• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
New Funplex is crazy looking. All kind of amazing arcade games in there. How will we focus on Smash?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The Joker looks great and his voice/way of upholding himself is def kinda creepy. The lines they had him say we cliche but he still delivered them well. Im excited for him and Will Smith's character. Maybe the hottie Harley too (depends on how much she extends my zair). No one else looks even remotely interesting (wtf is that the Croc i saw?). Suicide squad is gonna be a HUGE hit or miss.

edit: i read that Batman was on the set of SS and it really is him on the Joker car. If they do it right, he could be the next Ironman in the sense that he shows up in a lot of DC movies.

Now this is the movie i am absolutely hyped for. I watched the trailer 4 times and looked it over pretty good.

Lex Luther is played by a mega nerdy actor. Doesnt sound scary/evil and doesnt look scary/evil. Def don't like that at all. Kryptonite is shown though and that is a big deal.

New Batman. He seems old and angry. I like that A LOT (reminds me of me). It appears that he was around to witness the events of Man of Steel (building crumbling due to laser eyes from Zodd) and he lost family or failed to save people. This made him angry or pushed him over the edge to become the Batman.

Zodd. His dead body is shown. I highly doubt they will bring him back from the dead but WHY did they show him at all? I really liked Zodd and felt really bad for him so i hope we learn more about him.

Superman Mom and Superman girlfriend. i dont care about them at all. i hope one of them dies though. might give it the "Rachael effect" that the Dark Knight had.

WonderWoman. Spicy as hell. Has a sword. She better kick ass. im hype.

Superman. I like the actor but hate the character. Easily the most over powered super hero ever created and it causes a huge disconnect for me. There really isnt a reason for any other character to be there strength and speed wise.

I dont know the story but i can only hope that....

1. Bruce loses friends/family due to Superman vs Zodd in MoS.
2. The government's fear of superman intensifies. creates a split. pro-superman supporters and anti-superman supporters.
3. Bruce sides with anti-supporters and uses his anger from the events of MoS to become The Dark Knight.
4. Lex Appears. Direct competitor with Wayne Enterprises. No body cares at first.
5. Batman fights superman and loses.
6. Lex creates/discovers kryptonite and defeats/hurts Superman.
7. Lex dominates city or causes some super huge problem for earth.
8. Batman and superman fight again but midway through they stop and realize they have a common enemy: Lex.
9. Batman comes up with an idea to destroy/nullify krytoite.
10. Superman can now take out Lex.

Just a rough guess based off of trailers.

edit: "HAHA the joke is on you batman." Joker? Lex? hmmmmm

Last edited:

Suspect

Smash Hero
The superman battle didnt take place in Gotham so idk how Bruce's friends and family would be affected. Curious how they will explain that.

Xyro77

Bruce can travel to metropolis. It's all in the same comic universe. It is mentioned in the comics and TV shows. Shouldn't be a stretch at all. Also, maybe Bruce went to metropolis with family or friends during the Superman vs Zodd battle? We will have to see how it is explained.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Marvel's AntMan comes out in 2 days (Thursday)! If you would like to join me and several other Smashers for the midnite launch of AntMan, please buy the regular show (no 3d or IMAX) of AntMan for 7/16 at 12:01am (technically 7/17) on Fandango's website.

The address is: 11801 South Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, TX 77089

ALL SMASHERS ARE WELCOME TO GO. New gens, Old gens, Ancient gens, Wimp gens, Onion gens, Cool gens and engines (lol) are welcome. Please bring Smash 3ds or Monster hunter 4 so you can pass the time. Please arrive at the theater by 10pm so that we can avoid lines, get good seats TOGETHER and have time to buys drinks/popcorn and play games.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I hope to see you kids there on Thursday!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Why not come to RT for money instead?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
RT I need money to fund my music career. I can pay you back with fame and support from a key Houston subculture :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
RT I need money to fund my music career. I can pay you back with fame and support from a key Houston subculture :)
Submit a resume with at least 10 verified sources, shred the resume, set the bits on fire, then mail me the ashes. Then I'll think about it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't you have some Palutena's you need to worry about from Amazon? Good luck btw, remember when Lucina sold out in less than 10 seconds?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I am not contributing to your disease.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You'll have to wait a while for a restock if you don't want to import. For some reason, Nintendo still doesn't understand FE is popular.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The problem is they allocated too many to other regions like Europe or Japan and not to here. All the rares here? Local Europe are well stocked. Meanwhile, I recall stuff like KIRBY being rare for then. And don't forget the thousands of Mario surplus. So silly. Let's focus our Nintendo products in the region known for our weakest sales and interest! Yup...

Last edited:

Xyro77

I honestly believe that they didnt expect the obsession over amiibo and when they finally did they had already released 2-3 waves of Amiibo out there. So in order to keep up with demand of 3 waves of amiibo in 3 major regions some characters in some regions would see a shortage.

Though store exclusive Amiibo (after knowing how popular Amiiboos are) is mega dumb. There is no way a store like BestBuy or GS can store thousands of amiiboo the way Walmart or Amazon can.

The California port strikes didn't help matters either.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In other words, they did poor planning.

And even after they realized it was poor planning, they still continued with said poor planning.

Yup.

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
So are peeps going to Low Tier City 3 or San Japan. LTC3 seems like its gonna have way more competition with ally and zero coming soooo??

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
LTC will be for Tryhard Extreme+ Edition with free OoS DLC. Keep in mind two stocks.

San Japan will probably be more chill and fun. Venue fee is expensive, but since it is a convention you get more stuff to do.

I've already requested off and plan on going to San Japan. I believe some people have already decided LTC and others are still undecided...

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ah, I like 2 stocks > 3, and maximum competition to train my robin. So I'm leaning towards LTC, but I'll see what the people Iw as going with are saying

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Check with das Trelalalalala then...

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Is LTC customs or just 3 stocks? I actually might still do san japan for the chill factor of the anime convention and to see some san antonio homies

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
LTC is 2 stocks. San Japan is 3 stocks.

Both have customs banned. I assume stage list is different.

LTC will definitely be tryhard territory, several OoS already confirmed. San Japan will definitely be more chill and have convention nerds stuffing the pot.

It all depends on what motivates you at this point.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Is LTC customs or just 3 stocks? I actually might still do san japan for the chill factor of the anime convention and to see some san antonio homies
No customs but its 2 stocks 6min. Def not worth it for me.

In other words, they did poor planning.

And even after they realized it was poor planning, they still continued with said poor planning.

Yup.
You cannot/should not plan for millions of Amiibo to be sold when the system you make them for is the worst selling system in your 100 year history (WiiU was selling worse than the Gamecube AND dreamcast.....wow). Share holders/board members would be absolutely furious if you took that gamble.

Now, after they realized Amiiboo was a MASSIVE success, yes, it is now a "poor planning" episode. Literally tell all factories to stop making ****ing MARIO or Link amiiboos(the ones we find all the time) and have them double up on others.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Plz, the moment they decided to make Amiibos, they should know people will buy this ****. Especially when it'll feature characters from franchises like Earthbound and Fire Emblem. People love to collect that type of stuff, especially when there isn't much merchandise for the franchise already.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
If LTC is try hard territory then I'll probably go to that. Been wanting to go to a national at some point anyways.

Xyro77

Plz, the moment they decided to make Amiibos, they should know people will buy this ****. Especially when it'll feature characters from franchises like Earthbound and Fire Emblem. People love to collect that type of stuff, especially when there isn't much merchandise for the franchise already.
You need data to support that claim. The amiibo's primary goal was to be used with games on a gaming system (that proved it cant sell well). Collecting would most def happen it but wasn't their purpose because one can technically "collect" anything Nintendo related. Having said that, Nintendo could not have anticipated the astronomical demand for it....INITIALLY.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You go for the practice/test your skill. Numbers don't matter if it's all scrubs and you are going solely for competition, silly doodle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom