• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Could the Above Poster Improve Their Avatar

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Pretty self-explanatory. Put how you think the above poster could improve/pick a better avatar. Remember this is just your opinion.
This is a thread for advice, so PLEASE no hurt feelings. If you post here then obviously you want their opinions. Also put if you like the avatar or not. Maybe scale from 1-10

EDIT: Also, PLEASE no rudeness! Thanks!

Last edited:

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Glasses should be moved a bit to the left. Or maybe it's just the perspective. But other than that, it's fantastic.

Last edited:

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Maybe make the background a different color.
It's about a 9/10 though

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Make your avatar fill up more of the box. There's a looot of empty/wasted space.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmmmmm.... maybe try changing the background around the villager? That one looks pretty good tbh.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Seem to like the background color, I couldn't get a good and different area in my village. Thanks for suggesting that. 9/10 on your picture. I think a orange outfit instead of a red would look nice.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Went ahead and did some of you guy's avatars from scratch with some other enhancements. Enjoy.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54

LeifEriksson LeifEriksson

Cool Trainer Ace Cool Trainer Ace

ZafKiel ZafKiel
Your avatar in particular was the one I worked the most on, hope you enjoy it!
Shades version

No shades version
Thanks! The new one is cropped much better, and is a lot more high quality. So... I'm using it now. :D

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Went ahead and did some of you guy's avatars from scratch with some other enhancements. Enjoy.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54

LeifEriksson LeifEriksson

Cool Trainer Ace Cool Trainer Ace

ZafKiel ZafKiel
Your avatar in particular was the one I worked the most on, hope you enjoy it!
Shades version

No shades version
Your work here is outstanding. I love your changes. Even is some of them are only cropped, they look like they are in higher quality.

D

Deleted member

Your work here is outstanding. I love your changes. Even is some of them are only cropped, they look like they are in higher quality.
Thank you. I essentially search for the most uncompressed image I can find, and use various image editors depending on what I'm doing as well as throw it into a image processor to smooth the image up. I use MS Paint, Paint.net, Gimp and Photoshop (Photoshop is only to remove backgrounds).

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Thank you. I essentially search for the most uncompressed image I can find, and use various image editors depending on what I'm doing as well as throw it into a image processor to smooth the image up. I use MS Paint, Paint.net, Gimp and Photoshop (Photoshop is only to remove backgrounds).
I see... I really only use photoshop for editing images. I should look into Paint.net and Gimp.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Make Wild World HD and re-take the picture so you can get a better resolution for the in-game model.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Your profile pic's resolution is too high. You need to upload an image with a resolution of 25x25, max.

EDIT: Also, I updated my profile pic with cropping, upscaling for better resolution, and transparencies. Is it better now?

Last edited:

Whiz

Smash Rookie
Frankly I can't really think how to improve it. :(
Does that count against the rules of the thread?

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Not using the pic I changed for ya? Well then.

Edit for post below:

Game&Watcher Game&Watcher I did use the snipping tool while playing the game on Desmume.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Make a muppet using your current profile pic for reference, then upload a picture of the muppet.

smashfan666

Smash Cadet
NNID
NobelSmashington
3DS FC
2981-8328-3883
i can only think to make the light blue of the wings match quilava's dark blue upper half. other than that, it's pretty solid already.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Hmm...

Honestly, I think different artwork of Springtrap would be a little bit better.

Top Bottom