• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can I double soft hit uair

Noscaj

Smash Rookie
heres the vod where west does it

combo starts at 3:30 and he hits two uair shines

toph talks about it more starting at 4:08

I would really like to learn how to do this and i think others should as well to further optimize falco's punish

EDIT: the ones at 3:30 are single hit, the one at 4:08 is double soft

Last edited:

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
you need to delay the upair so that the first hitbox hits the enemy really close to the ground and the second (stronger) hitbox never comes out

Last edited:

Oskurito

Smash Lord
That's not double soft hit uair. That's just single hit uair. Just do a late up air, practice shine then single hit up air (suair) repeateadly on fox/falco.

While comboing I find that is better that your target is about 1 character away above you at most (like 1 falco body away). Otherwise if they're further above your uptilt/shine wont connect and most of the times they can just jump out of it.

Is worth noting that single hit up air (suair) is only a combo when done fast enough and followed by shine. I'm not sure if Suair -> uptilt is a combo, that 5 frame start up might be enough for you opponent to jump out, specially if you aren't frame perfect or close, as opposed to shine wich hits on frame 1. Also, Suair can be avoided via SDI, and like I said, you can also jump out if it hasn't been executed cleanly.

Top Bottom