• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Can I Get Into Competitive Smash?

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Title says it all. I would think just go to tournaments, but the problem with that is that I live in an area that only hosts one con with a tournament per year. Also, what defines a competitive player in Smash?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Try to find a venue or if you are comfortable enough, use your house as a venue. Try to find a Facebook or discord page in your area for smashers. If there are none, then make one yourself and advertise a lot.

There is an alex valle interview floating around the internet or youtube and some by others in the fgc community. If you find them it should help you staer your local. Try searching up his name with "how to build/start a scene/community".

As for a competitive smash player, in the general sense you already one. You use this website and you are looking to start a scene and possibly get better. To many people not aware of competitive videogames, you already fit that category to them so you are fine.

Now if you are asking for advice on how to better yourself as a player that is a different question.

Nani?

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4613-7779-1616
Switch FC
SW 2020-9361-5549
Try to find a venue or if you are comfortable enough, use your house as a venue. Try to find a Facebook or discord page in your area for smashers. If there are none, then make one yourself and advertise a lot.

There is an alex valle interview floating around the internet or youtube and some by others in the fgc community. If you find them it should help you staer your local. Try searching up his name with "how to build/start a scene/community".

As for a competitive smash player, in the general sense you already one. You use this website and you are looking to start a scene and possibly get better. To many people not aware of competitive videogames, you already fit that category to them so you are fine.

Now if you are asking for advice on how to better yourself as a player that is a different question.
Thanks! I am trying to improve as a player, but your advice was very helpful. (Love that profile pic. :p)

Top Bottom