• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How different would Melee be if it had ledge trumping?

spinalwolf

Smash Apprentice
I was playing Ultimate the other day and an interesting thought came to my mind as I thought about how the mechanics in that game compared to Melee. Than I thought about what the Melee meta would look like with ledge trumping being a mechanic instead of edge hogging. For those who aren't aware, ledge Trumping is a mechanic in both Smash 4 and Ultimate that allows the opposing players who's recovering to steal the ledge from the other opposing player while they're hanging on it. This would definitely be a buff to recoveries but would also make edge guarding more interesting I feel. I'm wondering if this would be a positive or negative thing on the game and I'm curious to hear what other Melee people think.

Last edited:

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
The game changes completely when you incorporate the ledge trumping mechanic. In ultimate, I think you can respond to getting ledge trumped with an aerial. In Melee that would make things really interesting.

Top Bottom