• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about a Longshot? (no, not the one from the Water Temple)

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
is there a character you'd love to see, but while they're not impossible you know they're not exactly likely? for the sake of minimizing headaches and arguments, i'm restricting it to either first party or already-represented guest series (like Sonic or Street Fighter).

for me it's Genesect. its backstory parallels Mewtwo's in a lot of ways and i thought it would be cool to see them both get in. but if Unova was gonna get any love it would have happened last game, and there were several more popular options like Zoroark anyway. i'd still love to see it happen, but i'm not holding my breath.

get it? because the Longshot was an item in Zelda, but it's also a word that means- ah whatever, just answer the question

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I suppose Isaac could fill that bill. Poor guy got his AT removed and didn't even get a regular trophy, but it'd be awesome if he somehow made it in.
Susie Haltmann from Kirby Planet Robobot ia another pipedream character of mine. Out of all of the one-off Kirby characters that would be ****ing amazing in Smash but won't get in before Bandana Dee (not hating on the guy, in fact he's my 2nd most wanted), she's the one I find the most interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Irrelevant Zelda one-off characters like Skull Kid, Midna, and Ghirahim. Also, Darkrai and N from Pokemon.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight. With most retro characters you see at least some support on here, but Sukapon is pretty dead, and not having any support just makes his chances worse.

Although, my most wanted newcomer is Prince Sable, who is also a longshot. Most of the characters I want are pretty longshotty.

You might wanna consider changing the title of the thread though; I just clicked in to see if what character this thread could be for.

Sheng Long

Smash Apprentice
For me I'd say it would be another Mother series rep like Ninten or Giegue. Personally I would also like if Ness and Lucas got movesets based on what they actually did in their games instead of taking Paula and Kumatora's moves. Honestly I kinda also would like Jeff as well.

Being a huge Kirby fan, I think Gooey would be great especially since he appeared in Star Allies recently, but Bandana Dee has a higher chance and I want him more in Smash anyways along with Marx.

Besides that, I would say Skull Kid is another one that I want as he's my favorite Zelda antagonist, but hasn't really been relevant since Hyrule Warriors. Speaking of Hyrule Warriors, seeing the King of Hyrule in action knocking people off the stage as the King of Red Lions would be pretty cool too.

Astraltar

Smash Apprentice
At first I thought this was a thread for Ruto, the water sage from OoT

My longshot dream picks are Fierce Deity Link and Alucard. Both of which are also in my top 3 most wanted.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Geno would be really hard to include since Square wouldn't even let Nintendo use him for Mario games. Sakurai even wants him and all we got was a Mii Costume. Sora's inclusion would open the door to Disney characters. Daisy in the way I want her (inspired only by the sports games and wears her shorts) could be less likely than her appearing as a Peach clone or Waluigi (who is more requested) appearing instead. Ridley's been said to be too big. The Pokémon Trainer can't return unless they bring back transformations, which gave Zero Suit Samus the worst Final Smash ever. Spring Man would be a more likely ARMS rep than Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Twintelle, Helix, etc. Snake's not likely to return. And with the controversy of Cloud's inclusion, he's not likely to return either. Duck Hunt is the Scrappy-Doo of Nintendo's history and I doubt anyone would miss him. Okay, maybe someone's who's been in the series before is more likely than a requested newcomer. Also Goku, both the Yuyuki character and the Dragon Ball character would be highly unlikely. Dragon Ball's Goku has been written off by the Smash community and Yuyuki's Goku could get some trademark problems. Most of the third-party franchises might not get a second rep. The Wii Fit Trainer is a total joke and Nintendo moved on from the Wii brand. Fire Emblem might not get a new representitive after players found that B-list game crowding the roster.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
You might wanna consider changing the title of the thread though; I just clicked in to see if what character this thread could be for.
At first I thought this was a thread for Ruto, the water sage from OoT

My longshot dream picks are Fierce Deity Link and Alucard. Both of which are also in my top 3 most wanted.
...noted. the joke isn't as important as clarity, you're rght. change incoming!

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
I loved the joke, though? Can we not have some kind of compromise where only the first half gets changed to make it more obviously not a support thread?
what it's got now seems like a good fit, gets the point across and is still adequately dumb for my liking. but i'm open to suggestions, if you or anyone else has something!

and you didn't answer the question, you big silly >:U

Top Bottom