• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADMJP

Smash Apprentice
also, good luck finding a well working gamecube emu that will play melee seamlessly.

forgot about dolphin...nvm, testing it now.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So HOBO 16 will now have SF4 instead of Melee as the other game? Either way makes me happy.

I'll try to rally San Antonio into going.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
SF4 instead of melee at Hobo16?

:( :( :( :(. :(.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
SF4 instead of melee at Hobo16?

:( :( :( :(. :(.
Well I didnt see a buzz on what people thought about offering melee and + I want to rebuild the melee scene so this time I was going to do casuals and if casuals show enough intrest then I will make a space for melee. We still have a month into promotion so if people say they want melee then I would add it. the deal is the bottom of the venue can like hold 200+ people so I was think 50+ players melee 150+ players brawl. Smash bottom floor Make sense ;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
you better

like seriosly, we've come out to like ALL your tourneys.
c'mon
San Antonio is very icky when it comes to travel, for some reason or another.
We're trying to fix that.

If possible, I'd love to go to HOBO16 as well.
Kyle, who were you going to go with?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, PLEASE make sure you save your mooney for world hobo. This event will be the biggest in texas history. also, please bring wii/ssbb to this event. not tvs

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Guys, PLEASE make sure you save your mooney for world hobo. This event will be the biggest in texas history. also, please bring wii/ssbb to this event. not tvs
No TVs? Seriously? Wow o.O

I hope we have enough complete setups to get this thing done fast.

Xyro77

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Being able to support SD cards with bigger storage capacity=oh, exploitable! somehow...

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
We will get faster at this game. and spam is just as bad as is was in melee. and we all deal with it fine. To deal with spam.......stay in your foes face.
LOL who is this guy hes dumb

*loves quoting old posts*

again xyro you should go make sure the TVs at anime matsuri dont lag at all....

can't wait for pnt finals and whobo

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Hey guys I'm going to be down in Houston for 2-4 days in about 2 weeks (week of good friday) during the weekdays... So just wondering about any possible smashfests I could go to during the day/evening (if i get my HW done)... This will probably be a one time thing for me going to Houston since parents rarely let me go to out of town things and I could really use some practice considering I'm grounded right now with no Wii and only practice is smashfests/PBT... So yeah someone PM me about that if anything comes up for that week...

Trela

Smash Lord
Inoright? Such hype!

Xyro: The plan is working! Well, slowly. She keeps interrupting me with "You dont even know him" or "I dont trust him", and she doesnt wanna talk to you :O

I think aggressiveness works on her. I (almost) yelled "I'm finding out wether I'm going with him or not today, and you better tell me if I can!"

=Trela=

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm going to be down in Houston for 2-4 days in about 2 weeks (week of good friday) during the weekdays... So just wondering about any possible smashfests I could go to during the day/evening (if i get my HW done)... This will probably be a one time thing for me going to Houston since parents rarely let me go to out of town things and I could really use some practice considering I'm grounded right now with no Wii and only practice is smashfests/PBT... So yeah someone PM me about that if anything comes up for that week...
lol well just so happens that weekend is the BIGGEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ZOMG!!!!!!!! tournament in the history of texas EVARRRRRR!

check front page for info its called Whobo.

other than that na not too much going on lol :p

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Yes I know about Whobo... Giant event on Dallas thread but I have no ride and parents only would let me get a ride from Ruddy and we arent friends anymore... And we arent down there for tourney stuff anyway I'm not sure why we are going down there but I'll be down there during the week

Xyro77

LOL who is this guy hes dumb

*loves quoting old posts*

again xyro you should go make sure the TVs at anime matsuri dont lag at all....

othing i said was incorrect. we are getting faser in this game. look at vids of the first few months now look at the vids of today. speed has increased.

about spamming. trust me, its bout the same(if you talking about projectiles). I guess you never fought a spammy melee falco or my samus in melee.....some times its worse than brawl spam.

and again stayin in peoples face prevents them from projectile spam.

so yea what i said was true and still holds true to this day. the only thing i was WRONG about was that i though ZS would be high-top tier. I assumed the shield system would stay like melee.....and it didnt.

Inoright? Such hype!

Xyro: The plan is working! Well, slowly. She keeps interrupting me with "You dont even know him" or "I dont trust him", and she doesnt wanna talk to you :O

I think aggressiveness works on her. I (almost) yelled "I'm finding out wether I'm going with him or not today, and you better tell me if I can!"

=Trela=
keep working at it. tell her any and all info she wants will be given to her. addresses/phon numbers/ my SS number.......ect

packymacky

Smash Rookie
so yea my backypacky lol packy was stolen today at school and it had my laptop in it it kinda sucks but i hope they trace it to the trick that stole it

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
so melee is a maybe?
i mean, it would be nice to get great at both melee and brawl... but i only feel completely comfortable with Melee
does anyone play tekken? tekken 6 would make a great addition... just hope that everyone doesn't pick Eddy haha

Gea

Smash Master
about spamming. trust me, its bout the same(if you talking about projectiles). I guess you never fought a spammy melee falco or my samus in melee.....some times its worse than brawl spam.

and again stayin in peoples face prevents them from projectile spam.
No. I don't want to get into a big "MELEE V BRAWL" thing here but I laugh at you saying that projectile spam is easier to handle in Brawl than in Melee.

Powershielding that actually reflects and the inability to approach quickly really cut back on viable options on spam. That's pretty much agreed upon by the community.

But think what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom