• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat you?

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
I need your competent input. There are few characters I feel as helpless against as G&W.
He is constantly throwing out massive, lingering hitboxes, especially his aerials (bair, nair). He deals a ton of damage and knockback, forcing me off stage early. In turn, trying to get back on stage is a nightmare due to frying pan and fair bomb. Juggling him is near impossible as his dair has insane priority, can be angled AND has a ground hitbox. Bucket now also reflects. DSmash has range that makes swordies jealous.
The only weakpoint that I can see is him being a lightweight, but his hurtbox is so low and he can throw out hitboxes to cover so well that he is hard to reach.

I know this sounds like a rant, but I'm honestly trying to find anything I can exploit. Would appreciate your help.
I play mostly Samus against him currently.

-SUNNYD-

Smash Rookie
dont play Samus against him, its a really bad MU. Can confirm GW doesnt do well against swordies (espec the FE ones like Roy & Lucina) tho.

Top Bottom