• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hover Cancel Basics help plz

HyperSilver

Smash Cadet
so im starting to hover cancel with my mewtwo but Im finding it difficult to pull off in terms of holding the controller- is there a way to hold the controller when you for example HC U-air? would go Claw style for a second?

AndyT0073

Smash Cadet
If you don't claw, try setting a shoulder button that you dont use to jump so you can control your hover in all directions with all aerials (since i use R for shielding, wd'ing, etc, i set L to jump.) Then just hold down on control stick(only release after in hover) ->hold Jump ->use aerial (use c stick) -> let go of jump-> flick down (fast fall to ground for float cancel). With dair you'll have to float to the ground rather than fast fall if you want the hitboxes out so hold down (dont release) -> hold Jump ->dair -> hover into ground. Practice doing this with all aerials as fast as possible and use the first method for all of your aerials except dair. Side note: Hover cancelled nair doesnt have the final hitbox that knocks them away so know when it is better to hc nair rather than djc nair.

Ithnex

Smash Rookie
The way i do it is i have L set to Jump and I hold down on control stick and press L -> Direction on C-Stick. It's kinda hard to get the hang of but once you get it its super good!

Top Bottom