• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do i beat this character

HeraSwellow

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-8400-4658-5024
sup fellas im a chrom/pichu main that struggles with corrin for some reason. can y'all help me with some advice against corrin?

D

Deleted member

sup fellas im a chrom/pichu main that struggles with corrin for some reason. can y'all help me with some advice against corrin?
Shield pin, SH aerial to punish. Corrin's neutral B is pretty laggy so that could be a good punish too and their Smash attacks have crazy range but again are laggy enough to be punished by fast characters like Chrom and Pichu.

ISolox

Smash Rookie
You can't
[This message was written by a Corrin main.]

All jokes aside though, look out for Side B, U-Air, D-Air, and B-Air. Also look out for counter at higher %.
Most of Corrin's other moves have slow start up, so you can take advantage of that in some way.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
I'm guessing range is your biggest issue.
Chrom and Pichu have speed over Corrin, so use that to your advantage - space yourself well and look for moves with slow start ups as said above.
Remember that Chrom can counter as well, I'd use that against a Corrin that repeatedly uses Side B and kicks out of it.
Pichu also has a faster projectile than Corrin, granted less powerful, but you can likely prevent them from spamming Neutral B and halt their movements.

Despite Chrom and Pichu being good in the air and having good follow ups from aerial challenges, you're likely going to come undone with this since Corrin has fast aerials and a better range. I'd only do this if you can predict a movement or know that you can punish a Neutral B or early counter.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
you see that massive pit at the edges? jump on it. This way the match will be over quicker, meaning you can stop playing quicker, wich is a definite win in my boook.

Okay, now seriously: Just don't be afraid of Corrin's range. All moves involving Dragon Fang except Dragon Ascent have negative priority, and will loose a trade against any other hitbox, no matter how weak, much like a grab does.

Last edited:

hermes

Smash Apprentice
In my experience corrin is slower weaker lucina with bad recovery and edgeguarding. His good tools are fair or dtilt conversions, frametrap juggles, pin and his ledgetrap tools with like pin dragon fang shot or fsmash. When you specifically be wary of those you wont have any problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom