• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Is the bracket has enough diddys everyone should have to fight diddy first round in top 16

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Denti, you look like you're about to die lol.

Anyways, Tesh you still down to play? I'm trying to play Destiny but people aren't effing answering. SO?!

Whispy, you're in the top 16 final bracket then? Good stuff. Diddy or not, keep it going for HOUSTON.

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice

Anyways, Tesh you still down to play? I'm trying to play Destiny but people aren't effing answering. SO?!

Whispy, you're in the top 16 final bracket then? Good stuff. Diddy or not, keep it going for HOUSTON.
Up for rotations?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I get the feeling having more than 1 other person in the lobby is going to make me hate online again.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I'll see if we can play later this week Karna (I accidentally put Kira again lol). Plus me and Tesh run customs lately so it's definitely not top notch tourney practice lol.

Tesh let's go.

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui

Thanks dude, means alot!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok so KJ and RunCT are confirmed for going to SA this weekend with me.

Anybody else? Text me at 409-692-0697 to confirm your spot on out trip. We will be leaving Saturday morning and coming home late Sat night.

Also, temps will be at 71. Perfect spring weather.

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Watching Karna lose to players who I believe he's never lost to because of customs doesn't sit well in my book. Yes, you can argue that he didn't know how to deal with custom Villager, but I know good and well that he's the better player here. Maybe he could do better next time against these custom Villagers.

This message he sent me tells me otherwise.

I beat him yesterday twice in grand and winners finals, and have beaten him many times in the past. I don't keep count exactly but I'm positive against him in custom-banned tournaments. Maybe you're referring to Krebs but you said "players."

I don't enjoy custom Villager anymore either. I realized after that tournament default Villager was more fun, and it's what I'm more used to tbh. Not one of our 10+ games we played went to time, but these scumbags who pick up villager just for customs are gonna play much less honestly than I was. Saying Krebs doesn't deserve to win because Karna is better, at a no venue-fee tourney he ran at his own house for the purpose of practicing for EVO - that's messed up. Sheik can easily beat custom Villager by needles and timing him out, but Karna either didn't think of that or didn't want to. Krebs has experience with customs, and Karna didn't know how to equip them.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Wait, did you beat Aerolink again?

Looks like you have junebug or awestin coming up in losers.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Was it close with aerolink? I know he has like 10x the experience in that matchup.

Junebug is out, watch out for phenom, he is siiiiiiiiiiick. Fox and Ness are both dangerous, pay attention to all the options.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
And Nair, but thats Fox. If he just keeps grabbing you he can go for bairs/uairs.

Beyond_Space

Smash Rookie
Whispy got out because during the 2nd match the tv went out and phenom was at 100% and Whispy at 10% but they had to reply the 2nd match and Whispy lost so it went to 3rd game and he lost again

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
i lost in the most bull**** way...last game, last stock, last match, i was at 10% and the other guy was at 110% and the power went out on our game. the TO's said start the match with both 1 stocks. we played a new game instead, 2 stocks.. and i lost. im so ****ing pissed..

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's generally up to the TO's discretion on how to handle, but with such a huge percent difference, it should have been continued with around the same percent. Oh well, **** happens, just gotta deal with it and know you won in your heart.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Ok so KJ and RunCT are confirmed for going to SA this weekend with me.

Anybody else? Text me at 409-692-0697 to confirm your spot on out trip. We will be leaving Saturday morning and coming home late Sat night.

Also, temps will be at 71. Perfect spring weather.
bring jerm or gnes or pj or p4

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
holy ****...anybody just see whispy+hylen vs zero+dabuz?
close matches...
tbh whispy it'd be better to have you have the final stock, diddy>TL (for future games).
and tell Hylen he needs to watch is bomb pulls, kept getting hit while pulling bombs in the 1v1.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
The TO told them to do 1 stock but phenom didn't want to agree on it
Lol, this is stupid. Its not up to the players. Its up to the TO. Why would you give a complete do over based on the objection of someone who was 1 hit away from losing.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Agreed.

Lol shadow1pj got a shoutout for killing denti+richbrown at 0% on Lylat with TL's downsmash

Last edited:

BC.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
direprophecy
Commentator just said he'd tell everyone a counter to custom Villager after this match. impossible

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
its obvious that the player didnt want to do percentages. and space, he agreed on 1 stock, but im not comfortable with that because i can easily get gimped and lose.. sigh.. oh well.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Honestly anyone who played Brawl should have like 0 trouble with villager. Sure he is **** blocking your dash grab to upairs. Sure he has hitboxes+ledge.

But we had tougher ledge camping than that in brawl low tiers.

You don't need to switch characters or time him out. You just have to stop and think for a second instead of just running into things you know will hurt you.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Wait wtf? Because the other guy didn't want to reset it how it should be, he got it his way? Terrible TO'ing. Sorry Whispy, that sucks big time. I would of said something.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Honestly anyone who played Brawl should have like 0 trouble with villager. Sure he is **** blocking your dash grab to upairs. Sure he has hitboxes+ledge.

But we had tougher ledge camping than that in brawl low tiers.

You don't need to switch characters or time him out. You just have to stop and think for a second instead of just running into things you know will hurt you.
Tesh didn't you lose to BC :I

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Again, sometimes you know you won in your heart. But people want an asterisk win, that's fine.

Top Bottom