• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just curious, why are customs banned? I don't really care either way, but I'm wondering why if that's the EVO standard. Did Jank/Windboxes win a tourney or something?
In 1677, the great Samurai, Samuel L Jackson (who later became our 73rd president) created Super Smash Bros 4 for the Microsoft Atari.

While developing the game, his dog, Rupert, had an epiphany. "What if we added certain moves to help the casual, low skill, low skill players who can't get good at real smash finally be able to steal stocks/wins?" he said. "And by doing this we can not take balance into consideration so that we can go completely wild when making moves!" he exclaimed.As a bonus, Rupert programmed the moves to appear at random during the game's single player modes so that it would be extremely stressful unlocking them. Further hint at the fact that these garbage moves should not be tournament legal.

Samuel liked this idea so he logged into AOL instant message and tweet the announcement of custom moves to the masses on TV. The uneducated mainstream players/TOs rejoiced! But the intelligent, thick/long Zair, attractive, receding hairline TOs with 37 girlfriends refused to follow game ruining rules. We prefer REAL smash and not "I suck so please give me a hurricane up+b on DK so I can steal wins because I suck sh*t" smash.

*credits roll*

image.jpg

Grapevine

Smash Rookie
NNID
ButtOut
In 1677, the great Samurai, Samuel L Jackson (who later became our 73rd president) created Super Smash Bros 4 for the Microsoft Atari.

While developing the game, his dog, Rupert, had an epiphany. "What if we added certain moves to help the casual, low skill, low skill players who can't get good at real smash finally be able to steal stocks/wins?" he said. "And by doing this we can not take balance into consideration so that we can go completely wild when making moves!" he exclaimed.As a bonus, Rupert programmed the moves to appear at random during the game's single player modes so that it would be extremely stressful unlocking them. Further hint at the fact that these garbage moves should not be tournament legal.

Samuel liked this idea so he logged into AOL instant message and tweet the announcement of custom moves to the masses on TV. The uneducated mainstream players/TOs rejoiced! But the intelligent, thick/long Zair, attractive, receding hairline TOs with 37 girlfriends refused to follow game ruining rules. We prefer REAL smash and not "I suck so please give me a hurricane up+b on DK so I can steal wins because I suck sh*t" smash.

*credits roll*
10/10, great read. I have made a great mistake in putting custom sets on my Wii U. As penance I will burn its unclean and wretched plastic and send it to the fires of hell.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Fox News is pretty awful, but MSNBC (Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews lmao) and CNN are infinitely worse. TV news is so bad that it is practically entertainment.

And please come to Austin, but only if you like 2 stocks and losing to R.O.B. because you don't know how to shield projectiles, but whenever you do shield, you decide to shield directly in front of him so he can grab you (or you for some reason repeatedly jump at him with aerials while he has his shield up).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should have photoshopped the teacup on the enemies.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326

*credits roll*

View attachment 47895
10/10.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Fox News is pretty awful, but MSNBC (Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews lmao) and CNN are infinitely worse. TV news is so bad that it is practically entertainment.

And please come to Austin, but only if you like 2 stocks and losing to R.O.B. because you don't know how to shield projectiles, but whenever you do shield, you decide to shield directly in front of him so he can grab you (or you for some reason repeatedly jump at him with aerials while he has his shield up).
I prefer Fox news over liberal propaganda plastered everywhere every day.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld

Oh in that case I'm DEFINITELY not going(;

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Spreading my influence to other cities would amuse me.

Does it need to be USA version only?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Amiibos are not region-locked.

You can use Japanese amiibos on American Wii Us. The only thing different is packaging, which crazy people will pay extra for instead of importing in bulk.

I might get all three, just need to see how to acquire them beyond local stores here.

Also no need to pay extra back, just pay back the cost. Joining the list is good enough.

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone here play on anther's ladder? I'm just curious because I checked it out last night and it is pretty legit. (Interface, players, connection, etc.) I love it because it's the best practice I can get without attending a tourney in Houston an hour away from me or a Austin/SA/SMtourney which is 2 hours.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Anyone else catch that new batman vs superman teaser?

Also I'm in Vegas and these fat girls are topless outside my hotel begging for tips for pics. Why are people taking pics of these whales!?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What if they had amiibos?

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
To clarify, I wasn't calling anyone out specifically, I was just outlining the way I want people to play against me so I can win.

Last edited:

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Anyone planning on going to Texas Showdown? I was looking at plane tickets (since I don't really have the time to travel like I used to, gotta fly) and I found some for about $200. Was wanting to see if anyone wanted to split hotel costs.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
It's been raining so hard that I cannot get into my subdivision. Cars stalled out everywhere. My dad is at home with a mega fever too. Not a good night.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
dang it's been like a month since I last logged on smashboards wtf?

I'm gold crown in monster hunter with brachydium armor so I am a god.

Mewtwo sucks holy ****

k see everyone again in a month

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
It's amusing how many people have already passed judgement on a characters viability in the first two days he's been out. I haven't played him very much but in my little time with him I can tell he definitely has a learning curve.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
It's pretty easy to see his viability, he's gonna end up mid tier at best.

he's light, floaty and huge, the worst possible combo for a character in a game where rushdown and juggling is supreme. It's what keeps Rosa from being the best character, but at least she has luma to make up for it to shut down 80% of the cast.
he has 0 throw followups so gets no damage or anything at low %, his saving grace there is that two of his throws are kill moves.
his hitboxes are so bad that your tail can just go through them with utilt and uair sometimes, but at least his fair is ridic strong, it's just a really small hitbox.
Tiny characters are a nightmare for him because almost everything except dtilt and jab whiffs on them and it's really sad to watch.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319

*credits roll*

View attachment 47895
did not expect anything less 15/10 great read please pin

Robozygo

Smash Rookie
It's pretty easy to see his viability, he's gonna end up mid tier at best.

he's light, floaty and huge, the worst possible combo for a character in a game where rushdown and juggling is supreme. It's what keeps Rosa from being the best character, but at least she has luma to make up for it to shut down 80% of the cast.
he has 0 throw followups so gets no damage or anything at low %, his saving grace there is that two of his throws are kill moves.
his hitboxes are so bad that your tail can just go through them with utilt and uair sometimes, but at least his fair is ridic strong, it's just a really small hitbox.
Tiny characters are a nightmare for him because almost everything except dtilt and jab whiffs on them and it's really sad to watch.

Pretty much if they just made him heavy he'd be good. Not super heavy, maybe a little less than Wario.

Top Bottom