• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I get rid of freefall entirely, and make a character take damage when using a move?

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
So, I was able to fix that game breaking glitch I had, and I was busy modding away. When I got to Sheik, I wanted to make Sheik's recovery terrible, not going far and dealing 1% every use, but you could use it out of Freefall. One thing though: I don't know how to give self-damage or get rid of freefall entirely. How do I do either of those?
This is with Crazy Hand 1.31.

The Cape

Smash Master
For Self Damage, there is a set of code in Crazy Hand already. Go to Pichu and look at many of his electric attacks to see how it is enabled.

The Cape

Smash Master
Freefall = Special Fall?

If so, under Move Logic, find a move that goes into normal fall in the air and copy the flags from "animation interrupt" to Sheik's UpB finish

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
Freefall = Special Fall?

If so, under Move Logic, find a move that goes into normal fall in the air and copy the flags from "animation interrupt" to Sheik's UpB finish
Ok. One more question for this. I did find the Pichu Self-Damage subaction in the attacks, but I have no clue how to add new subactions to a move.

Greenme23 ( Turkey )

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilverLightAngel
Freefall = Special Fall?

* sigh * and another thing. I can't tell the difference between Normal Aerials and Special moves in the air on the Move Logic place. All of them Start with Special and have something to do with Air and any of these letters: N, S, U, D. All of those correspond to Specials in the air. There are no F and Bs in this area.

The Cape

Smash Master
* sigh * and another thing. I can't tell the difference between Normal Aerials and Special moves in the air on the Move Logic place. All of them Start with Special and have something to do with Air and any of these letters: N, S, U, D. All of those correspond to Specials in the air. There are no F and Bs in this area.
Neutral
Side
Up
Down

There is no forward or backward specials.

jjhoho

Smash Rookie
To add self damage to shieks up-b, youd either need to replace something already in the move with the self damage event, or add more space to the subaction, as Punkline outlines here.

As to your other question, normal Aerials (bair, fair, uair etc.) usually don't have move logic. The move logic table tends to be reserved for specials and other weird stuff. So for what you wanna do, you'd wanna be editing SpecialHi and SpecialAirHi's animation interrupt logic (I believe, unless it's split into multiple parts, then you want the last part obviously :p). The other way you could do this would be to replace specially with another state using Tata's interrupt changer, but that would make a global change, not just to sheik.

Also sorry, i read your other thread first, didn't see that you'd fixed your game crashing :p oh well

Top Bottom