• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I approach you jerks as Shiek

Conker534

Smash Rookie
NNID
Conker5344
3DS FC
3265-5060-6330
I've got a friend who is at the same exact level as me in Sm4sh which makes this whole game just even better, but he recently learned this sick technique to spam fireballs for map pressure, he likes to fireball, then shorthop and move towards me, fireball, then fireball back on the ground again, until i'm at the ledge where he has a very strong advantage.

I don't know how to get in and punish him, what should I do to punish him as Shiek?

Colonel_S

Smash Rookie
"How to beat you jerks as Shiek?" :p

Joking aside, some projectiles go through each other (such as Megaman's Forward Smash passing through a few projectiles like Samus's B shot) and I'm fairly certain Shiek's needles can get through the fireballs. You also have a much longer range. If he wants to camp out on half the stage, you could force an approach in that way, although it isn't the most "cool" thing to do.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
A character struggling to approach Luigi? This is a new one.

Anyways, needles are great. Also Sheik is way faster movement wise, one whiffed move from Luigi [even a single shielded fireball] and Sheik will be right next to him.

Conker534

Smash Rookie
NNID
Conker5344
3DS FC
3265-5060-6330
Oh I met the jerks in good fun, I don't think you guys are jerks lol! mb!

Yeah so many camp him out too with my needles.. I was also told in a different thread I can bouncing fish my way in, or power shield my way in..

Thanks you guys!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Fireballs don't have much range, and if he's alternating the height, you can just jump over the low one, crawl under the high one.

Donyoku

Greed
Don't know if I'm late with my response but, when I played a Shiek she was literally every where. I don't she has any problems approaching Luigi, however, I do believe she cannot be careless when she does approach because of our combos. The fireballs can zone her out a little but, she is fast enough in the air and on the ground for that to not really be too much of a problem. Just don't be careless and approaching should be fine since Luigi really can't play the neutral game that long anyways.

Top Bottom