• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how beat crouch cancel

Bacon&Eggs

Smash Cadet
in my Pichu adventures I have been absolutely trumped by the dreaded crouch cancel, particularly on Peach and Sheik

against Peach I feel like I have absolutely 0 options because anything I do gets cc dsmashed!!! If I try to cross up it usually doesn't work because I still do not go far enough or I get dsmashed before I even jump because I am trying to start it up closer to be able to effectively cross up. either that or I just get dsmashed while I am in the process of hitting her with nair cause cc is lame and the hitbox still reaches me

pretty much against Peach I feel like in I either lose exchanges or I tie (trade hits), I can never win

what I have taken to trying to do is punish with grabs instead of nair but that is hard against lame o dsmash happy peaches, or I try and wait for her to float and then try and nair her then (which is hard cause her lame aerials have so much priority). another thing I have tried to do is wait for them to start throwing lame o vegetables and to catch em and throw em back (cause thunder jolt is too easy to avoid [AND IT FREAKIN DAMAGES PICHU]) but a) that is hard and b) pichu's item throw is dumb and slow

is this MU just impossible??? does anyone have any tips? thanks!

ALSO what stage is good against this stupid princess *****? usually I go to dreamland as Pichu but I feel like I cannot kill her for **** there!

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
stadium for peach. lower ceiling and room to run around.

you can't get around CC, you have to either bit down smashes and retaliate or make the other person move. up air will break it at around 35% if you can land it.

you could also maybe tomohawk headbutt but you could get hit after that anyway.

CC is terrible against ice climbers and samus too. or anybody, really. spacies shine, marios and luigi down smash, sheik anything. well, marth is an exception at least, and a bunch of low/mid tiers.

Last edited:

PsychoSoldier

Smash Cadet
I've always FFLcancel nair'd into shield > grab/roll OOS or jab ddepending on the character. Doesnt always work but your opponent is human. They'll react 2 or 3 frames late most of the time so spamming jab upon landing or jumping again (over CC'd move) and using a falling Uair sometimes works. I use Bair against Peach and floaties so they will have enough hitstun for me to connect another hit without them being sent very far (like with nair/dair/uair).

And if all else fail's: stop approaching. Most Pichu mains (only the 9 i know haha) have the habit of constantly approaching. You have a projectile that's very usable. Utilize it with Pichu's dash dance - which is great compared to most of the cast. Just trick them into committing (or even thinking about committing) and it will at least throw their plan off. At that point you should decide what's the best move.

Bacon&Eggs

Smash Cadet
Okay so idk if anyone cares anymore but I thought I would share my developments with these problems. I took the advice of PsychoSoldier and decided to just spam thunder jolt at the ****head peaches!!! Even though you take damage you are gonna die in 1 hit anyway so you might as well just spam it, also thunder jolt does quite a lot of damage so it can rack up pretty easy

eventually ****head peach will get impatient and start trying to approach you/forget to cc, if you can get in at least one nair without them crouch canceling then you can chain a lot of aerials together for big damage before they touch the ground (but you need fast thumbs to do them quick enough!!!)

I had a big problem with ****head peach floating around like a lil ***** and just waiting for me to approach so they could nair my face, and even if I didn't approach then they would just slowly advance and corner me. I have now found that the most guaranteed option against this is to just uair because it will usually work and you avoid the nair hitbox when coming from below. It doesn't do much in the way of percent but in this stupid ass matchup you gotta take what you can get! Hitting them with puny up air for 3% is much better than getting hit by nair

as for sheik I haven't really had the opportunity to play the matchup so idk, I assume it still sucks ballz

in any case I think PsychoSoldier was definitely correct in saying to just use thunder jolt and dash dance against ****head crouch canceleres, hopefully you will be more patient than them and you can pull out the win!!!

PsychoSoldier

Smash Cadet
Okay so idk if anyone cares anymore but I thought I would share my developments with these problems. I took the advice of PsychoSoldier and decided to just spam thunder jolt at the ****head peaches!!! Even though you take damage you are gonna die in 1 hit anyway so you might as well just spam it, also thunder jolt does quite a lot of damage so it can rack up pretty easy

eventually ****head peach will get impatient and start trying to approach you/forget to cc, if you can get in at least one nair without them crouch canceling then you can chain a lot of aerials together for big damage before they touch the ground (but you need fast thumbs to do them quick enough!!!)

I had a big problem with ****head peach floating around like a lil ***** and just waiting for me to approach so they could nair my face, and even if I didn't approach then they would just slowly advance and corner me. I have now found that the most guaranteed option against this is to just uair because it will usually work and you avoid the nair hitbox when coming from below. It doesn't do much in the way of percent but in this stupid *** matchup you gotta take what you can get! Hitting them with puny up air for 3% is much better than getting hit by nair

as for sheik I haven't really had the opportunity to play the matchup so idk, I assume it still sucks ballz

in any case I think PsychoSoldier was definitely correct in saying to just use thunder jolt and dash dance against ****head crouch canceleres, hopefully you will be more patient than them and you can pull out the win!!!
Glad to hear you broke through. As it turns out Uair can break even Ganondorfs CC at 36%. As soon as I started using Uair for CC I nearly beat a PR player in my state. I still have to work on not falling for baits though

the muted smasher

Smash Journeyman
Answer to nearly every player problem is nair better and yes that is the answer to all future questions too.

Dair breaks cc about 15% early and they'll be forced to slow get up from the ground hit. 50-60% is messes up peach.

Grabs/f-smash

Nair buffer spot dodge/shield I mean it's got a 6 frame L cancel even if peach was only in 3 frames of stun You could still shield punish the D smash.

Cross ups

Pichu has the best empty in the game so You could just pull back and not nair or 2nd jump back dair/jolt when they do D smash/whatever

There are a bunch of answers even to the the really stupid use of cc like walk up shield wd back cc as luigi

Top Bottom