• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
BA91A632-FF4C-4632-A751-ACC48ED8D7D4.jpeg

Welcome to the new Houston thread and the home the TEXAS GAMING CHAMPIONSHIPS tournament series!

This thread is the hub for Houston TX smash scene. If you are in the need for some smash or just wanna hang out and chat with the Houston scene, make a post here. As for tournaments/smash fests, the main page (here) is where upcoming events are posted. If you want to have your event advertised here, just message me or tag me in a post.

If you have any questions or comments about anything, please post in this thread, in the Houston Smash Ultimate FB group. These 2 avenues are very active, so the there will always be someone to talk to. We are all pretty friendly here so please don't feel like you shouldn't post because we would love to talk to you.
:)

Upcoming Tournaments

Here is a list of all known upcoming major smash events in Houston. If you know of a event that is happening but not listed, please post in the thread and i will update it as soon as i can.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Great to see a new page. Can't wait for Smash 4 to come out. Xyro let me know if ya need help with anything in the future!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
New thread?
Goodbye old thread , you held great memories ; ;

Now for a new generation. Hai gais, thought you were all dead but forgot the old thread barely let us in or post.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awesome, time to trash the new thread.

Xyro77

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Then give me your money.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its okay, we'll get new guys. A new generation of smashers that aren't banned yet. It will be glorious!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
More new gens, like Tesh!

...I vomit in my mouth a little.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That feel when you can use a smartphone.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Oh cool, this is nice. Before you guys complete burn this thread into the ground like the old one, let's actually post constructive stuff to build towards smash 4 and the future competitive scene in Houston. As of now, it's literally dead in Brawl. No surprise there nor do I encourage a revival of it lol. Anyways, Rosalina is looking like my front runner main right now.

Edit: Should I change my name for smash 4? My current name was sort of borrowed from my brother since he wasn't playing games during that time. Well he uses it as his tag nowadays. Should I stay, go to my tag, GrimTurtle, or make a new one?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
1st page heeeeey

#WeInThere #HYPE #HEWELSE #1st #IwinUlose #WeBadUMad #YOLO #BYE

Imma come back here and add a gif when I'm allowed to. :secretkpop:

This little asian girl will suffice for now. :secretkpop:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'd prolly stay with Razer still since it's stuck with the community since you joined.
As much as people hate to say it, people who joined in the early ages of brawl in 08-10 are now considered Veterans by the time Smash 4 comes out in most likely Summer next year cause that's 4-6 years of this game under their belt.

Xyro77

I'd change your name since it is being used. I had to go change mine when I went to a tournament that had 3 people (including me) named ZERO.

And dude yea rosalina looks amazing. I think I still want my WiiFitGirl though.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thats why pronouncing it "XAI-ROH" is cooler. Never in my life have I heard of a ****ing Xyro, but everyone and their mama is names zee-roh.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
True Slush, and I like the ring, but then I realize that my brother is the same name and just eh.
I might just change it to be my own self. GrimTurtle or HippoOfDeath. The possibilities are endless.
I'm gonna try all the characters and use the one that's most fun to me barring they are bottom tier or something.
Also keep in mind that new comers to the scene will be seeing this thread first. I remember lurking the first pages of the Houston thread when I first joined.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Razer, its tough to change your name once you are known and good. Unfortunately more people know you as Ultimate Razer than your brother in this world.

Maybe a new game will help. Personally its hard for me not to think of any of you by the names you used when I met you, even opposed to your legal names.

Xyro77

Lmao. So funny to see brawl gens talking about moving on to ssb4.

I've transitioned from ssb64 to melee to brawl and now smash 4. It's mega confusing. That is why I call people Africo/Americo/Mexico or bich. It helps me with remembering names.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Yeah, it'd be hard to break away from it, but it's definitely possible.

I'm a true vet. I played all 3 games. Deal with it.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I guess we'll find out at the first tournament I enter.

Zelda just announced on the website. There's a picture of her using a phantom she takes over from Spirit Tracks to attack. Could be revamped move set. Not much known besides that.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Yeah but those names are better than the previous ones.
it's possibly an assist trophy, unless like link this is supposed to be a hybrid zelda. Does this mean the end of sheik or maybe a stand alone character??

also this pic is high tier

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Whatever, she'll still be low tier.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It probably is a new move for her sideB or neutralB

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I do hope the next group of Backroom or whatever people aren't so indecisive if a character needs to be banned.

But as they say, history repeats itself...

Xyro77

Yeah, it'd be hard to break away from it, but it's definitely possible.

I'm a true vet. I played all 3 games. Deal with it.

You played brawl competitively and that is it. Of the Brawl gen, you are a new gen. Of the smash gen, you can be considered old gen when smash 4 comes out.

if you are like me, you would be considered ancient gen because ive played/competed or held events for all smash games.

Whatever, she'll still be low tier.
She has been low tier in both games she had been in so yea its prob true :(

I do hope the next group of Backroom or whatever people aren't so indecisive if a character needs to be banned.

But as they say, history repeats itself...
We were not indecisive. We were out numbered by anti bans for 5.5 years. Only when we separated from them and took control over the rulesets were we able to achieve greatness.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I still separate myself from the 09-now brawlers. I WAS PART OF THE FIRST WAVE.

Well maybe (this is a theory) if the phantom is part of her move set, they revamped her sort of like with Bowser. I think that picture Zano posted is a Sheik pose.

Well the Wii U can patch so maybe if someone is too broken, they'll fix it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't expect them to patch something unless it an actual glitch that renders the game unplayable or destroys the "fun" of the game (see Mario Kart 7's patch).

A bunch of Smash nerds complaining a character being broken in a party game will hardly motivate them to patch it.

Top Bottom