• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Wait so Denti isn't coming to TGC because of the rules? Wasn't he calling Razer out for not going to Dallas because of the rules? I'm sensing some priceless irony.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I didn't go to Dallas mainly because I was taking a break and only doing Houston events till March. Hence why I didn't go to SA tourney today. I probably will go to Aftershock despite the terrible rules of 2 stock 5 mins with customs. I will adapt and not complain to that extent.

Anyways, Diddy is Diddy. But I can guarantee you that TGC WILL be different. Trela definitely fell at this tournament but he can bounce back. Then Flip and I (the other of the top 3) will be there. TGC....will be BIG.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Question for all you old gens.

Did brawl start this way? Was it just Melee players ******** about how rulesets and stages and playstyle were killing the game? How long did it take for them to realize they just didnt enjoy this new game?

As much as I dislike 2 stock and as dumb as I think 3 stock 7 minutes on wii fit studio is and as much as I enjoy custom moves I damn sure enjoy the game. Its fun enough for me to sacrifice some of it to play with other people. I wanna go to SA locals with dumb tgc rules, I wanna go to shockwave locals with 2 stock customs. I just don't get how people are so quickly caught up in this amount of salt and bickering all the time.

Seems like alot of people aren't willing to admit that the game is the problem. Not rulesets or playstyles.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Wait so Denti isn't coming to TGC because of the rules? Wasn't he calling Razer out for not going to Dallas because of the rules? I'm sensing some priceless irony.
I'm pretty sure it's just the salt talking. I don't think he would miss out on a big tourney in Texas. So expect us DFW peeps to be there at TGC.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Did brawl start this way? Was it just Melee players *****ing about how rulesets and stages and playstyle were killing the game? How long did it take for them to realize they just didnt enjoy this new game?
Brawl had stage complaints (still does), and complaints about Metaknight and Diddy. Campy play was also heavily dislike to the point where people tried to make a rule to neuter it (Ledge Grab Limit).

When there is controversy, people will find an excuse to complain. Doesn't just happen in the Smash series, though it is more prevalent since we have so much control over the ruleset.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Question for all you old gens.

Did brawl start this way? Was it just Melee players *****ing about how rulesets and stages and playstyle were killing the game? How long did it take for them to realize they just didnt enjoy this new game?

As much as I dislike 2 stock and as dumb as I think 3 stock 7 minutes on wii fit studio is and as much as I enjoy custom moves I damn sure enjoy the game. Its fun enough for me to sacrifice some of it to play with other people. I wanna go to SA locals with dumb tgc rules, I wanna go to shockwave locals with 2 stock customs. I just don't get how people are so quickly caught up in this amount of salt and bickering all the time.

Seems like alot of people aren't willing to admit that the game is the problem. Not rulesets or playstyles.

Yes, Melee players complained about brawl a lot. It was much worse than what's going on now.

In Houston, I lowered the stock count to 3 at my very first event (it's much slower than melee) and never changed. I allowed many more stages at first (removed most of them them as more MK issues and camping issues arose). No matter what I did, melee players complained. They still complained to this day. Except that since they have left the scene, they keep the complaining online and not offline.

Xyro77

The key is to keep doing what they dislike. Doing so well make them move on to something else while REAL smashers stay and or come into the scene. Melee players (and now PM) will always be cry babies.

Last edited:

Xyro77

I didn't go to Dallas mainly because I was taking a break and only doing Houston events till March. Hence why I didn't go to SA tourney today. I probably will go to Aftershock despite the terrible rules of 2 stock 5 mins with customs. I will adapt and not complain to that extent.

Anyways, Diddy is Diddy. But I can guarantee you that TGC WILL be different. Trela definitely fell at this tournament but he can bounce back. Then Flip and I (the other of the top 3) will be there. TGC....will be BIG.
I wish you wouldn't support events that go totally against what smash is about. It's your call though, I guess money truly defeats morals/ethics.

What stages are legal at TGC Xyro?
Front page has the link to the tournament thread. All rules and stages are there.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Kecha Wacha is pretty goofy, but I can see being a problem in later ranks.

What weapons you using?
Dual Blades, they're comfortable. I plan to move to Insect Staff later when I start grinding out materials.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dual Blades, they're comfortable. I plan to move to Insect Staff later when I start grinding out materials.
Yeah, IG is difficult to use early game. Once Tallman gets his internet up, we (you, me, Tallman and Gea) can play together. We need another double Wroggi moment. I'M GONNA CART! *rewards have decreased*

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
So the West Coast Port Strike has apparently come to an end. This COULD mean that amiibo situation will be slightly better. Also very likely you'll see trickles of rares that never made it to the stores.

Prepare yourself for Wave 4 Pre Orders. Ness, Robin, Lucina....dear fish.
post when the wave 4s are up for pre order pls

Teshie U

Smash Lord
If you wanna play friendlies you should go to Krebs event perhaps. I wont be home for several hours and I doubt people wanna play.

Xyro77

Remember Nicole from the MW? She used peach in Brawl. Anyways, she is a really good ZS in smash 4. Does anyone good wanna team with her?

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Nicole SUCKS but i'll team with her : - )

edit: nvm, i'll never team with the enemy

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
More like a side singles. I didn't go but was watching the stream.
12 man side singles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom