• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you come up with your smash tag?

pesticide

Smash Lord
(There's probably already a thread for this but o wellz)

Just kinda curious about the stories of smasher's tags.

I think mine came from randomly thinking of interesting words a long time ago. I've used it for pretty much everything game related now (melee, brawl, halo, forums, etc). Not the most interesting reason ever >.<

I like the reason SAX came up with tho: "your tag's pesticide cuz u exterminate ur opponents right?"

Also cool to think that my olimar pulls up zombie pikmin

:awesome:

So how did every1 else come up with their tags?
:phone:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
I love that avatar. <3 Eu.

My favorite number is seventeen and I like how it's said/spelled in Japanese. My new alt tag is Nisemono because I like how it sounds and... yeah. Fake is cool in Japanese.

Consistent theme, huh?
:phone:

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
TRC stands for "The Red Comet" which is a gundam reference to the character Char Aznable.

Caleb Wolfbrand is a character in my novel series I'm particularly similar to emotionally and stuff and so I did that name change. Planned to go back to TRC but the highmods are ******* and are like derpaderp people were abusing system derp, in fact I'm gonna go check on that now

Renth

Smash Hero
When I was 13 I used this name for random games and it kinda stuck...

At pound 5 Apollo and I discovered you can get the name "Renth" using the letters out of my middle and last name.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Made a custom wrestling character in Wrestlemania 2000 for the n64 and called him SheerMadness.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
A guy in my 7th grade class that messed with me a bunch called me dr peepee when I spilled orange juice on my shorts one day at lunch. I decided I wanted a funny tag because I didn't think I'd be any good at smash so I wanted a way for people to remember who I was and laugh and I remembered that day in 7th grade.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Back when Tracy McGrady was one of the elite players in the NBA, me and a couple of friends deiced to make nicknames for each other in the same fashion as his. McGrady's nickname is T-Mac, the first initial of his first name and the first syllable of his last name. I was eventually nicknamed D-Torr (for David Torres) and it stuck ever since.

chaddd

Smash Lord
A guy in my 7th grade class that messed with me a bunch called me dr peepee when I spilled orange juice on my shorts one day at lunch. I decided I wanted a funny tag because I didn't think I'd be any good at smash so I wanted a way for people to remember who I was and laugh and I remembered that day in 7th grade.
I always thought that you got it from That 70's Show.

There's an episode where Eric says "Yeah. That's right. They called me Dr. Peepee."

Hilarious.

Vts

Smash Champion
VTS stands for Very Tasty Snow

I went out side one year and got a bunch of snow and brought it inside and ate it with some cherry flavor

now the world knows!

most people just make stuff up for it like Very Terrible Smasher

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Couldn't decide on a Main back in like 06

I would play one character per week while deciding

"why do you turn every character into a project?"

done

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If I did this when I was in middle school, I would be called Casper.

Man I was a fool then and took that so insultingly. If I was then who I am now, I'd ****ing roll with that ****. Casper's cool as hell.

Haters gonna hate.

And I came up with my unser name because my real name is Nunzio.

Yeah. Figure that one out on your own.

ReptarBars

Smash Rookie
ReptarBars; I loved reptarbars when I was younger [yes they did exist at one point] That and because "Bars" was my nickname in the 9th grade in NY because whenever my friends got hauled away by truancy officers, I always managed to not be included. I had that much of a way with words; they would just lemme go. So "Bars" because I was never behind em.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
In highschool, a friend of mine made up the word 'ph00tbag' and was trying to make happen online as an insult, and he hit me with it, so I just registered the AIM tag. Then I started using it in tourneys when I started attending.

It's really stuck, and moreso than a lot of smashers, I really identify with the name.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Sinister cause of my diabolical mind and I generally go for the Anti-Hero in games. It just sorta suits me and sounds ballin'. My tag during matches is just the first 3 letters pimped out.

I also go by BeGreen since it's my stagename.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I do not wish to elaborate on Saltix because I hate that name still to this day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Way back in the glorious Halo 2 days I created an Xbox live account, and I needed an account name.

I was drinking a Dr Pepper at the time, and I decided to make that my tag for all game related things onward from that point.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I didn't use a tag in Melee and I was one of those kids that wanted to start fresh with Brawl. I was a vegetarian so I came up with Veggie. Sadly, that didn't fit so I took off the e and viola, ****ty name.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
when i first used luigi back in 04 for melee, I discovered wave dash and thought it was like the coolest thing lol. Not to mention i love mountain dew. wavedash + commercial = success.

The fact that I use dedede in brawl and the name has DDD in it, is pure coincidence lol.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Let's see here.. I created the name Shadow for some reason ever since I was 4 years old, I would play with my plastic shield and wooden sword.. and invent all kinds of imaginary adventure with my first best friend. Eventually, I learned that childhood dreams are usually the true dreams someone would want in life so I decided to go with it... which is why I want to be a warrior. The meaning obviously changed a lot ever since I started with it. Umm.. so then as I was playing smash, eventually I got into anime a lot more and I knew Shadow meant Kage in japanese by watching a lot of them... so since Melee had only 4 letters, I decided to go with Kage instead of Shdw in the beginning. And then Kage the Warrior got formed when I got better and better. =P

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well when I was little, i really liked that stinger car in GTA, so I named myself after it when I was thinking of something to name myself on neopets.

thats me baby

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I used to sleep a lot before class started in high school

my vegan friend was making fun of me

"you're such a tired asian, such an exhausted chink.

Such a sleepy Korean."

my raver friend who generally had no idea where he was
"yooooooooo that's such a cool dj name, dj sleepy k"

xboxlive aim etc

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
I love telling this story ^.^

well i was hangin out with my buddy tad in like 5th grade, and he was staying over for dinner, tad said the steak was yummy and my mom was saying that antonio banderas (or someone like that idr) was beefy but the real reason tad came over is because he wanted to get me started on runescape, and we were laughing at what was went on downstairs so then i was like yummybeefy? and tad was like "no that makes no sence you have to have a conjunction" unfortunately runescape usernames at the time could only have 12 characters and yummybeefy was already 10, in place of using something long and unnecessary so we just decided on something simple, the letter n

the rest they say, is history

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
blea cause my fav pokemon is blastoise, and my favorite bassist player is flea, so i mixed it up
and gelo cause my name is MichelanGELO
das it

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
my name is short for

Grand Duke Michael of Asturias III
lol. ok

Many years ago before I had the nick name I have today, I actually used to have a tag name by the name of "X" given to me by Deadly Alliance's former Leader, Rockman(Kamaal). We were playing a Match and he wanted to record it and then he asked me what are you going to name on your tag. I told him I didn't have one, so he said from that day on, My tag was "X" which stood for Smasher X(inspired by his love for megaman x series) The tag name "Mike G" was being used before that but it was only for tournament brackets back in those those days. Smashers like Wes and Dave were listed as "Antoine H" or "David C" Just to identify the people better for the host. After winning my first state tourney, BIN3(Best in NY) ,the name "Mike G" pretty much stuck with me because by that time, it was posted on smash boards and everyone outside of that area just knew me as Mike G, that dude that won BIN3.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Everyone remembers the Coca Cola commercials with the Polar Bears right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIk7Q_DJIgQ
Refreshal.

So I used to go by the user name -: Trey :- because it was my middle name, and at the time I liked keyblades ( -: )<--- No, it wasn't a ****.

But I got tired of using my name, so I go the idea while using the monochrome Kirby one day. It reminded me of a Koala for some weird reason. Which made me remember the old Cola commercials.

Thus

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad239/kattcute20/baby_koala_yawn.jpg
+
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/gvjilly12/Coca-Cola.jpg
=
Kola

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol. ok

Many years ago before I had the nick name I have today, I actually used to have a tag name by the name of "X" given to me by Deadly Alliance's former Leader, Rockman(Kamaal). We were playing a Match and he wanted to record it and then he asked me what are you going to name on your tag. I told him I didn't have one, so he said from that day on, My tag was "X" which stood for Smasher X(inspired by his love for megaman x series) The tag name "Mike G" was being used before that but it was only for tournament brackets back in those those days. Smashers like Wes and Dave were listed as "Antoine H" or "David C" Just to identify the people better for the host. After winning my first state tourney, BIN3(Best in NY) ,the name "Mike G" pretty much stuck with me because by that time, it was posted on smash boards and everyone outside of that area just knew me as Mike G, that dude that won BIN3.
wow, a much more exciting story than i thought.

i figured it'd be ":dazwa:"

but there's a backstory.

yo mike when we gon hang a nd play SOM

Top Bottom