• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat this character

bew

Smash Rookie
I've been looking through these forums for months and I have not found one tip that has helped me in the slightest against my friends ganon. I don't struggle against ganons online at all but my friends is insane. His advantage is insane and every time I try to get something going I just die at 60. Hes the only ganon I ever struggle against. Nothing he ever does is predictable at all. There is no pattern. Its not like I don't know what i'm doing either I have multiple characters in elite smash. It just gets me so ****ing tilted when over and over again i'm at like 50 or 60 and hes at like 180 and i die to some horse ****.

I don't expect an easy way to deal with him, but i'd like some tips that aren't "wait for him to whiff and capitalize" or something like that because he doesn't whiff, and when he does he still manages to hit me first afterwords.

Hes not a great player either. Whenever we do random dittos he always loses.

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Pichu vs Ganon is kind of 50/50 because Pichu can get in there and Ganon can't do anything on the other hand Ganon can throw out a smash attack and kill Pichu
Actually no its really really bad for ganon its just that the matchup is now meme status and the pichu player is usually trash while the ganon is amazing. Against some one who knows the matchup ganon shouldnt even hit the pichu, he wins by thunder jolt alone

bew

Smash Rookie
Actually no its really really bad for ganon its just that the matchup is now meme status and the pichu player is usually trash while the ganon is amazing. Against some one who knows the matchup ganon shouldnt even hit the pichu, he wins by thunder jolt alone
while i do agree with this and appreciate it, I dont like playing pichu

bew

Smash Rookie
Which characters do you use?
Pichu vs Ganon is kind of 50/50 because Pichu can get in there and Ganon can't do anything on the other hand Ganon can throw out a smash attack and kill Pichu
ok so update ive begun to use ryu a bit after the patch cause hes actually good now and i can sort of space out ganon with hadouken and its variations

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
The problem is it sounds like your friend is just a legitimately good player. I understand you have multiple characters in elite smash but the fact that your friend is unpredictable and finds kills early shows that he knows his character's utilities and has at least a good understanding of match ups. You've already stumbled upon the first key to winning: recognizing major reasons that you lose. But that's not enough.

So here's the secret: unpredictability and killing early aren't horse****, and the next key to beating him is realizing this. The final key is unraveling these two ideas and finding solutions for them. Just picking a character that wins won't be enough. Maybe it will be enough to beat him, but it won't be enough to genuinely grow as a player. Hit the lab and solve these problems.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
If Ganon's beating you that badly, the most likely culprit is that you're the one being predictable. Save some replays of your matches and watch them from the other player's perspective. Take note if you ever take the same action twice. Generally, a Ganon will operate on the assumption that if you did it once, you're going to do the same thing the next time. As soon as that's not the case, they'll adapt to your new pattern. You really have to mix it up constantly.

Marcus the Red

Smash Rookie
If Ganon's beating you that badly, the most likely culprit is that you're the one being predictable.... Generally, a Ganon will operate on the assumption that if you did it once, you're going to do the same thing the next time. As soon as that's not the case, they'll adapt to your new pattern. You really have to mix it up constantly.
This is probably the best advice there is. Ganondorf's miserable frame data and mobility statistics mean that Ganondorf has no choice but to play the game of hard reads. One good example is Ganondorf's combo out of his side-b. He has a couple options: d-tilt, d-smash, or f-smash. If you roll behind him, then he's likely going to use d-smash. Mix it up with teching inward, teching in place, teching outward, rolling outward/inward, or missing the tech to keep your friend on his toes.

Top Bottom