• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beaten For Glory Donkey Kong?

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
It's a me! The dumb drama-queen/king of For Glory! [Bash and kill me here!]

But aside from that. There's a For Glory Donkey Kong that pretty much gave me a lot of trouble this morning by the time of typing this.
In fact, due to more dedicated players staying around for as long as I have, a lot of DK's sometimes give me trouble with their long range and throw combos.

Via questionable characters you see in my deplorable signature, how can I go toe-to-toe with the leader of the DK Crew?

I get that one of his major weaknesses are trying to land safely in certain scenarios, but sometimes I still have to make sure I avoid his nasty back aerial. Neutral aerial despite its 'not-as-favorable' hitbox can easily catch me off guard if it hits as well.

Last edited:

sstrang

Smash Rookie
One thing that helps is learning the ding dong percentages for your character. Once you're in that percentage range, you know that they're going to be fishing for grabs and should be able to exploit that. DK's ledge options are terrible too - after getting juggled a few times because of his inability to land against a lot of characters, he'll probably retreat to the ledge, and he can't do much from there.

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
One thing that helps is learning the ding dong percentages for your character. Once you're in that percentage range, you know that they're going to be fishing for grabs and should be able to exploit that. DK's ledge options are terrible too - after getting juggled a few times because of his inability to land against a lot of characters, he'll probably retreat to the ledge, and he can't do much from there.
I see.

Btw, who has the bigger pivot grab range out of the two, Bowser/King Koppa, or DK?

Top Bottom