• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you already added me on your Friend List, then you're all set.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I may main ________________.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
But...but hidden characters...

Eh, doesn't matter.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord

Hopefully they keep him not too nerfed. Olimar got that nerf!

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The only nerf Diddy would have is removing glidetossing, because they fixed the physics.

His Rocketbarrel looks buffed (uncharged seems to go much farther, looks easier to control the angle, and more control after it fizzles out AND you can go completely horizontal as an attack option).

And who knows how many invincibility frames his monkey hump move has now. I wouldn't be surprised if they were like, "Duhhhhhh, needs to be the entire animation!"

But yeah, sarcasm aside, it depends on how Diddy transitions from Brawl. Sort of how Marth transitioned from Melee to Brawl. They improved a few things and nerfed a few things, and he is still a great character, but not as dominating because Brawl engine.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro, still adamant on not having tournaments for the 3DS version?

It will might be 6 months before the Wii U version comes out...

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Has anybody experienced connectivity issues with multiple 3DS playing together at the same time?

Since majority of people will want to get a 3DS for Smash, can we make Super Street Fighter IV : 3D Edition a side event :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Some places are taking reserves for both versions, so start checking...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'll have to do something with the 3ds version. Once the WiiU version is out, I'll trash the 3ds stuff sooooo fast.

Yet again, Nintendo making a huge mistake by offering the 3ds version first.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, it would be useful to have say....while waiting in line for the new X-men/Spiderman/whatever movie? You know there will be other nerds with a copy of the game...

I suspect there are probably a few technical details for the Wii U version that are not ready...probably the online portion.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Dunno about anything else but SA has been dry since Nike/Blondie moved around summer last year outside of con tournaments like San Japan 6 in August. Austin been ded since Zigsta left 2 years ago, and Houston hosts WHOBO's only afaik.

Dallas is the beacon for, as zano said, P:M mostly.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, at least there will be some laggy online play very soon. It'll be a massive trainwreck fun!

BioDG

Smash Ace
Hooray for smash 4 updates yesterday!

Last edited:

Xyro77

The best option for PM/Mele/Brawl/64 in Texas right now is WHOBO MLG.

It's may 3rd-4th

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I don't care too much for Greninja as a pokemon, but if he plays anything like Sheik, I may use him.

Sad that Sheik's ftilt got nerfed, but it was a necessary evil.

:059:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There are going to be so many Greninjas, Lucarios, and Mega Mans early on...blue characters everywhere.

Xyro77

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Late fees tho

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Duuuuuuuuuuuude, k.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
TGM,
1: congrats on the success thru the years in tournament
2: have 3ds events because I plan on playing

side note: Ima run with charizard or my beloved toon link, assuming I can wave shine possibly falco. I look forward to seeing whose new in Houston.

Last edited:

Xyro77

TGM,
1: congrats on the success thru the years in tournament
2: have 3ds events because I plan on playing

side note: Ima run with charizard or my beloved toon link, assuming I can wave shine possibly falco. I look forward to seeing whose new in Houston.

oh yeah ill most def do 3ds events, especially at the beginning. if the rumors are true, you can use the 3ds as a controller for the wiiu. that will help make this game grow HUGE.

Xyro77

5 more days until online registration ends for WHOBO MLG Houston. You can still register at the door but it will be 40$ instead of 30$.

Some key things to remember:
AirBrushKing is donating a 100$ pot bonus to Melee and i am donating 100$ pot bonus to Brawl. No promises but we are working on a pot bonus for PM.

Melee gets MLG seeding points for the MLG 2014 championships in Anaheim. The top 32 players in Melee 1vs1 get these points. To claim them you must register at https://accounts.majorleaguegaming.com/account/new

There will be a trophy for Brawl and medals for all events (melee/PM/Brawl/ssb64)

Please bring a full set-up we really need them. Free drink vouchers and some custome smash posters are available to the first wave of people who bring full set-ups (wii/ssbb+ssbm/tv).

For more info on rules or anything WHOBO related including registration please go to the links below. If you have any questions, post in those 2 links and me or ABK will get back to you.

FB link: https://m.facebook.com/events/278250605676938

SWF link: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/

AllisBrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466#

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo MLG registration closes at Midnight tonight! Today is the last day to register so visit http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobomlg to reserve your spot. We want to thank everyone for the continued support and look forward to everyone making this an epic event.

$100 Pot Bonus to Project M: Sponsored by Timothy Hansmann so special shoutout goes out to him. Much props!

Young Houston Magazine: William is the CEO/Founder of Young Houston Magazine and invited him to come experience Whobo. He will be in attendance at Whobo doing coverage and have his photographer take pictures. We are currently discussing about having the magazine cover the new championship series as far as articles and the top ranking players so stay tuned for future announcements.

Nintendo: Arron is a Nintendo rep that ive known for a long time and has been working for Nintendo for years. He will be in attendance taking pictures and giving out giveaways and answering questions. He will also be taking footage of the tournament atmosphere to show Nintendo so we can talk about future sponsorship for the new championship series so stay tuned for future announcements.

Fox 26 Coverage: Decided to save them for the new championship series along with Channel 11 so stay tuned for future announcements.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo MLG (Final Announcement): With only a few days away I hope everyone is trained and sharp before combat begins. If you have any questions or concerns PM me or contact Xyro at 409-692-0697. Lets get hype and see everyone May 3-4!

# 1: BE ON TIME! Venue opens at 10am/Sat and 11am/Sun. You will be DQed if you do not show up for your match. We have 11 events to get done in 2 days so lets stay organized and on schedule!

May 3/Sat Schedule: 10:00am - Venue opens and start setting up setups/tv's.
10:30/10:45am - Group Picture and Video.
10:45/12:00am - Registration for all games. Pre-Registers will come 1st.
12:00/1:00pm - New championship series trailer reveal with information and warmup casuals.
1:00pm - All tournaments will begin! William CEO/Founder of Young Houston Magazine will be taking pictures and checking out the atmosphere.

May 4/Sun Schedule: 11:00am - Finish anything that wasnt completed on Sat and start Top 8. After Top 8 1st place winners will receive there money, medals and prizes.

# 2: Spectator & Venue Fee: Venue Fee will be 40$ for Saturday & Sunday and this includes entering any tournament plus casuals. Spectator Fee will be 20$ per day and this includes casuals. You can pay for each event when you check-in/sign-in. You will need your wristband for both days or for 1 day. If you dont have your wristband you will have to purchase another one so make sure you keep your wristbands.

# 3: Group Picture/Video: I along with Arron from Nintendo will be taking a group picture outside and video as well. This will be taken around 10:30/10:45am so be prepared.

# 4: No Outside Food/Drinks: Zuma management has told me that they have a 0 tolerance for outside food or drinks so they are not allowed in the venue. They are strict about there policy and reserve the right to kick anybody out the venue without warning.

# 5: Full Setups - Bring whatever you can bring to make the tournament run fast. We will need tv's/wii's/gamecubes/64/all games. The more setups we have the faster the tournament will be ran so everyone can get to friendlies/money matches. The 1st 5 players to line up that pre-registered that brings a full setup will receive a free drink coupon and a free poster of your choice. You will also get 1st dibs on what Arron from Nintendo has as giveaways so 1st come 1st serve!

# 6: Bring Extra Money - It will be needed for buying Food/Whobo collectibles and Money matches!

# 7: Whobo Collectibles - Whobo collectibles will be on sale which includes 2 posters (Brawl/Melee) so when you get your wristband from me let me know what you want and ill take care of you. I will have some permanent markers available so you can have your friends and players sign them for memory's.

# 8: Bring Exact Change - Accepting $1's, $5's and $10's. ATM is available downstairs if needed!

# 9: Pre-Register Paypal Confirmation - In order for you to receive your wristband and enter any of the events we will have to see a receipt from paypal either printed out or pull it up on your phone. Everyone that has paid should have received a confirmation email from paypal letting you know what you paid for. If you have not received an email, contact your payment provider and paypal to make sure the transaction went through. Pm me if you have any questions or concerns. It is also a requirement that everyone purchase a wristband in order to enter the Whobo area. Security will be enforced and there will be no exceptions!

# 10: Cash Payouts/Pot Bonus/Prizes - All champions that place after all the events are over will be paid in cash only. 1st place winners will receive additional prizes!

Top Bottom