• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Thats cool Jeremy. Twas just a question. Though i really want to do out MM... So Pikachu vs Falco?

Jake13

Smash Lord
Rofl, why should you get that one? Also, why callsies like that? There aren't enough **** gamestops to go around. I could just be a *****, show up and take it. ;o

So that everyone doesn't show up to the same one and have nubs in the districts, duhz.

I'm going to the mo city one regardless of who goes, I just thought it would be funny.

And since peach has almost the same movement, I think I've got it in the bag ;)

EDIT: Jeremy, I'll mm you five dollars my peach v your faclo? GL

Gea

Smash Master
So that everyone doesn't show up to the same one and have nubs in the districts, duhz.

I'm going to the mo city one regardless of who goes, I just thought it would be funny.

And since peach has almost the same movement, I think I've got it in the bag ;)

EDIT: Jeremy, I'll mm you five dollars my peach v your faclo? GL
Hahaha I know. Just ****, I was hoping to go to that one. Is the EB still fair game?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Awesome, the game has been out for a week and four types of infinites have already been found.

At this point, Melee 2.0 wouldn't have been so bad. <_<

What are your opinoins on this?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I may come to the last melee tournament.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hylain, its at cesarWTF's house. if you can go, it would be great.

Gea

Smash Master
Awesome, the game has been out for a week and four types of infinites have already been found.

At this point, Melee 2.0 wouldn't have been so bad. <_<

What are your opinoins on this?
Ban the walled stage that matters (Shadow Moses) and move on with our lives.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
As far as anyone can tell right now it benefits no one. Mid ceiling, mid sides, walkoff edges but you can't camp them because of the cars, cars prevent spamming and running. Cars don't really KO...
Walk off edges + stage obstruction = not neutral :ohwell: The cars don't do too much, but they still get in the way (imagine setting up for a perfect knee finisher with falcon, only to have the cars knock you out of it right before you pull it off). It doesn't look like the cars reach into the bottom corners, so you could still camp the bubble down there.

Honestly, I think that the falco laser-locking shouldn't be banned...I mean, if they miss a tech right next to you and they're quick enough to punish you for it, you pretty much deserve it. And since its not an infinite on stages without walls...

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, did u miss me? thats a dumb question.. of course u did! in my absence i've been thinking who i should main in brawl lol.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
looks like brawl is going to be a broken game with all the wall infinites and all...did anyone see the vid were it shows everyones super ball moves? i seen it and it looks like falco,fox, and wolfs tank super can spike people

Xyro77

Onii chan, come on man think. smash balls will not be in tourney play. so mark off that one.
And you beloved melee had a shiz load of infinites too. IC,fox(he had 2). so relax. give up melee or u will alienate yourself from the rest.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
looks like brawl is going to be a broken game with all the wall infinites and all...did anyone see the vid were it shows everyones super ball moves? i seen it and it looks like falco,fox, and wolfs tank super can spike people
Character wise i think balance will be less of a gap then melee,
infinite walls, unfortunately there are people who are big enough ***s to do that so they'll just BAN ALL STAGES with walls lol, problem solved. and yea final smashes won't be in tourneys :'( kinda sad though, i hate seeing programming go to waste, especially sense they wasted money on final smashes rather than implementing more characters.

Xyro77

There comes a point where there can be TOO many characters. AKA Marvel vs capcom 2=56 chars and only 6 are used to win tournies(majority of time)

Im glad they added FS cause it adds a street fighter feel to it( i apreciate that more than i can describe) even though it wont be used in tourney it still adds some fun to the game that melee didnt have.

the way brawl turned out is perfect IMO because i didnt set any expectations. For some reason, people set up thier minds on what brawl should be and if it isnt what they had in mind it sucks.....i admit there are some characters i say "why the F would u bring that guy in(WW link)?" but i accpet it and move on.

this par isnt aimed at u furbs but at certain others........Accept brawl and you will enjoy it far mor ethan melee and ssb combined. TGM(xyro) knows this.......

heytallman

CTALL
Xyro, you forgot to say anything about spacing. I don't think I've seen you make a post about Brawl yet without saying something about spacing, lol. So I'll do it for you: Spacing is key in Brawl! Spacing will make you good at Brawl!

Also, I love final smashes too, I can't wait to play four player free-for-alls with final smashes on WarioWare. WarioWare seems too fun, too bad it's just so unfair for competetion. I can't wait for this game. Jeremy, if you're going on the 16th, BRING BRAWL!!! please?

Xyro77

HeyTallMan...........you seem to remember the most important thing in brawl, SPACING!

But yes, i am dead serious, Spacing is th F-ing key to this game.

Xyro77

tech skill fails if i out space you(specialy since ZS has the longest range) and each infinte needs a wall or a missed tech........walls wont be a prob.....and techs.....no prob either......WAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA

the only thing im truly worried about
is F-ing spammers

link, and peach.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Eh, spamming fails now unless you regenerate your moves. Don't forget Marth. His f-smash ***** even when you don't tip. But when you do...good lord.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Sakurai banned tech skill, lololololol

...not really, but no more waveshine **** does make me kinda happy.

And Marth's fsmash isn't really that good =/ I mean, its a pretty good kill move, 'specially if you tip with it, but in brawl a "really good kill move" is a move that kills at about 110%. Unless you're Ike. :cool:

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Onii chan, come on man think. smash balls will not be in tourney play. so mark off that one.And you beloved melee had a shiz load of infinites too. IC,fox(he had 2). so relax. give up melee or u will alienate yourself from the rest.

i highly doubted that...

yet in melee i learned ways around it but in brawl it seem someone can set ya up for and infinite and your locked in it 'til they kill you...

not really because i believe there will be others who feel the same way i do about brawl or they will just play both either way there will be people still playin melee

Xyro77

u havt loooked deep enough then cause all of these in finies are situational just like in melee.....well except for wobbling.

Smash balls will not be alowed for obvious reasons.....some are one hit KOs while others are TOTALY un-avoidable......so yea smash balls are off.

and yes, there are always people who will never go to brawl,,,,,,,,and in the end they just stop playing smash because most people will not go back to melee. and untill u figure this out.......you will be one of those.

GUYS! i wanna play melee tonite. anybody up for smash after 9pm? im serious.

post back!!!!

Xyro77

yea i dont know. ill be coming down from HW6 around that time( when i get off of work). gea whats your number?

Gea

Smash Master
281 857 5206

I could probably host, just gotta clean some. And if you really really wanted to, I can move my PC downstairs and we can set it up to record matches.

Xyro77

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you seriosu?!?!?!?!?!?!?! gea! thanks! i will be getting off at about 9 or 930pm. is that ok? plz, record. i wanna see what cali has done to you. im gonna text you later to make sure its really your number and not some 55 year old ****-ist

Gea

Smash Master
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you seriosu?!?!?!?!?!?!?! gea! thanks! i will be getting off at about 9 or 930pm. is that ok? plz, record. i wanna see what cali has done to you. im gonna text you later to make sure its really your number and not some 55 year old ****-ist
ROFL. Cali has made me into a 55 year old rapist. BEWARE.

Yeah, sure, why the hell not. If you can get Jake to come, that'd be cool, and maybe I can get David to come as well. Doubles are too fun. But even if its just us, that's fine too.

Edit: Lemme mess with it but there's one down to recording and that's that there is no sound being recorded. Maybe I can get it to work but I doubt it. We'll see. Anyways that really isn't a big deal. I'll try to set everything up before you come.

Xyro77

dude, i cant F-ing wait. plz keep you cell by you incase i need directions.!!!!!!!!! ok well let me ask u this, ill be coming 288 on HW6 south, your subdivision will be on my left, correct?

then what do i do once im in there?

And no sound on the vids is fine. as long as the sound is playing while WE are playin, its cool. ill bring me laptop so i can have the vids. If thats ok?

Gea

Smash Master
Sure man. And yeah, if you're coming down 6 South you'll pass by the main entrance to Lake Olympia (the one with the Shell Station across the street) and keep going. You'll hit another light that turns into a church and a school, keep going. At the NEXT light you'll turn left into Lake Olympia. There is no way to turn right there, so it is pretty easy to know if you've messed up.

If you go past Sienna you've gone too far.

After making the left you'll come to a four way stop. Make another left then just follow that street. From there just call me and I'll explain which house. I'll keep lights on out front and I'm across from a lake. It is pretty easy to get to, but yeah, I'll have my cell on me at all times.

Laptop sounds good. I'll even compress the files for you before getting them onto your laptop. How are you gonna get them into your laptop though? Thumb drive? Each match compresses to about 8 megs I believe.

Xyro77

Ive been to your house once, but mr. mouf locked my keys in the car and i had to pay 55 dollars to get it unlocked!!!! i sso pissed!!!!

yea, call RT and others to come over, will u parents be ok with us over?

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah, as long as we aren't epically loud past 11. My parents are pretty chill since everyone I bring over actually has manners and respects the fact that this isn't their house.

Aka smashers are cool people.

I'll see what I can do regarding other people. Also I have the entire Brawl soundtrack ripped so if you wanna listen to that while we play (music off in melee, sound effects on) we totally could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom