• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat the Belmonts?

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
My God, I truly feel helpless in this matchup. I feel like Ridley can literally do nothing to get in. His big hurtbox makes getting across the sea of projectiles a chore, and he is big enough to get hit by a Belmont’s short hop fairs. I really, really need some advice to beat these guys.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
My God, I truly feel helpless in this matchup. I feel like Ridley can literally do nothing to get in. His big hurtbox makes getting across the sea of projectiles a chore, and he is big enough to get hit by a Belmont’s short hop fairs. I really, really need some advice to beat these guys.
Get a good read on their cross habits and blast hot plasma at them outside of whipping range. Once they're forced to respond to the fireballs in some fashion you have your way in.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Ridley has a fast and short Airdash forward which is basically a air dodge. I made a video on this. If you take a moment to watch hopefully it can help on predictable cross toss or holy juice lol

Invincible dash

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
Great video? Is this faster than just rolling past it?
Definitely faster than roll. Plus roll puts your back to Belmont and nair being your fastest option hits in the front first. You'd have to turn around, or use the instant aerial reverse tech

Also I believe neutral B sends it back to him not 100% tho. If it does it wouldn't hurt charging neutralB while hes across stage since that will force him to commit to jump or shielding.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I just put that air dash tech into practice on training mode last night and definitely see how it helps. Will slowly but surely make a habit of using it in the future along with parrying/perfect shielding which I was kind of a late bloomer on learning/understanding.

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I just put that air dash tech into practice on training mode last night and definitely see how it helps. Will slowly but surely make a habit of using it in the future along with parrying/perfect shielding which I was kind of a late bloomer on learning/understanding.
Awesome, more people need to see it guess I should probably spam it

Wakko

Smash Rookie
dash shield.

to perform it, dash in any direction, keep the analog stick tilted in that direction and as soon as the running animation started, shield.
Youll move quickly towards it, with practice you can dash perfectshield and walk the stage at blazing speed.
The psychological pressure may bamboozle more than one Belmont

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Ridley beats Belmonts pretty solidly imo. You wanna use a lot of nair, fair, and bair to keep yourself safe from projectiles, approach, catch their jumps, poke at them, and counterhit them. Once you've hit them, string them off-stage then nair or fireball. Rinse and repeat. Be careful of Up-B on the ground bc it'll kill you earlier than you expect. Follow their item throw pattern and work through it.

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Ridley beats Belmonts pretty solidly imo. You wanna use a lot of nair, fair, and bair to keep yourself safe from projectiles, approach, catch their jumps, poke at them, and counterhit them. Once you've hit them, string them off-stage then nair or fireball. Rinse and repeat. Be careful of Up-B on the ground bc it'll kill you earlier than you expect. Follow their item throw pattern and work through it.
Thanks. I have gotten MUCH better as Ridley since I made this (been playing nothing but him and a bit of Wolf) and I am much more confident with his kit.

Top Bottom