• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How annoying is the above person's main Ultimate edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
...That's it, the game's over? Honestly, I didn't even see what hit him... or what hit me... (Greninja vs Pikachu is already one of the most volatile matchups in the game, and Pichu is an even lighter, slightly stronger Pikachu...).

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Greninja is nothing to my projectile fighters. Not really annoying. Ike might struggle a bit though.

:ultsnake::ultrichter::ultike:

Last edited:

Nutty Sponge

Smash Apprentice
due to a sh*tty online system that won't allow me to consistently 1v1 in competitive settings anywhere, i can only definitively say how annoying these three were in sm4sh, but that won't stop me from making an educated guess about them in ultimate.

yoshi was a pain in the neck to deal with in sm4sh. major buffs stacked on top of an increased pace in the game would probably equal to him being one of the most annoying characters to deal with. it isn't easy for me to out space him. pac-man was bad in sm4sh and never posed a threat if i saw either of them on for glory. i know a pac-man main in real life who gets good results at locals in ultimate, but either pac-man still isn't anything significant in comparison to ness, or i am a better player by far. i don't know the current state of palutena in ultimate because i have never seen her in action, but she was in the same position as pac-man on for glory.

anyways, you can probably figure out who my solo main is.
I see, you're one of the people that are extremely petty about the online system.

Snake is the only bad MU for Shulk that I know of, such a frustrating character to fight..

Last edited:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
OH NOT ANOTHER SHULK. I bet he's not even gonna use his arts and he's gonna spam Bair that for whatever F* reason it has a massive hitbox in FRONT of him and not even close to enough endlag to punish it... Oh wait. THANK YOU SAKURAI.

G&W

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh look, another character who's obscenely good at everything. Time to hold this L, I guess.
b-but he has bad recovery!!

:ultkingdedede:

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
king dedede meant nothing in sm4sh, so my ness often obliterated him hard, but i have never played a 1v1 against king dedede in ultimate yet, so i can't accurately vouch for that game.
I see, you're one of the people that are extremely petty about the online system.

Snake is the only bad MU for Shulk that I know of, such a frustrating character to fight..
to put it lightly, this is what happens to me in just under 75% of my battles (just the first 40 seconds in the video). of the remaining 25% where i get the 1v1 i desperately want, less than half of them are even remotely close to being a competitively viable rule set. it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I'll assume Pit. Pit mains aren't annoying in the slightest. The only thing that can be slightly annoying is arrow spam, but that's avoidable especially with Snake's crouch who can duck under most weaker projectiles and crawl back and forth to throw them off if they're trying to angle it down.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I use to be an Ike main, Ike use to be just honest and fair, now he became one of the most disliked swordsmen in Smash. His infamous nair made me turn my back on the guy I once held the deepest respects for.

:ultpokemontrainer::ultpit::ultdarkpit:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Pit mains are the type of people to sit back and spam arrows in a free-for-all, and when someone tries taking the fight to them, they just roll to the other side of the stage like a common roll-n-smash Smash 4 player. And the worst part is, those players get absolutely carried by Pit's low skill floor and ludicrous disjoints and multihits. Yet people still hold this character on a pedestal as a paragon of fairness and honesty, presumably just because he's never been top tier. He's consistently one of the least fun to play as and against, in my book.

:ultmewtwo:

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
The only Mewtwo mains I see are ones dedicated to him as a character outside of Smash. I don't see him often in this game. Most of his kit isn't as annoying, but his Side Special is extremely annoying to deal with when I'm playing Richter due to its reflector properties. Same with Snake to a lesser extent because Grenades can still hit the individual who threw/reflected it, and C4 isn't a projectile.

BEASTMASTERTOAD

Smash Cadet
NNID
BEASTMASTERTOAD
:ultsnake:: Great, now I have to shoot around grenads and Nikki missiles while avoiding utilts and grabs. But other than that, not too bad, since I can zone him if he chooses to resort to grenade spam.
:ultrichter:: Very annoying/10. To be honest, I need more experience against good Belmonts. Most of the bad ones are a chore because their strategy is a foregone conclusion. The few good ones I’ve faced make me wish all they did was run away and toss things.
:ultike:: Aerial hell. Doesn’t help that Samus’ aerials are slower, demanding me to predict when he’ll jump before he gets his aerial off. Doable, just tedious.

Inb4 Spamus :ultdarksamus:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Actually, there are two kinds of Samus players. The ones that use her entire toolkit and the ones that only spam projectiles at you.
The Spamus are really easy to deal with. They shoot projectiles in a very predictable fashion so it's obvious when to use a reflect. But even then it's quite easy to approach her.
Then there are the ones that use zAir and "litter" to stage with bombs which is a really good ledgetrapping tool. They also don't shoot projectiles willy-nilly but try to bait or do a bomb set-up with charge shot. These Samus are rather fun to play but it can get tiring after only a few matches.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Oh hey, a Zelda, this shouldn't be too hard-
>Zelda presses :GCB:

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Ze Diglett Ze Diglett
Gave an answer to this before, but I have since then seen tons of Mewtwo players online for some reason. I guess it's a GSP thing, but they were either really good or really bad at the game. There seemed to be no middle ground, and no matches that ended with the winner having only one stock left.

B BEASTMASTERTOAD
Never an issue for any of my mains in a 1v1. If I am unfortunate enough to get dragged into a free for all and at least one Zelda exists, my Snake and Richter will most certainly take last place, while my Ike still has a chance.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:ultsnake: Grenades. C4s. More grenades. More C4s.
:ultrichter: Roll, roll. "Take this!" Roll, roll. "Take this!"
:ultike: Can't think of anything.

Take a pick from my signature.

BuckTooth

Smash Rookie
I’d consider my play style big on projectile spam. I remember getting 3-stocked by the best Rosalina I ever encountered. Her spacing was top-notch, and she made heavy use of her down-b. She totally obsoleted me. It was frustrating because she made it look so easy ... and her move set in general has a certain annoyingly elegant look to it, making me feel like she was toying with me, though she didn’t use any taunts or disrespect me in any way.

Isabelle and Wendy

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
Isabelle is SO DAMN ANNOYING TO FIGHT AGAINST!!! Too gimmicky of a character, and most just spam their slingshots -_-

I haven't against that many Bowser Jrs., so Wendy I'm ok with.

Now for my mains and secondaries:
Mains: :ultike: :ultkingdedede:

Secondaries: :ultganondorf: :ultbowser: :ultchrom:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Ooh, an Ike, this shouldn't be too hard as long as I play patiently aaand I just got nicked by Fsmash at 40 and died.

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
I don't see much :ultdarkpit:s online, but whenever I encounter one, some would just spam arrows and their super-armored side B. Other than that, not too annoying to deal with.

Let's have the new kid on the block next.

:ulthero:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
These guys aren't so bad to fight but JESUS CHRIST on a pogo stick they kill fast. You thought Ganon's power was ridiculous? You can die at 40 or 50% from their Side-B, so if you die early you're gonna have to put in a lot of work to gain equal footing.

:ultmario:

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Mario’s okay I guess, but those fireballs get pretty annoying

:ultwiifittrainer:

Last edited:

GhostM

Phantom
Wii Fit Trainer isn’t really that annoying, but I guess it could be especially when she uses the soccer ball against you offstage. She used to have a tech where stages with slants could be used with the soccer ball to clip and hit people through the stage, though I don’t think you can do it anymore.

:ultfalcon:

Vistra31

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vistra9000
3DS FC
4038-6222-6181
Switch FC
SW-2087-0604-7226
Not annoying at all unless you try to approach an aerial Falcon kick. Other than that I'd get annoyed when they constantly falcon dive.

:ultridley:

Vistra31

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vistra9000
3DS FC
4038-6222-6181
Switch FC
SW-2087-0604-7226
Why does his shield have to be an egg and I can never tell when it's going to be depleted? He clearly takes no skill if he is unlocked from the start.

:ultpit:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
The most honest character around. Nair to nair to nair. Honest. Gimping with arrows at 20%, honest. The side-b that sometimes has super armor and sometimes doesn't. Honest.

:ultbayonetta1:

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Nowhere near as annoying as the last game. Her neutral isn't as good this time around and ladder combos are nowhere near as threatening if you can pull one off.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I hate G&W's Up B. It's hard to approach when they'll just leap in the air and let bombs fall.
:ultlucario:

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Gonna assume it's :ultmario: going by the postbit.

Mario mains aren't that annoying in this game, unless they're the kind that constantly fishes for offstage Fair spikes and invariably taunt whenever they manage to land one. Whoopee, you landed one of the most generous spike hitboxes in the game, we're all very proud of you...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Gonna assume it's :ultmario: going by the postbit.

Mario mains aren't that annoying in this game, unless they're the kind that constantly fishes for offstage Fair spikes and invariably taunt whenever they manage to land one. Whoopee, you landed one of the most generous spike hitboxes in the game, we're all very proud of you...

Mewtwo's not too troublesome, although the range on his tail makes me the least sympathetic for it having a hurtbox. If anything, that's one good thing I think the developers got right in SSBU. I understand most would disagree with me, and that's fine. Other than that, Mewtwo isn't really that annoying.

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus:

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
Well, well, if it isn't Ms. Charge Shot herself. Honestly, almost ALL the samuses I come across online just make a beeline towards the ledge and camp there charging their DAMNED charge shots. Not to mention that ridiculous grab range, and most just camp near the left or right side of a walk-off stage to back-throw you into the blastzone. Not fun at all to play against -_-

Let's do a new one:

:ultrosalina:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I don't know how to fight this guy at all, and the people I run into that use Kirby use him good.
:ultryu:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
One of the few characters where I have absolutely no issues with at all. Takes a fair amount of practice to be good with so I never get mad when I lose to one.
:ultwario:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
"WHA!!!!"

I honestly love fighting Wario. Good ones can be a serious pain in the buttocks but it's a fun fight, even if waft can get me salty (And stinky). Part of the match up. Bait the fart.

:ultpacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom