• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do deal with Rosalina as Ness?

pizzarice

Smash Rookie
So now and then I run into Rosalina players online. But im having a tough time finishing them when their in kill range. Normally ide prefer to throw the opponent to their death with my back throw but whenever I try to do this, Luma always smacks me out of the grab. With her also out ranging my bat, this only leaves me with my back air which becomes very predictable, very fast. I can get the damage on her easy with PK fire and air attacks, but scoring the kill is rather hard.

響「Hibiki」

Smash Cadet
I think your biggest issue dealing with Rosalina is gonna be those that can consistently bait out your double jump and then take away your PK Thunder with Gravitational Pull.

In terms of killing her, you should try to get rid of Luma and then go for the grab. You can rack up good damage on Luma with PK Fire, or launch it offstage with a dash attack around the ledge. If you knock Luma up, back-air it out of the air for a sure KO.

Once Luma is gone they will usually play either very defensively and roll a lot (grab them out of that), or try to rush at you with dash attack, as that is her best move when she's without Luma (punish with PK Fire and then grab)

AsteriskRocks

Smash Rookie
Yeah, exactly has Hibiki pointed out. You want to get rid of luma and try not to get gimped by her gravity pull.

Top Bottom