• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Announcement #3 (Pot Bonuses):

Me and AirbrushKing will be sponsoring a 200$ pot bonus to WHOBO MLG. Xyro will do 100$ for Brawl's top 3 1vs1 players 1st (60$), 2nd (30$), 3rd (10$) and AirBrushKing will do 100$ to Melee 1vs1 1st (50$) and 50$ for 2vs2 (25$ each team member). Registration spots are filling up so register now at www.airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobomlg to secure your spot. More announcements are on the way so stay tuned!

SWF Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/

FB Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/

AiB event page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's always entertaining to go back and play MH3U and find a game where a Kelbi Bow user carts three times in a row.

Or someone carting to Arzuros even once.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Some things never change.

Or in this case, people are bad.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's okay.

You'll never be as great as him.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Hey guys, TGM (for old gens) or Xyro (for new gens) here, i just wanted to confirm that MLG has seen all these grassroot events we are doing and has decided to guarantee MELEE a spot at MLG Championships (Anaheim, Ca). Melee has not been at MLG since 06-07 iirc so this is a HUGE deal. Expect an official announcement today or by friday.

So what now? If you have been to an MLG event before, you already know that MLG will not seed you at all unless you have circuit points. If you have not been to an MLG event lmao you now know the same info. So how do you get these seeding points? Attend MLG grassroot events and MLG will award points to the top 64 players in Melee at these events. These points will then give you a better seed at MLG Anaheim.

March 29th | CEO Prologue (SSBM) | Orlando, FL
May 3rd - 4th | WHOBO 6 (SSBM/SSBB) | Houston, TX
May 10th-11th | Get on My Level (SSBM/SSBB) | Toronto, Canada
May 24th- 25th | Pat’s House 2 (SSBM) | San Diego, CA
May 31st - June 1st | SKTAR 3 (SSBB / SSBM) | Somerset, NJ

See those events? These are all the MLG sponsored grassroot events that will award points to Melee (1st-64th place). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE attend as many of these as possible and get yourself points.

edit: Think about this for a second. iirc MLG pays out the top 10. When brawl was at MLG Championships (Dallas) in 2010, 7th place got $1000 iirc. 7TH PLACE!!!!! I assume MLG will do the same (or better) in terms of money this time around. These grassroot seeding points will def help you reach a easy 7th place.

SWF Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/

FB Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/

AiB event page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

Oracle

Smash Master
Texas Showdown is April 4th-6th! Featuring SSBM and SSBPM (Which will be on friday). Anybody interested in coming? I know the venue isn't cheap ($40 online, $50 at the door), but this is a great opportunity to show PM and melee off to the traditional FGC. There will be plenty of other fighting games, 3 days worth of events, and Capcom is even bringing Ultra SF4 that you can play! Registration is here

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
It's always entertaining to go back and play MH3U and find a game where a Kelbi Bow user carts three times in a row.

Or someone carting to Arzuros even once.
Why were you hunting Arzuros in the first place?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just joining random rooms to see how rusty I was.

Clearly, not rusty enough to cart to Arzuros.

Good to know.

Last edited:

FujintalksboutDin'sFire

Banned via Administration
Xyro refuses to participate in the gif battle, this means that I win by default.

But let's be real, we all knew this was going to be the outcome.

#shetriedit​

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
PS4 has nogames as much as the Wii U at this point.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Talking about online games that are actually good.

Xyro77

Online games? Lmao why would anybody wanna be more of an anti social introvert NERD than they already are?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Okay, head of Houston Super Smash Bros Community.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Yes. I hold OFFLINE events where I TALK to individuals (interpersonal communication) and announce things in front of 50+ people (public speaking).

I am a symbol of extroverted goodness as well as a social goddess. I am a superior life form.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
...................yes

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
.........................sick

Xyro77

[Haggard Ending - Anti Augmentation]

Freedom... To those who don't have it, it's more valuable than gold. But where should it start and end? We humans often think we have the right to expand, absorb, convert, or possess anything we need to reach our dreams. But time and time again, hasn't this led to conflicts with others who essentially believe the same thing? Looking back at the challenges I faced - at the way I often resolved them - I realize morality can become our saving grace. Most of the time, didn't I try to keep my values in mind, knowing how my actions would effect others? More often than not. I resisted the urge to abuse power and resources simply to reach my goals more swiftly. I managed to hang on to my humanity - but the temptation to ignore it was always there. It's that temptation that so worries Taggart. He's not afraid of freedom. He's afraid of the chaos that erupts when individuals have nothing but morality to constrain them. He wants us to regulate enhancement technologies, because he fears all that power whitout limits, whitout guiderails to keep us from abusing it. Absolute freedom is no better than chaos. Society needs laws and regulations to protect it. So if the men and women behind Taggart need to work in the shadows, pulling strings to enable us to head in a safe direction, will supporting them be all that bad? If they're as wise as Taggart says, how bad will their leadership be? I just hope they stand by with they say.

[Sarif Ending - Pro Augmentation]

Sarif was right about one thing. It's in our Nature to want to rise above our limits. Think about it. We were cold, so we harnessed fire. We were weak, so we invented tools. Every time we met an obstacle, we used creativity and ingenuity to overcome it. The cycle is inevitable... but will the outcome always be good? I guess that will depend on how we approach it. These past few months, I was challenged many times, but more often then not, didn't I try to keep morality in mind, knowing that my actions didn't have to harm others? Time and time again, didn't I resist the urge to abuse power and resources, simply to achieve my goals more swiftly? In the past, we've had to compensate for weakness, finding quick solutions that only benefit a few. But what if we never need to feel weak or morally conflicted again? What if the path Sarif wants us to take enables us to hold on to higher values with more stability? One thing is obvious. For the first time in history, we have a chance to steal fire from the gods. To turn away from it now - to stop pursuing a future in which technology and biology combine, leading to the promise of a Singularity - would mean to deny the very essence of who we are. No doubt the road to get there will be bumpy, hurting some people on the way. But won't achieving the dream be worth it? We can become the gods we've always been striving to be. We might as well get good at it.

[Darrow Ending - Tell The Truth]

Albert Einstein said: "Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of pathological criminal." Took me awhile, but I finally see his point. How often have we chased the dream of progress, only to see that dream perveted? More often than not, haven't the machines we built to improve life shattered the lives of millions? And now we want to turn that dream on ourselves, to fundamentally improve who we are. Experience has shown me how dangerous that can be. How many times, in the call of duty, did I almost fall into the trap of taking shortcuts, abusing my abilities or the resources at hand? I resisted - barely at times - because I valued human lives and considerations. But can I truly despise others who fall? Technology offers us strength, strength enables dominance, and dominance paves the way for abuse. Darrow understood this. He knew that using technology to become something more than we are risks losing our ability to love, aspire, or make moral choices - the very things that make us Human. It also risks giving some men the power to make others what they choose - regardless of the cost to human dignity. The suffering Darrow inflicted is not the end of the world. It is merely the seed for change. And change never comes without pain.

[Suicide - Let Mankind Choose]

Do I trust Mankind to save itself? That's what Eliza was asking. The truth is, I don't know. After everything I've seen, all the fighting, and the chaos around me. I only know what I want to believe: somehow, human decency will triumph. These past few months, I faced many life-threatening situations. I could have given up many times, but my need to know the truth, to uncover the secrets that others were hiding, and to survive, forced me to keep on going. Most of the time, I tried to keep my values in mind, knowing my actions did not have to harm others. I held on to my humanity, resisting the urge to abuse power or resources in order to meet my goals. And in the end, I got the job done. But does this mean I have the right to choose for everyone? No. Because it isn't up to me. It isn't up to Darrow. Sarif, or Taggart, either. Ordinary men and women will have to decide together what course mankind should take. The kind of people who, time and time again, have picked and chosen the future in highly practical ways - slowing change when it's negative, speeding it up when it's good. Can they do it again? I don't know. But I do know I'm not about to let anyone in this station, including myself, stand in their way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom