• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Eh? Are you talking about Gore Magala? I'm still in 4-star, been messing around with Expeditions and some HR2-3 slay and gather quests. Want to clear HR2-3 and get to high rank gathering hall and get to high rank caravan this weekend.

Doing the Coal quest solo is suffering when the game gives you 9 and you have to go online to find out Slagtoth Oils can be traded for the last one.
Nah I'm talking about the first Urgent Quest lol the Kawga Waga or whatever

Kadin.

Smash Cadet
T minus two days till III and I get mh4u, probably gonna fail school and quit my job. Also BC is gonna win Evo if he goes.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Kecha Wacha is pretty goofy, but I can see being a problem in later ranks.

What weapons you using?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just completed Watch_Dogs with a 71% completion rate. Took me 72 hours to get to this point. My WiiU says i turned on the game 30 times.

Lets get the bad parts of WatchDogs WiiU out of the way.

1. WiiU version does not have all the DLC that the other versions do. This is bad if you care about DLC.
2. The parking garage "gang hideout" side mission glitch is still in but fixed in all other versions. Enemies can see and shoot you through walls on that side mission lololol.
3. Due to laziness on Ubisoft, Miiverse screen shot functionality wasn't included. Not a big deal but i have had many times where i wanted to take a screen shot and post it.

4. Digital Foundry worked up a graphics/texture/frame rate comparison and the WiiU didnt do well at all. Worst that the ps3, who is known for having bad ports.
5. More Ubisoft laziness. The WiiU gamepad could have offered TONS of potential original/innovative ideas for WatchDogs but instead the only thing the pad does is show the world map and play music from the headphone jack. Literally every WiiU game does that by DEFAULT.
5. The game was released on all systems but the WiiU back in May 2014 after a 6 month delay from its original Nov 2013 release date. Now, after ANOTHER 6 month delay, the WiiU version hit shelves on November 2014. This means the WiiU version had an extra full year of being polished and in return for the wait we got one of the worst ports on the WiiU.

Though the WiiU version has been confirmed to be the worst of the 6 ports, i still thoroughly enjoyed the game. Here are some of the things that i liked.

1. Story. Without spoiling, the story is of course a bit far-fetched towards the end but the overall plot is very real. We are being watched at all times (cameras in buildings and on our the streets) and data is being collected (emails, texts, phone calls, google searches...etc)) from us all the time. What would happen if you had the power to wield all of information? What happened if you lost a loved one because of this power? The story of Watch Dogs is about what surveillance information and being "connected" can do to you and the people around you.

Voice acting is spot on with most characters (Jordi especially), but he main character, Aiden Pierce, is voiced by Noam Jenkins, who portrayed Michael Marks in Saw II and Saw IV.

2. Excellent music. From the awesome OST to the licensed music we see in GTA type games such as this, Watch Dogs covers nearly every song genre and has many songs that will define certain scenes of the game.

3. Mini games. Chess, Drinking games, Alien shooting game, Retro coin rush, Poker, Shell game (ball under cup)......etc. All quick, fun, and sometimes relaxing games to side track you for hours.

4. Weapons/Vehicles. Baton, Shotgun, Machine gun, rifle, handgun, grenade launcher, mines, and of course your phone are just some of the weapons you have access to in the game. As for vehicles, i wont name them all but you can do normal stuff cars, trucks and motorcycles but can also do the more unique stuff like cement trucks, Limousines and skii boats.

5. The game is open world. Think about this game as a GTA lite with focus on stealth and using the technological environment to your advantage by hacking. There are 5 Acts that have 1-6 missons per act. Each mission takes about an hour or more but the REAL time eater is the 100+ side quests and exploration. The world is so huge you will lose track of what you need to be doing and instead you will be just cruising around town knocking stuff over, killing civilians and out running the police.

6. As for replay-ability, if the stuff i listed above isnt enough, the Online modes should do the trick. There are 4 online modes: Tailing, Hacking, Racing and ctOS mobile app. With tailing and hacking, you and the enemy can seamlessly sneak into each others game without the person knowing until he is under attack. Feels a lot like Dark Souls. ctOS and Racing are the 2 online modes where you must joina room to compete. These modes will keep you busy long after the main story is complete.

7. The hacking. You can hack stop lights to cause car crashes, you can cause guard rails to suddenly appear on the street, you can hack bridges to rise or lower, you can hack car alarms, gas pipes to explode, you can hack enemy grenades to explode and much much more. On top of that you can scan every NPC or real player you come across and learn a small bit of info off of them (salary, interests, affiliations, age, sex and more). After a while, it gets old but the as you level up and gain more skills, you learn to refine you hacking abilities and suddenly the city becomes yours to control.

I could go on for days about this game but i guess ill stop it here. If i had to rate the game as just a game on the WiiU and not on any other system, id give it an 8 out of 10. If you guys do decide to get this game, play with me. See if you can hack me!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can get hacked by the other 10 people who bought the game on Wii U.

Xyro77

You can get hacked by the other 10 people who bought the game on Wii U.
I can kinda see how many people have the game. im ranked 8343 in online racing.

so no, there are not 10 people with this game. in fact, average wait time for a game is less than 1 min and i always find new people to play.

thanks for being wrong AGAIN

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I can kinda see how many people have the game. im ranked 8343 in online racing.

so no, there are not 10 people with this game. in fact, average wait time for a game is less than 1 min and i always find new people to play.

thanks for being wrong AGAIN
Congrats, it is losing to a portable "bad game" as you claimed.

P4 and Kadin, come join us for the hunts whenever. The laughs, the tears, the rage and the carts.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Congrats, it is losing to a portable "bad game" as you claimed.
Thanks for comparing a 3rd party game on the WiiU (who has only sold about 9mil unit) to a a 3rd party game on a handheld that has sold over 50mil units. by default, it will sell more, regardless if its good or bad.

yet again, another ******** comment by RT.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Sorry, had to fix a spelling error for you.
If WatchDogs only sells to 1% of 9 million WiiUs, that is 90,000 copies sold. That is considered a flop/bad game.
If MH4 only sells to 1% of the 50 million 3ds, that is 500, 000 copies sold. For MH that is considered a flop/bad game.
This means that Watch Dogs would have to sell to 5.5% of all WiiU owners (which is unheard of for any 3rd party wiiu game) to catch up to 1% of MH4 sales.

So, as is said, regardless if WD/MH4 is good or bad, MH4 will always sell more. again, by default.

thanks for being dumb all these years.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You don't seem to understand how good games tend to sell more and last longer than bad games.

Watch Dogs sold 4 million within a week of release and it was on 3 or 4 systems. MH4U just finally hit 3 million after it got released outside Japan, but it sold almost 2 million within first two days in Japan alone.

That is a testament of how good the game series is, which you think is trash (but since you're bad at it, this is predictable). But nice of you to include only the Wii U version to fit your argument instead of talking about WD sales across ALL systems. Shouldn't Watch Dogs have sold like 100 million copies since the combined PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox, and PC systems is well over a billion if what you said is right?

Tl;dr: WD is modern gaming garbage, MH is good fun if you can git gud.

Last edited:

Xyro77

You don't seem to understand how good games tend to sell more and last longer than bad games.

Watch Dogs sold 4 million within a week of release and it was on 3 or 4 systems. MH4U just finally hit 3 million after it got released outside Japan, but it sold almost 2 million within first two days in Japan alone.

That is a testament of how good the game series is, which you think is trash (but since you're bad at it, this is predictable). But nice of you to include only the Wii U version to fit your argument instead of talking about WD sales across ALL systems. Shouldn't Watch Dogs have sold like 100 million copies since the combined PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox, and PC systems is well over a billion if what you said is right?

Tl;dr: WD is modern gaming garbage, MH is good fun if you can git gud.
We are talking WiiU vs 3ds and numbers. not ps4+360+ps3+x-bone+wiiu+pc vs 3ds. "Good" and "bad" are opinions.

Strictly speaking by math, Nintendo MH will ALWAYS out sell Nintendo WD (or any 3rd party game for that matter). Being good or bad has nothing to do with it. The install base has EVERYTHING to do with it.

You cant spin this around. you are flat out wrong (the norm). accept it.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Whatever you say, Xyro. Enjoy your crap GTA clone with some hacking elements. I almost made the same mistake you did in buying the game, but then I realized it was crap and the sales can back that up.

Good luck to those going to SAM2. If the Holy Diddy Empire shows up, then...have fun or something.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Was the Wii U at least on sale?

Mario Party is the only booty game I see on that list.

Last edited:

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Just have wishful thinking that Mario party will be good, and I got wii u, gamepad, 2 wii motes and 2 nunchucks for $180.

I prefer competitive games over everything, so I'm usually playing on PC or xbone if I'm not playing smash or kart. To be honest haven't played a game just for the story in quite some time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For that price, it is a steal.

Consider investing in the new Xenoblade game when it comes out, unless JRPGs are not your type.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Nah, I won't forgive you until you make us smarter than Poland.

Xyro77

Im gonna propose a question to you.

HOW smart is Poland? Weren't they the one who allowed 13 concentration/extermination caps into their country During World War 4? Didn't the people of Poland sit in camps and play chess but never revolt? The average camp was at 6:1 ratio in the prisoners favor while others were at 12:1. So again, how smart do you have to be to realize this? Obviously MUCH smarter because most prisoners were erased from existence.

TLDR;

Passing up Poland will be easy. Gimmi a few days.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
You people make me realize there's more to life then brisk tea and eating Trela's food

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Good luck to anyone going to San Antonio today
If they have a link to the bracket post it so I can see please

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
So the West Coast Port Strike has apparently come to an end. This COULD mean that amiibo situation will be slightly better. Also very likely you'll see trickles of rares that never made it to the stores.

Prepare yourself for Wave 4 Pre Orders. Ness, Robin, Lucina....dear fish.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I played a Wario online
absolutely disgusting I went Villager just to counter him

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
watching the stream right now. feel kinda sad for megafox, he constantly read denti's soul, but ended up SDing last stock last hit.

Xyro77

I'm not. I only saw a few matches cause I knew how the event would go.

Didn't know Trela would do so bad though.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I'm not. I only saw a few matches cause I knew how the event would go.

Didn't know Trela would do so bad though.
But you know everything.

Big congrats on Espy for tearing through some folks this time and ALSM for finally clutching out two sets in grand finals.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
So the West Coast Port Strike has apparently come to an end. This COULD mean that amiibo situation will be slightly better. Also very likely you'll see trickles of rares that never made it to the stores.

Prepare yourself for Wave 4 Pre Orders. Ness, Robin, Lucina....dear fish.
I will do unforgivable things for a Ness amiibo. Unforgivable.

Top Bottom