• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
But think of the twitch viewers that will get sick of our boring game after 2 stocks. What about them!!?

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
@ Fliphopper Fliphopper Half and Half. i shouldve gone diddy all the way though, i always kept losing game one by a hair because of my falcon trying to style on them lol.. too many close matches because of my stubborness and one ending up in me getting eliminated by getting stage counterpicked xD but its all good.. had fun, and i think thats all that matters. i did get mad pissed in my head since i was playing waaaay better than him but a loss is a loss.. just gotta keep at it and keep learning from them

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Come get styled on. I'll give you reasons to believe. 2 stocks is jank though.
You'll be at TGC2 right? come to Sync's on Friday evening/night so we can get some dubz practice in

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
How many more new gens will finally see what I've been saying since day 1. 3 stock is the way to go. It always will be.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Whats funny is that it cant happen at EVO because people thought meteor quick attack was garbage (aside from this is kind of is).

And Xyro you are super late, thats on the front page of smashboards.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Had a great time at the tournament in Katy. Had loads of fun playing dubz with @Zult vs Gnes and @ Zori Zori , some crazy things were going on; we were all having a great time-->player cam shows how we were feeling during those matches and friendlies.

Getting bodied in doubles:

Jank in friendlies:

Gnes hard reads:

They're so many other great moments on that stream I know I missed out on, but my point is that moments like these are why I keep playing the game--having pure, unadulterated fun smash with friends. My whole GF set with Gnes was the most fun set I've had in a tourney ever. I wish it could be like this all the time for everyone, but that's a whole different story.

Lots of upsets in bracket, TGC2 should be interesting.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Empire never dies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What were the problems at that tourney? Was this the tourney on M2K's stream?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ah, good old poor decision-making and planning. It always amuses me.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
[Houston Smash 4 Skype Group]

Officially join the best smash group around! Learn from fellow Houston players on the go, schedule matches whenever, hear about upcoming tournaments, find out about others in you area to meet up offline, and more. Or just come by to relax, chill, and converse with other members of the community about things outside of smash also. The skype group is officially made and can be accessed at your convenience.

Don't have a skype? Signing up is easy. Go to skype.com or download the app for iPhone or Android. Notifications can easily be turned on silent and you can tune in at your leisure.

To join, send me a private message on Skype by searching my username (ohsowr3ckless) and telling me you want to join the group as well as adding me to contacts. If you have others added that are already in the group, feel free to ask them to add you to it as well. Any questions or comments, post on here. Thanks for reading!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I warn not to allow certain obnoxious people on the group. For example, someone that is liking every post despite many polite attempts from people asking it to stop.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I'll allow those for the time being. Not having a feature to like posts will hopefully limit how obnoxious one can be. I can choose to remove people if needed though, but nothing wrong with allowing them another chance, especially after I portrayed how I felt about that issue towards them.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You're more soft-hearted than I am. Still, just remember what I said. I have a feeling it'll come back around.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Is this new? I want to say no but I can't remember...isn't this the same input as dacus basically?

Top Bottom