• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Balancing Should Work

Birdygamer

Smash Cadet
I created this spreadsheet in Excel in which I turn all the characters placements into precentiles. Then once I get everyone's percentile average through averaging their placement percentiles, I see which ones should be nerfed, buffed or are all good. Here's my key:

Yellow - Debut in 64
Purple - Debut in Melee
Blue - Debut in Brawl
Red - Debut in WiiU/3DS

B+ - Huge buff
B- - Minor buff
G- Good
N- Minor nerf
N+ - Huge nerf

Attachments

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
The only thing I can really think of buffing for Shulk is for the opponent to not be able to block/dodge counter. Other than that he's great in SSBU

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The only thing I can really think of buffing for Shulk is for the opponent to not be able to block/dodge counter. Other than that he's great in SSBU
The only problem with doing that is the fact that if your fighter enters an intangible state, he/she will be affected by intangible piercing hitboxes, regardless of whether or not he/she is invincible (via the Super Star). This wouldn't be an issue if a fighter can be invincible AND intangible at the same time, but it's not possible to do both.

Last edited:

Mischiiii

Smash Apprentice
i respect your effort but I’m afraid that this will never be picked up by Nintendo. They won’t look at tournaments and nerf/buff according to the results.

It will always be mostly based on their feelings and online percentages.

Top Bottom