• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I take Smash less seriously?

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
Hi! This is my first actual thread, and it's about something that affects me to the point that I can't really enjoy Ultimate, unless I'm fighting people I can confidently beat.
The issue I'm having is that after playing a challenging match, whether online or in person, I start getting this "pins-and-needles" type of sensation. It builds up in my chest, and the more I play, I feel it more and more in my neck and in my hands. It totally bars me from being precise with my inputs, and it doesn't go away until I leave the game alone for a solid 10 minutes. I can rule out tight-fitting clothing, and I don't have any major health issues, so it has to be that I'm simply straining myself. This is only happening in matches where I feel as though I'm being challenged, so it's essentially happening whenever I'm focused. I haven't found anybody else with this issue, but what are some ideas I could employ to stop taking every match so seriously, or at least stop straining my hands and arms?

TLDR; When I'm too focused, I can't play. What can I employ to take my matches less seriously?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Remember that it's just a game. Unless you're in a tournament that involves money or some other prize, there is literally nothing on the line if you win or lose. If you completely demolish the opponent or make a fool of yourself, the opponent will most likely forget about the match after like 1 minute.

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
with the im not a dr disclaimer sounds like anxiety to me a psychologist would be able to diagnose better and provide you with options.

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Play a character you know you're lousy at or just for fun. If you already aren't taking it seriously to begin with, you'll take embarrassing losses with a lot more stride.

Top Bottom