that he was bad, so i switched to sheik, because people say she is cheap, and easy to get good at with. there isn't a big melee scene where i live, and my computer is too slow and not very good, so i can't use dolphin emulator and play online, so i can only play on real gamecube against cpus.
Download the 20XX Training Pack and start training against CPUs 24/7 until you get so tired you need to go onto tournaments.

Milky2Milk

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydgen29
Defeat 100 CPUs in Cruel Multi-Man Melee and put your Gamecube in the microwave.

That’s how I did it.

Top Bottom