• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Here is a new TGC graphic called Rusty TGC that you can download for your pc wallpaper or mobile wallpaper. Click on the wallpaper to download. I will be launching a downloads section soon on www.tgcseries.com that will feature a variety of TGC wallpapers so stay tuned for the announcement!

Teshie U

Smash Lord
No no. The game system and multiple games. Not just one game.
Doesn't matter what you are buying. Black Friday deals just play on people's assumptions that its the best possible time to buy something. 99% of black friday deals are just regular sales all put on at the same time. The other 1% are in such a limited quantity that they require a massive commitment of personal time just to save a trivial amount of money (lining up days in advance to save less than $100).

In all likelyhood, waiting until black friday will cost you
-preorder bonuses for games you already knew you wanted
-time spent dealing with crowds on black friday
-the enjoyment you could have had playing the game when it came out (nothing comes out exactly on black friday i think)

And you will save maybe 50 dollars overall vs MSRP.

Some smart shopping online could get you a Ps4 right now at black friday prices (Ps4 is slaughtering Xbone and isn't forced to do any major deals on anything).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For the Wii U version

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
My hiding spot is near perfect. I can hack from afar and if I am about to be caught, I can snipe them for partial victories.

This very same spot allows me to see incoming hackers and fixers from a mile away. EASY snipe sessions!

Edit: get this game!!!!

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Do you have some preference for exclusive content or power that makes you want Ps4 more?

Xbones are almost as cheap as Wii U now if you really wanna play Deux Ex.

Xyro77

Do you have some preference for exclusive content or power that makes you want Ps4 more?

Xbones are almost as cheap as Wii U now if you really wanna play Deux Ex.
Ps4 has better graphics 9 out of 10 times. X-bone is 900p and ps4 hits the 1080. That's usually how it goes.

Though both machines are largely getting the same 3rd games, Ps4 is getting the better "exclusives."

I refuse to support a company who tried to pull what MS tried to pull before the launch of the x-bone.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Why not just get a PC? You're really limiting yourself if the game also shows up on the PC as well.

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
Why not just get a PC? You're really limiting yourself if the game also shows up on the PC as well.
PC version was pretty meh tbh, I think I probably would've preferred it on a console.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The game in general was meh regardless of platform.

Also, PCs are not that expensive if you choose the right reliable parts and build it yourself.

Xyro77

The game really isn't as bad as people are complaining. For some reason, people thought this would be a revolution in the GTA type genre. But people forget this is Ubisoft. They are the king of annualized iterations of games as well as jumping on the band wagon in terms of trying to make a type of game that goes in line with "whats hot'' in the industry currently. Rarely do they start trends or revolutionize the genres they touch. WatchDogs is GTA lite meets Assassins Creed lite meets hacking with RPG elements and multiple online modes. It is a solid game. Play the game yourself, i promise you that if you like GTA or assassins creed, you will enjoy this game.

Also, the main reason why i do not get PCs is because it is already obsolete about a year after you buy it. I guarantee your PC cannot play the latest in gaming awesomeness after 6 years without upgrades. A console can and can do it far cheaper.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I played it. I wasn't a fan of the driving mechanics/jerky movement of the character. Hacking got stale after a while, but that's just me.

Xyro77

I played it. I wasn't a fan of the driving mechanics/jerky movement of the character. Hacking got stale after a while, but that's just me.
hacking never got stale for me because there was so much more to the game than just hacking.

the driving mechanics are a known problem (its not good but its not something that makes the game unplayable). luckily, the main story doesn't force you too drive much.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Also, the main reason why i do not get PCs is because it is already obsolete about a year after you buy it. I guarantee your PC cannot play the latest in gaming awesomeness after 6 years without upgrades. A console can and can do it far cheaper.
...wat.

This is not true at all, unless you purposely choose games that have stupidly high requirements like Crysis and want everything on ultra high settings. I have an old laptop from 2010 that can probably still run some of the newer games, albeit not on high settings because I didn't max out on RAM or mediocre processor back then. And it's not even a gaming laptop (which are trash).

Last edited:

Xyro77

...wat.

This is not true at all, unless you purposely choose games that have stupidly high requirements like Crysis and want everything on ultra high settings.
The fact that i cannot play a game like Crysis on the highest settings without getting upgrades or a super up-to-date PC proves my point. You cannot get a PC and play all games for the next 6 years (10 years if you own PS2/PS3/PS4/360/x-bone) on the maximum settings. Consoles do not have this issue.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Really now? You do understand that Crysis is the exception, not the norm. The game was developed to have ******** requirements to have good visuals on ultra-high settings. If you think the console versions were comparable, you'll look foolish.

Most other console games can be easily ported to PC and be played without any issues. Also note that PCs are highly unique and user-specific, so no two PCs will have the exact same environments.

But whatever, you're welcome to strange thinking. If you think Deus Ex on consoles was good, the PC version was far better. Mouse and keyboard will ALWAYS trump any controller.

Last edited:

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
The fact that i cannot play a game like Crysis on the highest settings without getting upgrades or a super up-to-date PC proves my point. You cannot get a PC and play all games for the next 6 years (10 years if you own PS2/PS3/PS4/360/x-bone) on the maximum settings. Consoles do not have this issue.
Well, consoles DO have that issue tbh. They don't play games at maximum, instead settings are adjusted to allow for gameplay at 60(ish) frames which is often far from the game's max settings. IMO consoles do not offer greater value in terms of image quality or playability as they make the same compromises for new titles that PCs make.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shhhhhhh, I don't think he realizes that point of PC gaming is customization so that you can go for 4k resolution if you're insane or just regular 1080p 60fps gameplay, which is still better than most console games that run at 720p 30fps. Most console ports are dumbed down just so that they can be playable on the console.

You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

DEEK4Y

Smash Apprentice
and infinite upwards potential if you start off with the right build

*cough* intel *cough*.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Really now? You do understand that Crysis is the exception, not the norm. The game was developed to have ******** requirements to have good visuals on ultra-high settings. If you think the console versions were comparable, you'll look foolish.

Most other console games can be easily ported to PC and be played without any issues. Also note that PCs are highly unique and user-specific, so no two PCs will have the exact same environments.

But whatever, you're welcome to strange thinking. If you think Deus Ex on consoles was good, the PC version was far better. Mouse and keyboard will ALWAYS trump any controller.
Well, consoles DO have that issue tbh. They don't play games at maximum, instead settings are adjusted to allow for gameplay at 60(ish) frames which is often far from the game's max settings. IMO consoles do not offer greater value in terms of image quality or playability as they make the same compromises for new titles that PCs make.
Shhhhhhh, I don't think he realizes that point of PC gaming is customization so that you can go for 4k resolution if you're insane or just regular 1080p 60fps gameplay, which is still better than most console games that run at 720p 30fps. Most console ports are dumbed down just so that they can be playable on the console.

You get what you pay for.
No one is arguing that consoles offer greater frames per second or graphical power than a PC. After all, 99% of games are made on a computer first and then ported to console. This isn't the issue.

The issue is that if i buy a console, its GUARANTEED to work with all the games that come out on it for the next 6-10 years. Meaning, whatever form of a game that is sent to console comes in, it can be fully used by the user without having to upgrade. This cannot happen on the PC. Also, I never stated that a Crysis situation is the norm. You implying that graphical power/frames per second actually makes a good game or that it makes PC better than a console also implies that you are a low iq low skill nerd.

Also, Mouse and keyboard is TERRIBLE. Having your hands placed on a horizontal table/desk pressing terribly placed buttons on a rectangular slab of plastic is extremely inefficient and hurts the hands. NOTHING can replace the free moving, comfortable hold of a console controller (minus the original xbox controller and the n64 controller).

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Also, Mouse and keyboard is TERRIBLE. Having your hands placed on a horizontal table/desk pressing terribly placed buttons on a rectangular slab of plastic is extremely inefficient and hurts the hands. NOTHING can replace the free moving, comfortable hold of a console controller (minus the original xbox controller and the n64 controller).
Oh my goodness, it hurts to read this.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pretty much the opposite of what Xyro says is true if he has no knowledge about the subject.

Top Bottom