• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How about a custom music maker?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Despite over 800 songs, some people are inevitably going to be dissapointed (I know I am with there being less than 100 Kirby songs :p)

Now there are two ways to fix this

One is an option to import your own music, but that seems unlikely.

But the other? A custom music maker, something they've done before in other franchises. It'd be a great way to include songs that didn't make the cut. Let us share them online and play them on any stage.

It'd be awesome!

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos

Would it allow an option to export the music onto an external memory as an MP3? or could be uploaded to YouTube/Soundcloud/Something Similar?

Because if not, well then **** that noise; it's the Smash 4 stage builder fiasco all over again! Nintendo! *taps glass* if you're gonna give me cool stuff, lemme use it without worries of memory limitations!

However, if it does have that option... I can finally achieve the american dream of ruining Super Smash Bros with siivagunner memes.

And when I say "ruin," I'm being flippant.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Ya this would be great. I already do this in brawl modding, it would be fantastic if it was official. They already have the switch acting as an mp3 player for smash, so why not have the reverse possible too!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Given the scale of legality, size of the playlist, and difficulty of creating user-interface music modding software that can be done for the casual and mainstay crowd, I don't see it happening. Or even plausible.

The problems that arise far outweigh any benefit. The entire mode basically would tell the composers they did not do enough (standpoint of respect), and altering music takes a lot of practice- the number of variables to control stack up, to the point that you have to have experience doing it, or be walked through the process. To whom would this even appeal?

Mario Maker being a part of a main Mario title would make more sense than this, and it doesn't make much sense in itself.

That said, the music in Smash Bros kills. I could see local play allowing our own music... but likely through the weird dual headphones into our cellphones.

Jhpage94

Smash Rookie

Would it allow an option to export the music onto an external memory as an MP3? or could be uploaded to YouTube/Soundcloud/Something Similar?

Because if not, well then **** that noise; it's the Smash 4 stage builder fiasco all over again! Nintendo! *taps glass* if you're gonna give me cool stuff, lemme use it without worries of memory limitations!

However, if it does have that option... I can finally achieve the american dream of ruining Super Smash Bros with Grand Dad memes.

And when I say "ruin," I'm being flippant.
Waluigi wahs in to battle!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Given the scale of legality, size of the playlist, and difficulty of creating user-interface music modding software that can be done for the casual and mainstay crowd, I don't see it happening. Or even plausible.

The problems that arise far outweigh any benefit. The entire mode basically would tell the composers they did not do enough (standpoint of respect), and altering music takes a lot of practice- the number of variables to control stack up, to the point that you have to have experience doing it, or be walked through the process. To whom would this even appeal?

Mario Maker being a part of a main Mario title would make more sense than this, and it doesn't make much sense in itself.

That said, the music in Smash Bros kills. I could see local play allowing our own music... but likely through the weird dual headphones into our cellphones.
Importing music shouldnt have any legal issues. Its more like using smash bros stages as music players for songs you want to hear.

Top Bottom