• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
even as a diddy player i like the diddy kong changes. keep his neutral game, make him work harder for KOs and get less reward off every hit.

then they nerfed KO moves across the board... ugh. just making the game last longer. other chars with poor KO options are a little better relatively because of this but i'd rather it go the other way around.

watched some mewtwo. that char will be pretty good i think.

falco dthrow change sounds interesting but not enough. he's so slow and slippery in this game wtf. makes me wonder if he was like that in brawl and his laser/dair/bair were enough to mask it, but i feel like he really is slower.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People have reported not getting codes or codes not working. From a technical standpoint, you want to send out codes in batches to let some people download the data, wait until a majority have been redeemed, then release and activate more to reduce server stress.

Just be patient and relax. Go play FG or something if you don't have work/school.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, just got mine. Work plzzzzz

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Samus has faster homing missiles.

F-tilt has a another hitbox (her 4th one) and her f-tilt does an extra 1%. Point blank version of f-tilt 2 and 3 do less knock back....wtf it looks almost like a phantom hit now.

That's all she got.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

F-tilt has a another hitbox (her 4th one) and her f-tilt does an extra 1%.

That's all she got.
I read her dthrow knockback reduced for better combo use?

Teshie U

Smash Lord

F-tilt has a another hitbox (her 4th one) and her f-tilt does an extra 1%. Point blank version of f-tilt 2 and 3 do less knock back....wtf it looks almost like a phantom hit now.

That's all she got.
is the knockback increased?

not sure if i want faster missles

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario has no changes except maybe removal of RCO. Balanced character.

Apparently Shadow Ball no longer has a charge hitbox. Somewhere, Trela is sad...

Interesting they changed Lylat edges. Can anyone test if they fixed Wuhu Island boat exploit?

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
no shadowball charge hitboxes = i think everyone who wants to use mewtwo is sad

diddy is still ridiculously good, just won't KO nearly as easily

Xyro77

I read her dthrow knockback reduced for better combo use?
I'm calling placebo effect on that. I see/feel no change.

is the knockback increased?

not sure if i want faster missles
Hit stun and knocback have been reduced on f-tilt up and f-tilt down if done at point black range.

There is also a 4th hit box for f-tilt

Point blank range
Mid range
Tipper rang
Very tip of the tipper

Xyro77

Mewtwo:

Side B to jab 1 to grab to dthrow to nair/fair or Usmash or dash attack

Over 35% combo

Last edited:

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
dthrow doesn't combo into anything, but it does set up airdodge/jump/mash trap well

also sideB hitstun can be canceled about halfway so the combos out of it aren't real

Teshie U

Smash Lord
samus dthrow is already perfect for combos unless you want her to turn into diddy kong

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
you can attack or airdodge out of mewtwo's sideB to not get true combo'd into fair/dtilt/etc.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
His Confusion reflector is 1.4x damage multiplier from what I read. Not broken enough.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Ryu (street fighter 2) sounds were added to the game files. very cool and funny to me if he makes it in.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Could be placeholder data for testing/future-proofing. Nothing is certain at this point. Didn't listen to the sounds, but is it really Ryu from SF? There are other characters named Ryu...

Would be amusing if Roy does return. This means Pichu could return...

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So...how many Diddy mains mysteriously switched mains?

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
Could be placeholder data for testing/future-proofing. Nothing is certain at this point. Didn't listen to the sounds, but is it really Ryu from SF? There are other characters named Ryu...

Would be amusing if Roy does return. This means Pichu could return...
Guys, Ryu from street fighter is already in smash! *Cough Megaman*

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I've been told Sheik's vanish and bouncing fish kill earlier
Not sure if true, can anyone confirm this?

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
I've been told Sheik's vanish and bouncing fish kill earlier
Not sure if true, can anyone confirm this?
I'm very skeptical especially since her BF received a massive nerf in the first balance patch.

Can't confirm, on the workflow ATM.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
"Work more for KOs" is something people don't want to do anymore.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
If they rebuffed Sheik's BF I can understand her nerf to Bair but if not I really don't understand. She already had a hard time killing, nerfing her one kill move before 200% is bull****.

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
If they rebuffed Sheik's BF I can understand her nerf to Bair but if not I really don't understand. She already had a hard time killing, nerfing her one kill move before 200% is bull****.
From what I've read, the rumored BF and vanish "buffs" kill 2% and 6% earlier respectively.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Sorry that the character with the safest frame data and best recovery can't kill confirm at 120.

Sheik is supposed to pressure into gimps or trap with fsmash/vanish. She is probably best character in game once again. Easily top 3 at least.

Mewtwo side B is a good kill setup. People can act out of it, but you can punish nicely. All tech options appear to lose to shadow ball. If they try to buffer an aerial, OoS upsmash kills super early. Fsmash works on tech in place. Uptilt kills and beats alot of stuff. You can Fair the jump away.

He can also ledge cancel his warp just like all the others.

Side B under battlefield platforms is a free tech chase and I think jumping side B combos into upair.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
P4. Use ness. He's a monster in smash 4
I don't care about what's good in this game I just use what I enjoy, and that's Sheik. So it doesn't really matter how much she gets nerf'd she's the character I'd play. But alas I don't play this game enough to really care, I just think it's stupid they nerf'd her one reliable kill option. It'd be like if they nerf'd Sonic's Bair in Brawl, it wouldn't make any sense.

And wow a 2% and 6% buff to kill power. My butthole is tingling.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I heard that there is a way to cancel Mewtwo's double jump animation to get additional height from it (this is not Melee DJC). The physics exploits are real.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't care about what's good in this game I just use what I enjoy, and that's Sheik. So it doesn't really matter how much she gets nerf'd she's the character I'd play. But alas I don't play this game enough to really care, I just think it's stupid they nerf'd her one reliable kill option. It'd be like if they nerf'd Sonic's Bair in Brawl, it wouldn't make any sense.

And wow a 2% and 6% buff to kill power. My butthole is tingling.
F you and your fun, go play MH and get one-shotted by Rsging Brachydios explosion laser.

Top Bottom