• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I hit nair out of Witch Twist 1?

-Grimm-

Smash Rookie
The title sounds more simple than the problem I'm having is. I'm proficient at doing like 99% of my witch twist and abk confirms, but for some reason this one is extremely inconsistent. I see players like Salem using it all the time to finish off a stock and I'd like to have it as an option.

When I do it, I either start the jump too late or misspace the hitbox so it still doesn't hit anyways. Is this confirm DI/hitbox placement dependent, or am I just too slow with my input? Any recommendations on fixing this?

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for being late, but I'll see what I can do. I have it about 100% consistent, and it helps to use cstick nair and trigger jump so you can do them at the same time. If you can do WTw fair it's the same timing, but certain SDI's and chars fall out if it more easily.

-Grimm-

Smash Rookie
Sorry for being late, but I'll see what I can do. I have it about 100% consistent, and it helps to use cstick nair and trigger jump so you can do them at the same time. If you can do WTw fair it's the same timing, but certain SDI's and chars fall out if it more easily.
How do you recommend efficiently getting the C-stick nair? I haven't really done it intentionally before, so i don't know what works best. Any notch in particular that you prefer using?

Flamegeyser

Smash Journeyman
How do you recommend efficiently getting the C-stick nair? I haven't really done it intentionally before, so i don't know what works best. Any notch in particular that you prefer using?
I can only tell you what works for me but sure. I claw my right hand a little (bring my right index finger to curved roughly with the contours directly in front of the R trigger and above the x and y buttons) and push the cstick up-right for the nair. I do it this way on both sides and so long as you buffer the jump and find a cstick that works for you you can move and do the nair at the same time, increasing the chance of success.

Top Bottom