• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U How do I beat the "Kirby's Crazy Appetite" event on normal mode?

Blahkay

Smash Rookie
(I'm new to the forums so sorry if I'm a little vague in posts) I've been trying to beat the event but even if I dodge some of the CPU's attacks I still seem to run out of time before I get to 0%. Any tips?

Khao

Smash Lord
Two things:
Copy Dedede's Inhale ability, and use it to eat the food rather than just picking it up, cause you get healed more that way.

Also, to avoid just running around aimlessly, pause to scan the area to check where the closest food is.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
^ I never thought of that. That would have been very useful. I just struggled with it until I beat it haha. Now I came across a challenge where it wants you to do it on hard.....may have to use my last challenge hammer for that.

Ikenna Ezechukwu

Smash Rookie
Two things:
Copy Dedede's Inhale ability, and use it to eat the food rather than just picking it up, cause you get healed more that way.

Also, to avoid just running around aimlessly, pause to scan the area to check where the closest food is.
This. I confirm these methods.
^ I never thought of that. That would have been very useful. I just struggled with it until I beat it haha. Now I came across a challenge where it wants you to do it on hard.....may have to use my last challenge hammer for that.
That challenge cannot be hammered if I recall correctly. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered doing it.

Thekiller37

Smash Cadet
NNID
Trebek
3DS FC
0232-8097-9642
Don't hammer it, it just takes a lot of luck to do on Hard. Copying Dedede's ability to inhale food for more hp and pausing are good strategies, but getting lucky with the food I feel is the biggest factor >_>

the8thark

Smash Lord
The trick here is to literally pause this 50x over. How I did it was to pause the game, look for the best way to get to the next food, race over get it, then pause again to look for the next food and the best way to get it. That does mean I spent more time thinking with a paused game then I did actually playing the match.

If you think too long before getting each food you'll run out of time or take hits from the Dededes.And yeah don't inhale anything, it's just too slow. Just pick up the food normally as fast as you can. And don't bother attacking the Dededes. Just run around them. Even f that means taking the long way around to get some food, do it. But you can work this all out while the game is paused. So really it's just a case of planing out how to get each food then doing it really fast.

Last edited:
Top Bottom