• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOW DO I BEAT THIS CHARACTER?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
So there's this amazing Zelda player, and I can't even defeat him! It's like he plays a tool assisted Zelda with lots of fairs, bairs, and down throw to neutral air and it feels impossible, I'm starting to hate this character because when I launch her off stage, she gets back to matter what, it's pissing me off, and any other character I can defeat no problem except this one, please help! Oh god the neutral b is sooooo annoying
Characters I use: Samus (power suit) captain falcon, falco

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
So there's this amazing Zelda player, and I can't even defeat him! It's like he plays a tool assisted Zelda with lots of fairs, bairs, and down throw to neutral air and it feels impossible, I'm starting to hate this character because when I launch her off stage, she gets back to matter what, it's pissing me off, and any other character I can defeat no problem except this one, please help! Oh god the neutral b is sooooo annoying
You push the following buttons

image.jpg

PMS341

Smash Rookie
NNID
MofoGarrus
DI away after her dthrow, it'll mess with the nair string a bit. It takes a lot of practice with her to consistently nail fairs/bairs, so react accordingly to those approaches (lots of landing lag on these moves, so a spot dodge followed with a punish is a good idea). Zelda is fairly light, so a good usmash can take her out fairly early (or side smash if you're close to the edge, obviously). Use quick neutrals often, as her neutral game isn't the greatest (and her fastest tilt is her dtilt, so watch for it often). If you hear that teleport cue, be sure to shield (or move quickly!) if you think she's approaching you. Try and bait it out of her, as the landing lag is just awful, allowing you to follow up with a slightly-charged smash.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
weird character choice.
Anyways neutral B should be the least of your problems, if it is the problem might be that you are being overly aggressive in neutral. Dthrow Nair is guaranteed till around 30-40% to which you should DI away from Zelda, but the better way to keep this from happening is to not get grabbed. Lastly on Fairs and Bairs the easy way to say what you need to do is to try zelda in practice and notice where the lag is, it's rather ridiculous how much lag she has on landing lag on something that has no chance of being autocanceled you should even be able punish her should she hit you with the sourspot of the move (it's that bad). Zelda recovery however is zelda recovery, you're not going to rack up damage when zelda is offstage nor will you gimp her, your best choices are to either read get up or ledge trump. There really is not much you can do about it

Fighting Zelda is more about putting pressure on Zelda with out actually hitting her or commiting, there are plenty of things she can wiff that you can punish.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
weird character choice.
Anyways neutral B should be the least of your problems, if it is the problem might be that you are being overly aggressive in neutral. Dthrow Nair is till around 30-40% to which you should DI away from Zelda, but the better way to keep this from happening is to not get grabbed. Lastly on Fairs and Bairs the easy way to say what you need to do is to try zelda in practice and notice where the lag is, it's rather ridiculous how much lag she has on landing lag on something that has no chance of being autocanceled you should even be able punish her should she hit you with the sourspot of the move (it's that bad). Zelda recovery however is zelda recovery, you're not going to rack up damage when zelda is offstage nor will you gimp her, your best choices are to either read get up or ledge trump. There really is not much you can do about it

Fighting Zelda is more about putting pressure on Zelda with out actually hitting her or commiting, there are plenty of things she can wiff that you can punish.
Thanks! And to every one I thank you guys, I'll definitely start training against her more often, it discourages me if I'm a top player where I'm at and can't take care of a character :( even in project m struggle badly against her

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
Just play more passively. Zelda is a second main for me, and it's so frustrating when people start playing passively (which they usually do after getting punished playing aggressively). Zelda just doesn't have many approach options, so play passive and punish her.

Also she has a bit of trouble with people who outrange her. If you can hit her shield with an air attack while staying out of grab range, it's hard for her to respond.

D

Deleted member

Two words: Play lame.

Zelda has literally nothing to counteract it, especially with her crippling inability to approach. Like others have said, make pokes and don't make large commitments to moves. Zelda can do pretty nasty stuff if you just go in all guns blazing. It's all MU knowledge.

Also Wi-Fi Zelda is cancer, so I feel your pain.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Zair with Samus to create space, if you see dins fire come out, thats your signal to fire at will, preferably full CS (she cant get out of it fast enough to avoid the CS). she attacks from the air, Shield, then UpB OoS (:GCRT:>:GCY:>Immediate:GCU::GCB:). She spams reflect in the neutral approach with Zair or go for grab. heck even Bombing across the stage would be a good option, if she pursues she will eventually get hit by explosive damage and it racks up quick.(plus bomb into Fsmash is a true combo and will kill decently)
as long as you dont CS in the neutral predictably you won't get bodied by her. If you're getting juggled, FF Upair to the stage, amazing things happen with Upair, Plus FF Uair into UpB is a frame advantage combo that not even the high and mighty sheik can avoid. (that's Upair hitting without its final hit, the final hits knockback will throw her diagonally away so you won't get the UpB)

If you want more advice with that particular matchup (Samus vs Zelda) check out the Samus boards. There's been a bunch of new meta pouring out the woodwork over there that may help you a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom