• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowswithin

Smash Rookie
blah. moving back to SE texas from ohio >.> lol well this looks fun. i wont be able to make it to hobo though cuz i am coming back in the middle of may.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
blah. moving back to SE texas from ohio >.> lol well this looks fun. i wont be able to make it to hobo though cuz i am coming back in the middle of may.
where exactly are u moving to? and welcome to the texas scene. i KNOW you will enjoy it more than ohio

shadowswithin

Smash Rookie
ohio is tough especially with the michigan peeps all over the place. Anther and ally especially. Tough crowd up here. im moving back down to near houston area. about an hour away from there. i have been playing tourneys every weekend up here in ohio so im hoping to keep that going down there.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ohio is tough especially with the michigan peeps all over the place. Anther and ally especially. Tough crowd up here. im moving back down to near houston area. about an hour away from there. i have been playing tourneys every weekend up here in ohio so im hoping to keep that going down there.
truts me. our scene is 2nd to calis(population wise) and i assure u, our skill level meets and or beats michigans.

come to one of my hobos. and test us. u main lucas?

shadowswithin

Smash Rookie
lol i saw him the other day :p well i know some ohio people were talking bad about texas people. they said they had no skill and such :p.

shadowswithin

Smash Rookie
im thinking about starting some small tourneys down where i live maybe max 20-25 people nothing big. just some at my house or something when i get back.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol i saw him the other day :p well i know some ohio people were talking bad about texas people. they said they had no skill and such :p.
Um, lol.

10 best ohio people vs texas top 10

$1000 MM?

:p. It will never happen, but I can dream haha.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Santi isnt going. And I'm sure quivo didnt say that texas sucks. I'm sure he knows how good we are. 10 vs 10 texas vs anyone. Texas WILL WIN. I'm not saying that because I'm on the top 10, sub me out with Hylian or anyone.. still gonna be ****.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm ranked 11th in texas lol, I don't know if you would call that good.

Who are these people? I don't believe I've ever played anyone from Ohio.

You know Lain lost to our 2nd best diddy player in losers at whobo right and got 33rd? Even though he has some valid johns haha it should tell you something about the skill level here.

Also, don't double post. Use the edit button.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lain isnt from ohio hylian. I think =x
I know, but he is certainly better then everyone in ohio being the 2nd best player in the midwest next to Anther.

Anyways, I don't really care what people in Ohio say about us, or me lol. They haven't even played us. People just love to **** talk others for no reason, but it's cool. We don't need to prove anything :p. Everyone who comes here knows what's up.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i know im originally from texas so i obviously defended you guys :p but eh you cant make people stop dreaming :p
It's cool. We just like to have fun here :).

When people trash talk us we just beat them :p.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
New Jersey will gladly do that 10 vs 10 thing for money. Texas is way too cocky if they think their top 10 can take the combined strength of multiple other regions. Texas is mad good...but come on. >_>;

NJ has Mew2King, Atomsk, ADHD, teh_spamerer, and myself...and you're not even considering NJ at all in this thread from what I'm seeing. Sigh. Ignorance is bliss? :(

I guess we are bad over here.....

Broly

Smash Lord
i know...but he said might as well he play marth than me...

inui- NJ is good, but not texas level... im sure we'd beat you by 4-8 stocks...LOLZ

Inui

Banned via Warnings
...If you say so. I've been to both places recently. Both are extremely good, so w/e. Thinking TX would easily win is silly... >_>;

Edit: Top 5 is extremely heavily biased in NJ's favor against everyone. Mew2King, teh_spamerer, Inui, ADHD, and Atomsk is too strong of a line-up, imo. Our weakness is the gap after those five players, which is what TX would need to exploit to win, because TX probably has the better 6-10.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
New Jersey will gladly do that 10 vs 10 thing for money. Texas is way too cocky if they think their top 10 can take the combined strength of multiple other regions. Texas is mad good...but come on. >_>;

NJ has Mew2King, Atomsk, ADHD, teh_spamerer, and myself...and you're not even considering NJ at all in this thread from what I'm seeing. Sigh. Ignorance is bliss? :(

I guess we are bad over here.....
I never said we could take multiple states combined >_>. That was Jerm haha.

I think TX vs NJ top 10 would be an amazing crew battle :p. NJ would easily be the hardest state for us to face, but we could still win.

In fact, I don't know who would win really. Of course I'm biased for texas, but I think it would come down to whoever made the better choices as crew captains :).

I also don't think Texas could beat NJ in a 5v5 and agree that our 6-10 are better which is why I said I think a 10v10 would come down to which crew had the better captain :).

There is no way either state would win easily though :).

Inui

Banned via Warnings
NJ has one player better than Dojo, and then three players at his level. After that, Texas is probably stronger overall.

It would indeed come down to smart choices made by captains...and I don't lose crew battles! Let's go!

QUIVO

Smash Master
o rly??

where was this. I don't even know who you are..

and I would never bad mouth Texas players. They're too good <3333

Seriously, I love you texas..

Btw, Texas is practically the size of the midwest.. : (

Broly

Smash Lord
heh, you were scared of Melee1, hes good but ur MK.

i doubt i would be in the crews, but i can take most of top ten in any state imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom