• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Here is what i think the tier is right now.

No customs, 3 stocks and the character is not ordered within his/her tier.

S tier= 100% sure
A tier= 100% sure
B tier= 80% sure
C tier= 50% sure
D tier= 30% sure (i have no F-ing idea)
E tier= 70% sure
F tier= 90% sure

upload_2015-10-22_11-23-26.png

Make your list here: https://quetzle.github.io/smash-apps/tier/

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Brawler that high with no customs? Huh...

And you have TWO D tiers listed in your percents, ya dummy.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Here's mine. It's really good, except for possibly Wario lol that dude's just weird.
Also I have next to no knowledge about the Miis sooo I'd just skip over them on the list. As well as the nerfs to Luigi, haven't been keeping up with that character at all since everyone fled him.

I actually feel like Zelda or Samus are worst in the game right now, maybe Palutena?
Definitely not Ganondorf, but the real question is "who cares"?

Figuring out the exact order for bottom tier in this game is pretty difficult... Greninja is overrated, that's a certainty though.

Correct.jpg

Last edited:

PixlSugr

Smash Rookie
NNID
PixlSugr
Hello!

@UH Smash also hosts a bi-weekly tournament series called "RIP City"! Some of Houston's best such as the Bhone brothers, DJ Fliphop, and BC have come out to compete in these.

Keep us in mind! Only 5$ for venue and 5$ for entry! 64 man cap!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Teshie U Teshie U I think I'll get my amiibo this Thursday. Make sure it's safe.

Xyro77

Massive update on TGC 5! Please read!

Texas's largest Smash 4 tournament series, TGC, is having its 5th event (Dec 5th) and it is just 24 days away!

With a $1000 pot bonus split between 1vs1 and 2vs2 and the highest number of out-of-state players a TGC event has ever seen, TGC 5 is looking like it may hit 200+ entrants! Wow!!!

In terms of high level Tx skill, we have the normal: MegaFox, Trela, Wall, GrimTurtle, Karna, Denti, Gnes and more...

But as for out-of-state confirmed players? Behold!

1. Ryo (best Ike in USA
2. Zenyou (best/2nd best Mario in USA)
3. Dabuz (best Rosalina in USA)
4. Scizor (best link in USA)
5. SM (extremely good Cali Ike)
6. SECRET!
7. SECRET!

Having these powerhouse players come to TGC is a massive opportunity for all of us. This is our chance to get premium practice from the best of the best as well as show them what Texas is made of. Whether you are good or bad, top level or low level, PLEASE play these players and make them feel welcome is the best Smash 4 city in Texas! Just think, a mini national in your own state.

Also, due to this event exploding in a way i never saw coming. I am in great need of 2 things:

1. Full setups (WiiU/Tv/Smash 4). Any person who bring a full set-up to TGC 5 will not have to pay a venue fee. If you bring a partial set-up (WiiU+smash 4 but no TV or TV but no WiiU+smash 4) you will get half off venue fee. Guys/Girls, I seriously need your help with setups. No joke.

2. Volunteers. Once an event hits 150 or more players, time management and overall event control gets more difficult. If you wish to help report matches, stop friendlies, help setup/break down the venue or just be more involved with TO duties at TGC, please contact me ASAP.

Another topic is that of recording. TGC 5 will be recorded by yours truly.

If you have any questions or concerns or just wanna chat, message me.

Twitter: Xyro77 Xyro77
Facebook: Allan Xyro Sims
Smashboards: Xyro77 Xyro77

Wanna talk to others about TGC 5? Wanna learn more info about rules, stages and other stuff? Go here: smashboards.com/threads/dec-5-2015-tgc-5-1000-pot-bonus-zenyou-ryo-dabuz-scizor-and-more-houston-tx.419208/

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
why are lives called stocks in smash...
edit: found the answer

Notmiefault 3 points 8 months ago

Basically it's a way to shift the focus away from traditional violence. It's the same reason they use a percentage system instead of a health system. Calling it "lives" implies your character dies after each "KO" (which notice is called that instead of death); by calling it "stock" it instead simply suggests a resource is consumed.

sFooby 2 points 8 months ago

Exactly how I would have answered this. Its more or less to lessen the connection between life and death as we (humans) would view it. It's especially thoughtful of Nintendo seeing as the game is generally marketed towards a younger and more-sensitive-to-influence crowd.

Same reason characters go to sleep in kingdom hearts.

Cause the games suck

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Can't wait for hundreds of people to main him in a tournament only to get dumpstered by the people who stuck with their original mains. Lol.

Xyro77

It happens everytime a new character is released.

In 3-4 months when we see his potential it will be either glorious or terrible.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
November 15, 1987 a LEGEND was born. Today, he turns 28 years old.
I agree, Isaiah George Osbourne is a very important English footballer. Best of birthdays to him!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Cloud Cloud Cloud

C L O U D
L
O
U
D

Xyro77

Another TGC update!

On top of the previously announced awesome OOS player list, I am extremely excited to announce that Void (Sheik) from California, Z (Pikachu) from Navada as well as 3 more Smashers from Nevada are coming to TGC 5 on December 5th (16 days away)!

Oh but wait, there is more!! Molly Simoneaux, Houston's best Female player, sold her home, vehicle and spent all 27 cents of her retirement fund fund just so that she could afford a ticket for a certain Florida player. Everyone please give a big thanks to Molly for bring Sol (Little Mac) to TGC 5!

With a $1000 pot bonus split between 1vs1 and 2vs2 and the highest number of out-of-state players a TGC event has ever seen, TGC 5 is looking like it it's prob gonna hit 200+ entrants! My friends, we have reached "mini national" status. This is a first for Houston and Texas in Smash 4!

Confirmed OOS player list:

Ryo, Zenyou, Dabuz, Scizor, SM, Void, Z, 2 more Cali players, 3 more Nevada players.....and more???

Having these powerhouse players come to TGC is a massive opportunity for all of us. This is our chance to get premium practice from the best of the best as well as show them what Texas is made of. Whether you are good or bad, top level or low level, PLEASE play these players and make them feel welcome in the best Smash 4 city in Texas! Just think, a mini national in your own state. You are welcome!

Also, due to this event exploding in a way i never saw coming. I am in great need of 2 things:

1. Full setups (WiiU/Tv/Smash 4). Any person who bring a full set-up to TGC 5 will not have to pay a venue fee. If you bring a partial set-up (WiiU+smash 4 but no TV or TV but no WiiU+smash 4) you will get half off venue fee. Guys/Girls, I seriously need your help with setups. No joke.

2. Volunteers. Once an event hits 150 or more players, time management and overall event control gets more difficult. If you wish to help report matches, stop friendlies, help setup/break down the venue or just be more involved with TO duties at TGC, please contact me ASAP.

Another topic is that of recording. TGC 5 will be recorded by the one true legend that has been taking care of this state's smash needs since 2004: Xyro!

If you have any questions or concerns or just wanna chat, message me.

Twitter: Xyro77 Xyro77
Facebook: Allan Xyro Sims
Smashboards: Xyro77 Xyro77

Wanna talk to others about TGC 5? Wanna learn more info about rules, stages and other stuff? Go here: smashboards.com/threads/dec-5-2015-tgc-5-1000-pot-bonus-zenyou-ryo-dabuz-scizor-and-more-houston-tx.419208/

Xyro77

Hey guys! Xyro here.

From now on, every week (usually Friday) I'll be posting some Nintendo gaming news or Nintendo related stuff for all you to read. Let's begin!

1. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash for WiiU is out now! Should you get it? http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/18/mario-tennis-ultra-smash-review

2. XenoBlade Chronicles X is bigger that Fallout 4+Skyrim+Witcher 3? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qfhg2FJgx8

2a. If you purchase the physical version of XBCX, it is recommended you buy the DLC speed packs that decrease load times. They are available now! More info here: www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/11/12/xenoblade-chronicles-x-data-packs-speed-up-loading-available-now.aspx

2b. Do the XBCX DLC speed packs actually make a difference? Find out here: www.nintendoeverything.com/xenoblade-chronicles-x-data-packs-load-time-comparison/

3. Nintendo Black Friday deals! www.polygon.com/2015/11/13/9728232/wii-u-black-friday-deals-2015-3ds-official-nintendo

4. The WiiU turned 3 years old! www.nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2015/11/18/a-big-happy-3rd-birthday-to-the-wii-u/

4a. The GameCube turned 14 years old! www.nintendoinquirer.com/blog/2015/11/18/gamecube-celebrates-its-14th-birthday-in-north-america/

4b. The Wii is 9 years old! www.nintendonews.com/2015/11/wii-celebrates-ninth-birthday-today/

5. Next Splatoon Weapon is here: www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/the_hydra_splatling_is_the_next_freebie_for_splatoon

6. EA will not make games for WiiU ever again www.gonintendo.com/stories/247235-ea-doesn-t-support-wii-wii-u-anymore-due-to-the-market-size

7. IGN Nintendo podcast! The week of 11/12. Covers analysis of the Nintendo Direct! www.ignwii.ign.libsynpro.com/nintendo-voice-chat-our-thoughts-on-nintendo-direct-1112?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ignfeeds%2Fpodcasts%2Fwii+%28A+LibSyn+podcast%3A+Nintendo+Voice+Chat%29

Last edited:
Top Bottom