• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm sure if I could find some posts from like...1999 or whenever the ps2 came out, there would be some launch issues to talk about. Keep in mind 10 years ago when something didn't work, people just took it back to the store instead of opening up facebook to ***** about it.

When you mass produce things, you can't guarantee 100% of them will work properly once they get shipped from the factory to the warehouse to the store then to the customer. Alot of chances for things to go wrong even if it was built right.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm sure if I could find some posts from like...1999 or whenever the ps2 came out, there would be some launch issues to talk about. Keep in mind 10 years ago when something didn't work, people just took it back to the store instead of opening up facebook to ***** about it.

When you mass produce things, you can't guarantee 100% of them will work properly once they get shipped from the factory to the warehouse to the store then to the customer. Alot of chances for things to go wrong even if it was built right.
The PS2 launch issues weren't hardware/software related, they were logistics related.

And yes, no device will launch with 99.99% probability of no issues. It's virtually impossible. But this is with a general, catch all perspective.

Definitely with hardware. Especially with hardware.

But firmware/OS is a partially different ball game. Again, if you're doing a general, catch all perspective, yes, you cannot catch all the issues and kinks of launch firmware, but unlike hardware which is out of Sony's control once you start mass producing, I believe you CAN catch all of a particular type of issue when it comes to firmware, specifically the extremely damaging/destructive ones that cause **** like bricked systems.

I feel that, Sony has the ability and funding, that before they launch a console, they can knock out all the critical flaws that will cause a brick as a result of the preloaded software. This is a far more targeted thing and I feel it's very much possible.

And since the PS4 issues are firmware based from my understanding, and is being fixed with a patch, not replacement of hardware, they definitely should not of happened (fun fact: the patch sony just dropped is introducing more problems. http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/15/5108762/ps4-day-one-patch-causing-instability-all-games-says-ea )

tl;dr: hardware issues, impossible to stop them 99.99% of the time. software issues, impossible to stop 99.99% of the time. specific software issues that can cause a whole OS to break and stop working? possible to fix/prevent 99.99% of the time so when THIS specifically happens to sony, shame on sony. not, "well **** happens lol"

Tesh

Smash Hero
Maybe it all falls under the category of "they dont make em like they used to", but its been a long long time since I've seen something launch without a handful being bricked. It just happened with the Wii U just like there were bad 3DS consoles (all i heard about was dead pixels) and its gonna happen with Xbone.

People buying launch stuff is still laughable. The one notable exclusive for PS4 was apparently ****. Every other half decent game on ps4/xbone is also on current gen.

Thats one thing I gotta give Nintendo. They have a commitment to a certain quality and they simply have **** you can't get anywhere else.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I went through 2 3DS at launch lol.

The very 1st one had broken AR cameras from the get go, and the 2nd one's R button wore out within a week.

It was terrible lol.
The last consoles with an amazing launch was the dreamcast and the xbox in america. there were some issues in japan for the dreamcast and the xbox wasnt even a thing for them.

oh well lol.

#Pcmasterrace

Suspect

Smash Hero
The last Mario game I enjoyed was SM3DL for 3ds. Before that? Sunshine? Before that? Mario 3. Other than that, I dislike Mario.
I just got Mario 3D Land for free from a friend and its pretty fun, just speeding through it really fast.

Suspect

Smash Hero
GNES!

Persona Q Shadow of the labryinth for 3DS - Etrian Odyssey style Persona 3 and 4 mash up game for June 2014 in Japan

P4U2 is for PS3 only (sorry 360 owners), 2014 console release planned

Persona 4 Dancing All Night for Vita - Idolmaster with Persona characters, Fall 2014

PERSONA 5 FOR PS3, BASED ATLUS

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's your typical JRPG waifu dating simulator. IT'S WEABOO TRASH, PLAY A REAL GAME LIKE COD.

But it is nice to see they are releasing P5. But the dancing game truly is an oddity...and Adachi hinted at being playable in P4A2 is sure to make his fans happy.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Does Smooooooooooooooooooooooooom still come here? Did you watch Ender's Game yet?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
As of Nov 30th 2013, the Brawl Houston thread was officially declared dead by Xyro77 (the living legend). This thread has over 2mil views and over 100k posts and the mods on SWF say it is too big to fix the issue of not being able to post here.

It has been an honor to post along side all of you in this thread filled with 5.5 years of smash talk and spam. Houston thread, may you rest in peace.

:(

A new Houston thread for brawl+smash 4 had been created and can be found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-houston-thread-brawl-smash-4-under-construction.344694/

FujintalksboutDin'sFire

Banned via Administration
Xyro refuses to participate in the gif battle, this means that I win by default.

But let's be real, we all knew this was going to be the outcome.

#shetriedit​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom