• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
if u like smash 4 ur stoopid
like if u agreed!1!11!

Last edited:

z00ted

hey, flip.. i'm pretty sure i could find one myself but what specific wireless adapter were you talking about for the wii u?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wired ethernet adapter for Wii U, Wii U is already wireless. Just check on Amazon or other places if you don't care if it's third-party or not. An official one is harder to find right now.

Last edited:

z00ted

wow someone just bought my gc adapter for $80 on amazon

z00ted

;;;;;;::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::. ¸ -•¬=≈›„¸„«¤= = = ≈ ¤» ¸
;: ¸ ¸.*.*..·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·.·´. . . . . . . .¸ – ~ ¬ ~ – ¸ .. "› ¸
;;«¤»¸ :;;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;:::::::::;;;;;:: ¸ ´ . ¸ «¬^**^¬»¸ . ` ::.¯¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*¤———————————————— » ¸
¸ .
´‹„¸¸„›'.:¸,:´¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨V¨¨¨¨¨* ¸ :;;;: ' . ¸ " ............... " ¸ . " :;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:´ ¸´;; /
;`»„¸¸„ « ´ ...::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;, ,;;;;;::. ’¸ : . ¸' ..................... '¸ . ' ;;;;;;;;;: ¸ ‹ *¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*›¸ :;;;;;;;;;;;: ¸ ‹ *¨¨¨¨¨¨*^•—, :;;;;;;;;;;;;:´ ¸ ´ . ¸´
;;,,,,,,,,;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:::. ;¸„»~ ; ....1/\/\ A 13E4$T... ; . ' ;;;;;;;::. \¸. . . . . . . / .:;;;;;;;;;;:. \¸ . . . . . . . / .:;;;;;;:´ ¸ « ´ .
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::::::. ·, .' ¸ ................. ¸´ . ;¸ ‹ ¬ * ¨ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ . ¸ « ´
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:: ¸ « ´ ¸ . * › „ ¸ ¸ ¸ „ « * ¸« ´.:;;: ¸ ‹ ¬ * " ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¯
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::. "›¸ :::.¨ - „ ¸ ¸ ¸ ¸ „ – ´.:;;: ¸ ·´
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;::.. " » ¸ :::;;;;;;;;::: ¸ « ´
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;:::... ¯ " * * " ¯

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
$80? People are being impatient.

Getting a hotel room near the venue or megabus place isn't out of the question for me but I'm more concerned about getting to the venue. Don't wanna be splurgin on uber if I'm buying a room.
Also would Jerm or Ill or any houston hustlers be down to hit da club friday night?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Countdown to The Road to TGC 2 begins Now! The Road to TGC 1 had 150 players in attendence setting the USA record so lets see if we can break that record come Dec 6 and make history again at our 2nd preview event. Tickets are flying fast so reserve your tickets on Eventbrite at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-road-to-tgc-2-smash-wiiumario-kart-8-tournaments-tickets-13425880169 before they are all gone and RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/events/801997049821247 . This event will have FREE venue fee and FREE food sponsored by AirbrushKing.net and TGCApp.net. The games that will be featured at this event will be Smash Bros Wii U & Mario Kart 8. This event will not feature any FGC games or BYOC section because of space limitations but will be featured at TGC 1 and the future of TGC events. Looking forward to seeing who will become champions and will see you all soon!

Last edited:

z00ted

Getting a hotel room near the venue or megabus place isn't out of the question for me but I'm more concerned about getting to the venue. Don't wanna be splurgin on uber if I'm buying a room.
Also would Jerm or Ill or any houston hustlers be down to hit da club friday night?
lmao if i have work off saturday i'll go since it sounds pree fun but im not much of a CLUB TYPE ***** myself

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'll be at tcg with a corpus carpool assuming it doesn't get cancelled.

But if that does happen, then I'll still take a greyhound or something to get there. I think I still remember the bus routes to get around but I'll bring that up if it comes to it.

Can't wait to see everyone again, it's been a while.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Been playing people who have good connections and lost 40 of 52 fights. i really dislike this game.

z00ted

the game's wifi is terrible, don't judge off of that lol. you gonna be at sync's anytime this week, ya wimp? palutena practice?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Been playing people who have good connections and lost 40 of 52 fights. i really dislike this game.
Not liking because the game is bad or not liking because you're not winning as much as you think you should be winning?

The online for Wii U is far better than the 3DS version ever was. Even without wired connections, it's very rare to see the loading symbol from the matches I've played. You might get an occasional stutter or so.

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
man... I got unlucky. can't find a GCC adapter anywhere. and amazon and some other retail sites are price gouging real hard. :p

anyone got some advice on how to get one at original price? or should I give in to the greedy merchants?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Not liking because the game is bad or not liking because you're not winning as much as you think you should be winning?
No no. I'm losing because I don't know what to do in a game that is lacking the most common stuff that was found in every smash game.

1. Ledge hogging
2. More than one the ledge grab with invincibility
3. Shield poking with ease or at least slight ease
4. Being able to knock people off ledges/platforms while in shield
5. Allowing for more than one aerial in a short hop
6. Chain grabs
7. Missile canceling (projectile canceling)

And much more.

It feels like I have to pick one of the top 5 characters to compensate for the lack of depth in this game or just suffer. I already went through 6 years of suffering all because I wanted to use a character I like.

So unless there is a secret way to play this game that I'm just missing I just don't like this game. Like I don't even look forward to turning on the game. Hell, I'm more excited for Watch Dogs on WIIU (the worst version btw) than smash 4. That's not good, man ;(

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You just gotta embrace the inner Brawl of this game and you'll do better. That's how I feel.

Alternatively, go feral with Fox/Falcon.

We should play some friendlies online during some weeknight if you want.

I'm still not liking some of the stages on the list for TGC, mainly because they are too big and people take forever to die. Even in friendlies with other people not trying to time each other out, matches almost go to time. But whatever, I can just protest by not entering singles.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Ill what adapter were you looking for? The Wii U LAN adapter or the ethernet adapater which allows you to use ethernet connection from anywhere in the house as long is connected to wall socket.

WIFI was really good against Trela. Barely any input delays. Hopefully some of my new techs work at TGC2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom