• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How do i beat 9.0 classic mode and get good equipment?

Lucoa

Smash Rookie
Hello!
I have been playing a lot of smash recently and I own just about all DLC characters excluding Bayonetta and Ryu. I can beat all 9.0 levels, besides master core. When I make it to master core I just get destroyed. I can make it up to the part when he turns into the group of swords, that's when I usually die. Also, all the gear that I do get to keep, is always midtier gear. Please give me tips on what characters I should play and what I should do. Thank You!

D

Deleted member

Well, for one thing, do not be shy about using equipment. Auto-healer and any equipment that increases attack can really help, but also use defense equipment for better survival. Now, about avoiding the Master Edges attacks:
  • Its attack where it shoots the orbs of energy - anyone with a reflector (eg. :4fox::4pit:) can reflect those. Also the orbs can be absorbed with PSI Magnet or Oil Panic but not when they decide to launch two big ones instead of four smaller ones.
  • The one where the swords briefly follow you - try to get behind them before they release the barrage of slashes (difficult to do since they home in on you). Try to shield this and chances are your shield will get broken (though it is possible to spot dodge before they bring out the power hit).
  • The one where the smaller swords surround the stage - the first four slashes move in a predictable pattern. Time your spot dodges/air dodges well against them. Mistime it, well...it might be lights out since you'll go flying when that big sword comes down on you.
  • The one where it delivers a powerful upswing - you should have seen a flash of light for this one before it attacks. Shield/air dodge/spot dodge or prepare to say "ouch".

Let me tell you, you don't know how good you've got it playing the 3DS version. I have the Wii U version which has the quite formidable Master Fortress after the Master Shadow.

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
just going to copy paste what I said in a similar thread

Side step master giant's (don't know the official names of these things these are just what I call them) slash, it takes a couple times to get the timing down. Time those dodge rolls perfectly when he tries to suck you in with those electric balls. Simply avoid the hands that spawn out of him and you can sidestep that one move that blows you off screen.

For Master Beast just dodge roll whenever he tries anything or jump to the side he was on when he jumps up but make sure that you're able to still react and correct yourself if it was a feint and he lands in the same spot. When he does that pike that comes out of the ground dodge roll, he has a tell if you pay attention. always just do damage and back off against him or do damage from a safe area where you're free to jump in either direction. If you are on the edge of the stage it is key that you know how long it takes him to jump over to where you are. If you aren't confident in that do not jump off stage because he will meteor smash you.

For Master Swords, it is required that you have quick timing. for that one move where he does 5 slashes at you from different directions simply sidestep the first 4 and jump to your right and air dodge the last and most powerful slash but wait for a sec before you jump. when he tries to do that charge multi-slash move get him to follow you to the left and dodge roll right just before he starts the multi slash. For that one move where he just randomly swings... your on your own haven't come up with a solid counter I just randomly shield, air dodge, dodge roll or sidestep that move (always be defensive throughout the whole fight).

Master you, just kick his %@$ he's really easy.

For custom equipment... not necessary, learning Master Core's attacks and how to avoid them are more important, but If you want the fight over faster I suppose Power is the most important thing. The quicker you kill him the less time you have to worry about making a mistake during the battle. Speed should be fine as long as you keep it around normal for most characters. I don't recommend sacrificing too much of your defense unless you are great at dodging.

Lucoa

Smash Rookie
Well, for one thing, do not be shy about using equipment. Auto-healer and any equipment that increases attack can really help, but also use defense equipment for better survival. Now, about avoiding the Master Edges attacks:
  • Its attack where it shoots the orbs of energy - anyone with a reflector (eg. :4fox::4pit:) can reflect those. Also the orbs can be absorbed with PSI Magnet or Oil Panic but not when they decide to launch two big ones instead of four smaller ones.
  • The one where the swords briefly follow you - try to get behind them before they release the barrage of slashes (difficult to do since they home in on you). Try to shield this and chances are your shield will get broken (though it is possible to spot dodge before they bring out the power hit).
  • The one where the smaller swords surround the stage - the first four slashes move in a predictable pattern. Time your spot dodges/air dodges well against them. Mistime it, well...it might be lights out since you'll go flying when that big sword comes down on you.
  • The one where it delivers a powerful upswing - you should have seen a flash of light for this one before it attacks. Shield/air dodge/spot dodge or prepare to say "ouch".

Let me tell you, you don't know how good you've got it playing the 3DS version. I have the Wii U version which has the quite formidable Master Fortress after the Master Shadow.

Sayonara :kirby:
Thank you for the feedback!
I don't have any equipment that autoheals or has special properties, infact that's why im trying to beat 9.0 mode. I don't know how to get good equipment like that. Also, what character should I play thats easy to learn?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I'd suggest playing who you're comfortable with honestly, but Dedede would probably be the easiest. Gordos can get three hits each for massive damage per sideB, and the Armored hammer downB lets you tank attacks rather than dodging them. Ganondorf is also easy for similar reasons (big damage from usmash spam, can armor with Warlock Punch).

Edit: Meant to add some stuff last night, but my internet cut out

For equipment, I stack attack badges, with one being Critical Hitter. Even if your equipment is bad and you can only get ~90 attack or so, critical hits are ridiculously strong and potentially let you kill Master Core forms before they even attack with hard-hitters like Ganondorf. You get a guaranteed Critical Hitter Brawn Badge from getting 300 total KOs in Smash mode.

Phase specific tips:

Against the Hands, jump at Crazy Hand with aerials at the start. If Master Hand slaps, he'll fly under you and they'll both hopefully be dead before they do anything else. Airdodge Master Hand's attack otherwise.

Giant's pretty slow to attack, so reacting shouldn't be the hard part. If you're unsure of how to dodge some of the bigger attacks, jumping offstage puts you out of the range of just about everything.

Beast is "2 attacks at the start and after the facesmash, 1 after anything else. Jump and airdodge away immediately after." You don't need to know what he's actually doing, "jump and airdodge away" works against everything he does.

Considering Sword faces left, it has a hard time attacking to the right, so unless you push it to the right ledge you can run past it to avoid all of its "normal" attacks. When the swords spread out, the middle sword's glow spikes you if you hit it; if you fail to dodge the first four, you can airdodge after bouncing off the ground and avoid the fifth killing blow. Again, offstage is also a pretty safe place for this phase.

The clone phase copies your equipment; since attack equipment lowers your defense, it'll be pretty glass (though the same is true for you). The easiest way to kill it is by trapping its initial landing with a projectile or other long range attack (Corrin fsmash, Warlock Blade, etc). You can hit it as it spawns, but the timing's tough and it's probably not worth trying unless you know it'll work.

Saw you main Corrin, so I recorded a run with her. Couldn't record audio, so...enjoy RPG boss music I guess (it might be loud, sorry). Kinda sloppy (countering Giant's headsmash was a bad idea, I forgot when I could get two hits in vs Beast, and Clone gave me an easy fight despite screwing up the start), but hopefully gives a better idea of what I'm talking about/what to do.

Last edited:

Lucoa

Smash Rookie
I'd suggest playing who you're comfortable with honestly, but Dedede would probably be the easiest. Gordos can get three hits each for massive damage per sideB, and the Armored hammer downB lets you tank attacks rather than dodging them. Ganondorf is also easy for similar reasons (big damage from usmash spam, can armor with Warlock Punch).

Edit: Meant to add some stuff last night, but my internet cut out

For equipment, I stack attack badges, with one being Critical Hitter. Even if your equipment is bad and you can only get ~90 attack or so, critical hits are ridiculously strong and potentially let you kill Master Core forms before they even attack with hard-hitters like Ganondorf. You get a guaranteed Critical Hitter Brawn Badge from getting 300 total KOs in Smash mode.

Phase specific tips:

Against the Hands, jump at Crazy Hand with aerials at the start. If Master Hand slaps, he'll fly under you and they'll both hopefully be dead before they do anything else. Airdodge Master Hand's attack otherwise.

Giant's pretty slow to attack, so reacting shouldn't be the hard part. If you're unsure of how to dodge some of the bigger attacks, jumping offstage puts you out of the range of just about everything.

Beast is "2 attacks at the start and after the facesmash, 1 after anything else. Jump and airdodge away immediately after." You don't need to know what he's actually doing, "jump and airdodge away" works against everything he does.

Considering Sword faces left, it has a hard time attacking to the right, so unless you push it to the right ledge you can run past it to avoid all of its "normal" attacks. When the swords spread out, the middle sword's glow spikes you if you hit it; if you fail to dodge the first four, you can airdodge after bouncing off the ground and avoid the fifth killing blow. Again, offstage is also a pretty safe place for this phase.

The clone phase copies your equipment; since attack equipment lowers your defense, it'll be pretty glass (though the same is true for you). The easiest way to kill it is by trapping its initial landing with a projectile or other long range attack (Corrin fsmash, Warlock Blade, etc). You can hit it as it spawns, but the timing's tough and it's probably not worth trying unless you know it'll work.

Saw you main Corrin, so I recorded a run with her. Couldn't record audio, so...enjoy RPG boss music I guess (it might be loud, sorry). Kinda sloppy (countering Giant's headsmash was a bad idea, I forgot when I could get two hits in vs Beast, and Clone gave me an easy fight despite screwing up the start), but hopefully gives a better idea of what I'm talking about/what to do.
Thank you! what corrin equipment do you have?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Thank you! what corrin equipment do you have?
Same equipment I show in the screenshot. Basically I just pick the two highest attack badges I can, plus a critical hitter.

Lucoa

Smash Rookie
Same equipment I show in the screenshot. Basically I just pick the two highest attack badges I can, plus a critical hitter.
omg, i didnt beat 9.0, but i did get a legendary sword and an immortal banana

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Personally for me, the best way to beat it is to make use of a setup that mitigates as much knockback as possible. Read the AI of any of their bad-habit and try to punish accordingly, though they can be just as ruthless in messing up any ruthless moves of yours, and make use of any reliable items before they do.

You also have to watch out for anything that racks up damage on you too quickly; it's confirmed in that the AI per intensity gets their knockback growth/scaling amped up to massive amounts, so almost anything with notable knockback scaling at a fairly decent percent can kill you if your DI isn't on point.

The AI also cheaply spams Smash DI very well, to the point where they can DI out of practically any neutral infinite.

Top Bottom