• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how can i improve my spacing for marth

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Hey man next time post your question here : http://smashboards.com/threads/ask-...a-quick-answer-the-marth-faqs.188570/page-273

As for practicing spacing, something that helped me out in specific was setting a CPU on walk mode on FD and just trying to tipper every fair,nair,dtilt and ftilt which is amazing when people are at the ledge as well as a good pressuring tool when someone is on a platform like BF. You can also just set the cpu to do nothing it will also work, its just that when its moving it will give you a more realistic feel to when you are vs a human player. Also when you break someone's shield with the very tip you should be able to charge a dsmash and it should tipper without having to move from the position in which you broke his shield from I believe fsmash also tippers without having to move smash attacks are the easiest to get your spacing down on imo. Upair spacing and uptilt are easy once you understand their arc, this one i got decent at from playing against so many snake players and following up out of upthrows which btw are godlike.

You might also benefit from reading this: http://smashboards.com/threads/zoning-spacing-and-other-fundamentals.302678/

chococrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
chococrow
Hey man next time post your question here : http://smashboards.com/threads/ask-...a-quick-answer-the-marth-faqs.188570/page-273

As for practicing spacing, something that helped me out in specific was setting a CPU on walk mode on FD and just trying to tipper every fair,nair,dtilt and ftilt which is amazing when people are at the ledge as well as a good pressuring tool when someone is on a platform like BF. You can also just set the cpu to do nothing it will also work, its just that when its moving it will give you a more realistic feel to when you are vs a human player. Also when you break someone's shield with the very tip you should be able to charge a dsmash and it should tipper without having to move from the position in which you broke his shield from I believe fsmash also tippers without having to move smash attacks are the easiest to get your spacing down on imo. Upair spacing and uptilt are easy once you understand their arc, this one i got decent at from playing against so many snake players and following up out of upthrows which btw are godlike.

You might also benefit from reading this: http://smashboards.com/threads/zoning-spacing-and-other-fundamentals.302678/
Thank you. Sorry for not posting on the question thread i still dont really know how things work around here. Btw are the peace7 that made the higgs brawl combo video

ZeroPixelHitbox

Smash Cadet
Agreeing with PEACE7 here. Start on Lv9 Training run walk, and then switch to a Lv9 runner. Tip errythang.

OHOH and retroactively try to do 1-hit hits. don't flail the sword around. When you land, try to L-cancel as well.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Agreeing with PEACE7 here. Start on Lv9 Training run walk, and then switch to a Lv9 runner. Tip errythang.

OHOH and retroactively try to do 1-hit hits. don't flail the sword around. When you land, try to L-cancel as well.
L cancel? Are you sure you're posting in the right game thread? XD

chococrow

Smash Cadet
NNID
chococrow
Yes sir that's me
dude your video is what inspired me to get better and ask on how to improve my marth. your video opened a whole new world of possibilities with marth. thank you so much for making that video. my brother and i were watching it and he is a zss main and he wanted to know how to go through smashville like in your video with zss because hes been trying for hours but cant get it right, any tips?

PEACE7

Smash Champion
dude your video is what inspired me to get better and ask on how to improve my marth. your video opened a whole new world of possibilities with marth. thank you so much for making that video. my brother and i were watching it and he is a zss main and he wanted to know how to go through smashville like in your video with zss because hes been trying for hours but cant get it right, any tips?
Oh wow man that makes me feel very happy! I really appreciate the kind words and i am glad you are inspired to further your gameplay and improve. As for the ZSS (Pushing Through) glitch, its fairly easy once you understand how it works, you simply drop off, upB make sure you are under the stage far enough in so that it doesn't go for the ledge and double jump from there you have countless amount of options which you can choose from depending on your playstyle like downb to land back onstage, bair and a bunch of reversals just be creative.

Top Bottom