• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Tesh

Smash Hero
Bowser isnt even good in FFA though, I don't know what they thought they were doing all this time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will laugh if MK is the exact same but gets a projectile.

BETTER THAN BRAWL, RIGHT?!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Those of you with a Wii U: do Wii games lag on a HDTV played on the Wii U? Example, if you play brawl on a 32 inch HDTV, will it lag?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've never used wii mode. Its funny that Wii U is even backwards compatible when wiis are sooooooooooooo cheap now anyway.

I'd have to guess no, since the lag comes from the TV upscaling the SD graphics right?

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I'm pretty sure the DFW vs. Houston rivalry will continue in Smash 4, so I wanna say good luck to you guys, and I look forward to competing and hanging out with you guys in the future.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The best kind:

imaginary.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
MK isn't the problem. The rest of the cast is.
MK is by far 70% of the problem with brawl. Once hes gone, you can allow more stages which counter **** like ICs or snake or diddy....ect. You can also take away that stupid LGL rule that wrecks certain characters.

Those of you with a Wii U: do Wii games lag on a HDTV played on the Wii U? Example, if you play brawl on a 32 inch HDTV, will it lag?
Yes there is lag. but you now can play wii games on the wiiu tablet and i do not know if there is lag on that.

I'm pretty sure the DFW vs. Houston rivalry will continue in Smash 4, so I wanna say good luck to you guys, and I look forward to competing and hanging out with you guys in the future.

There really isnt a rivalry.

Houston was the better melee city back during melee.
Houston is the best brawl city for 5.5 years straight.
Houston has bigger events.

We won 2 smash games pretty solidly. Smash 4 can be different but i doubt it.

Xyro77

Oh also, im co-hosting a brawl event in feburary so get ready for an announcement tonight.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thats a problem with those characters. I'd rather have a game where everyone is balanced and strong like MK, than a game thats balanced with ****ty characters like Samus and Bowser.

As dumb as MK's planking is, there would probably be counters if we had a variety of 40 characters at his level. Many characters can already stop planking, but they are so bad he doesn't need it to win.

Xyro77

Thats a problem with those characters. I'd rather have a game where everyone is balanced and strong like MK, than a game thats balanced with ****ty characters like Samus and Bowser.

As dumb as MK's planking is, there would probably be counters if we had a variety of 40 characters at his level. Many characters can already stop planking, but they are so bad he doesn't need it to win.
No fighting game is balanced and no game is full of MKs. And since smash is a party game, it will always be more messed up than a regular fighting game.

Stages/rules balance out characters. with mk gone it is a fact that the game is more balanced

Tesh

Smash Hero
The game is more balanced if you remove everyone above Mario, but its not fun to watch for long.

The one thing that REALLY makes MK boring to watch is over-centralization. We've seen it all too many times to still want some more at this point.

Imagine if you had 20 characters with an even matchup on MK with varied tools and counterpicks against him. Wouldn't it be more interesting than everyone being as bad as ganon or samus

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
MK is by far 70% of the problem with brawl. Once hes gone, you can allow more stages which counter **** like ICs or snake or diddy....ect. You can also take away that stupid LGL rule that wrecks certain characters.

Yes there is lag. but you now can play wii games on the wiiu tablet and i do not know if there is lag on that.

There really isnt a rivalry.

Houston was the better melee city back during melee.
Houston is the best brawl city for 5.5 years straight.
Houston has bigger events.

We won 2 smash games pretty solidly. Smash 4 can be different but i doubt it.
We'll see in due time.

Xyro77

Imagine if you had 20 characters with an even matchup on MK with varied tools and counterpicks against him. Wouldn't it be more interesting than everyone being as bad as ganon or samus
get rid of MK/allow more stages and this^ happens

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, he will be hosting tournaments for Super Smash Bros for Wii U in the future.

Or SSB4WU.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Any specific tournaments you won? I think there was one...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Keep going...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
New Smash = new legacy.

Make it happen, Flip.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I said i would not host a hobo or whobo ever again

and im keeping my promise.
Not gonna go find all the posts where you said you'd never run a brawl event again, but okay.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro does whatever he wants. He said he would never drink alcohol multiple times...WELP

Xyro77

Xyro does whatever he wants. He said he would never drink alcohol multiple times...WELP
I do what I want
When I want
Regardless of what
I say previously

Who knows, I may snort table salt soon.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Would you snort some cinnamon instead?