• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat Palu?

Fluidity1895

Smash Rookie
Every game I play against Palu, I make one mistake and I get naired to like 60. How do I get it so I don't get in combos that do that much?

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Take advantage of her low reach.

If you're having trouble with her nair, you need to stop being predictable with your landing. Aim for the ledge if it's impossible to land anywhere on the stage.

Silask20

Smash Apprentice
Ok so heres a story for you. I played smash online torny, got to finals against a pro league player using palu (recognized his name) and he beat me. He naired me to like 56 and wasnt falling for my down air baits, he also kept using explosive flame on me mid air and eventually got me (gave him a run for his money tho)

I join the second time around (new tourny) and there he is on the other side again so naturally we both get to finals again and i beat him, heres how.

In the beginning of a match palu will fish for nairs (they can only combo off it at lower percentages) so just know she is coming at u either to grab or nair right away, your forward air reaches further than her nair, bait her to use it and punish her for it. (You can be risky and go for a straight up jump and fire to her face) shes vulnerable after landing for a half second.

Dont bum rush her, you need to run at her and fish for a nair then punish. Eventually they get tired of that so they will resort to grabbing, spot dodge into up B is your friend. Eventually though you will get naired its inevitable so sure eat it but dont give it to them for free and make sure youre spamming your down air the entire time if they slip up its a down air to the face.

If u find her standing under you or fishing for explosive flames while u land try to master the art of fast falling into a command grab (you should be able to grab before youre feet hit the ground) theyre waitin for u to dair or down special so suprise them with then it works every time.

Also force your enemy to recover low and what i mean by this is whenever you get her off stage pressure her and fish for forward airs (dont go to deep) so she has to teleport to the ledge. Predict her recovery and either jump into a command grab (since she will counter assuming youll fair) or use your down B if she recovers at the ledge. She’ll either shield and you break it or u land a good blow.

These worked for me

Top Bottom