• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston's Next National Announced; Clutch City Clash 2 Registration Open

On Feb. 10, Smash United, a Houston-based community organization, announced that it will be hosting its second national, Clutch City Clash 2, from Oct. 28-29 at Legends Sports Complex in The Woodlands, TX. Similar to last year, the games featured for this event will be Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Project M. In addition, there will be a $5,000 pot bonus added to each game.

Smash United will be taking a different approach this year with the ruleset for Smash Wii U. As many know, Houston was one of the few cities in the United States that ran a 3 stock, 8 minute ruleset. However, after input from various community heads, Clutch City Clash 2 will run the standard 2 stock, 6 minutes format.

Ruleset aside, Smash United aims to produce a premier experience. "Last year Houston got a taste of the big stage and limelight, this year it's getting the full experience." said Smash United's TO Devin "Krebs" Groff.

Early Bird registration and event information is currently open at Clutch City Clash 2's smash.gg page, click here to be directed. In addition to the early bird registration, players who register before the Early Bird deadline, March 12, will be entered into a raffle to win a free Nintendo Switch.

Stay tuned to Smashboards for more Clutch City Clash news.

Last edited:
Josh Olalde

Comments

Sad this is the same day as LTC4. Had been hoping to go to both but LTC has been better to me so I'll have to miss CCC

I can actually make this. Also being this event in the Woodlands suck.

Move to Humble or Kingwood instead so I don't have to drive as far

Top Bottom